XIC OET 2022 Exam Pattern: Xavier Institute of Communication (XIC) carries out a yearly online entrance test( OET) called XIC OET. The aspirant must qualify XIC OET 2022 to seek admission into PG Diploma courses like Journalism and Mass Communication, Advertising and Marketing Communication, Public Relations and Corporate Communication. The exam is carried out in online mode. It has both subjective, and objective questions. The institute sends the password and log-in details to the aspirant on their registered email id. These details are used to appear for the exam. Check more details about XIC OET 2022 exam pattern from this page.
XIC OET 2022 Exam Pattern
The XIC OET Exam pattern for 2022 is mentioned below:
- Mode of exam: Online
- Sections: Two Sections- Subjective Section, and Objective Section
- Time / Duration: 90 minutes/ 1.5 hours
- Type of questions: Subjective and Objective (Multiple choice questions)
- Marking scheme: The objective section carries 100 marks, and subjective section carries 50 marks.
XIC OET 2022 Exam Syllabus
The two sections of the exam cover different topics. The topics are:
- Objective Section: It consists of questions based on Language Skills, General Knowledge and Knowledge of Media, Logical and Analytical skills.
- Subjective Section: This section consists of 3 questions which could be media related in order to assess creativity, social values, writing skills, course related questions etc.
XIC OET 2022 Exam Preparation Tips
A few tips to ace XIC OET 2022 are:
- Solve the previous year’s sample paper as this will help the aspirant to understand and know the exam. This would help to understand the paper pattern, marking scheme, and topics to focus on. Thus, solve last year’s papers and set a time to complete the same.
- The syllabus for XIC OET is extremely vast, thus time management is a crucial key to ace the exam. Thus manage the time to complete the syllabus. Also, perform time management while finishing the test.
- Revise all the concepts learn for the test as revision helps to retain all the data well.
- Improve your writing skills, since writing is involved in the subjective section. To do so read new articles every day, practice writing, etc.
- Get different preparatory books for mass communication. These books helps to understand the concepts well, and practice paper. These books also test you through questions related to topics covered in the question paper.
XIC OET 2022 Exam Instructions
- Firstly, the XIC OET is a 90-minute online test carrying 150 marks. It consists of two sections, the subjective and the objective section.
- Secondly, the answers should be answered in formal and proper English, answers containing unnecessary abbreviations or SMS language will not be assessed.
- The password and login details for the exam will be emailed 10 minutes prior to the test. Please do check the SPAM/JUNK folder in case one does not receive the email in the Inbox.
- Finally, the aspirant will have to log in and start the test immediately on receiving the login information.
FAQs On XIC OET 2022 Exam Pattern
Xavier Institute of Communication (XIC) carries out a yearly online entrance test(OET) called XIC OET. The aspirant must qualify XIC OET to seek admission into mass communication courses.
The exam is carried out in online mode.
The objective section carries 100 marks, and the subjective section carries 50 marks. There is no negative marking in the exam.
The password and login details for the exam will be emailed 10 minutes prior to the test. The mail is sent on the email-id given during registration. Please do check the SPAM/JUNK folder in case one does not receive the email in the Inbox.
After the exam has been qualified, the qualified candidates are notified via email regarding the next interview process.
Subscribe for Mass Communication Updates