WBJEE 2022 – The form correction window for WBJEE 2022 has now been closed. The last date to submit the correction was January 20, 2022. Now, that the form correction facility is over, the admit card will be released. The West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) will conduct WBJEE 2022 on April 23, 2022. It is a state-level engineering entrance exam conducted for admission into UG engineering & technology programs of different government colleges and self-financed institutes of West Bengal.
WBJEE 2022 will be held in offline mode and comprises two papers in total – Mathematics and Physics – Chemistry. To apply for WBJEE 2022, the candidates must have completed their 10+2 or must be appearing in it. After the result is announced, the shortlisted candidates have to participate in the WBJEEB counseling. Candidates can refer to this page for various information regarding WBJEE 2022 such as exam pattern, syllabus, the application process, eligibility criteria, etc.
Latest – WBJEE 2022 Application Form Correction facility is now over. Soon WBJEEB will released the admit card. According to the official timetable, WBJEE 2022 admit card will release on April 18, 2022. Click here to check the details.
Latest – WBJEE Board has released new dates for WBJEE 2022. Check the notice from below.
Latest News on WBJEE 2022
January 10, 2022 – WBJEE 2022 application form last date. Application window closes after 6pm. Check official website to apply online.
December 22, 2021 – WBJEE 2022 Form Fill Up Date Announced; Check Official Website To Do Registration. Read More.
November 17, 2021 – WBJEE 2022 Exam Date Announced; Engineering, Pharmacy, Architecture Entrance Exam on 23 April. Read More.
November 13, 2021 – WBJEE 2022 Exam Date 2022 To Be Announced Soon at wbjeeb.nic.in; Check Notification Release Dates of Past 5 Years. Read More.
WBJEE 2022 Dates
Eligible national candidates can apply for the WBJEE of 2022. Admission will be given in the 2022-23 academic year through examination. The schedule for WBJEE 2022 is released now. You can refer to the below table.
|Online application starting date||24 Dec 2021|
|Last date of application|
|Form Correction Start date|
|Form correction end date|
|Release date of the admit card||18 Apr 2022|
|Exam date of WBJEE||23 Apr 2022
Paper – 1 (Mathematics): 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Paper – 2 (Physics & Chemistry): 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm
|Result declaration||To be announced|
|Counseling starts from||To be announced|
Overview of WBJEE 2022
Check the overview of WBJEE 2022 from the table given below.
|Exam Name||West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination|
|Level of exam||State Level|
|Exam conducted||Once a year|
|Type of questions||MCQ|
|Mode of exam||Pen-paper mode|
|Duration of the exam||2 Hour (each paper)|
WBJEE 2022 Admit Card
WBJEE admit card releases at wbjeeb.nic.in. Candidates need to login to their dashboard to access the link of the WBJEE Admit Card. Use the application number and date of birth to download the admit card. Each candidate must take a printed hard copy of the admit card to the examination center.
Candidates must bring a hard copy of their Admit Card at the examination center. Also keep a copy of a Color photograph, Any identity proof (original) like Aadhaar card / Pan card/ Voter card etc. (if needed).
WBJEE 2022 Syllabus
Candidates who wish to take the exam must be aware of the syllabus. Candidates can check the WBJEE syllabus below for all subject papers and they can also check the official website at – wbjeeb.nic.in.
- Permutation and Combination
- Complex numbers
- Polynomial Equation
- Permutation and Combination
- Principle of Mathematical Induction
- Binomial Theorem
- Sets, Relations and Mapping
- Statistics and Probability
- Coordinate Geometry of two and three Dimensions
- Physical World, Measurements, Units and Dimension
- Laws of Motion
- Motion of centre of mass, connected systems, Friction
- Bulk properties of matter
- Kinetic theory of gases
- Oscillations & Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic effect of Current
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Optics I (Ray Optics)
- Optics II (Wave Optics)
- Atomic Physics
- Particle nature of light & wave particle dualism
- Nuclear Physics
- Solid state Electronics
- Atoms, Atomic Structure, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic
- Radioactivity and Nuclear chemistry
- The periodic table and chemical families
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- Coordination Compounds
- Solid State
- Liquid State
- Gaseous State
- Chemical Energetics and Chemical Dynamics
- Physical Chemistry of Solutions
- Ionic and Redox Equilibria
- Chemistry of Non-Metallic Elements and Their Compounds
- Chemistry of Metals
- Chemistry in Industry
- Surface Chemistry
- Environmental Chemistry, Chemistry of Carbon Compounds
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Carboxylic Acids
- Aromatic Compounds
- Application of Oriented Chemistry
- Principle of Qualitative Analysis
Preparation Tips for WBJEE 2022
Check the WBJEE Preparation Tips below.
- Make a proper study plan. After checking the exam’s syllabus, make all the subjects and the important topics in different time sections when candidates are able to study those subjects very carefully and with concentration.
- Keep making notes from different sources or different books.
- Candidates can solve previous years question papers to gain their knowledge.
- Candidates have to be punctual and have a habit of time management.
- Every candidate should have proper knowledge of their syllabus and be familiar with all the subjects.
- In this examination, candidates should always aim to keep their marks above the minimum of 110 for better universities.
Books for WBJEE 2022 Preparation
Students who wish to apply for the WBJEE 2022 can follow the books given below. This will help them to prepare for this examination.
|WBJEE Engineering Solved Paper 2021||Click Here|
|WBJEE Chapterwise Explorer Physics and Chemistry||Click Here|
|WBJEE Chapterwise Explorer Mathematics||Click Here|
|NCERT Exemplar Problems-Solutions PHYSICS class 12th||Click Here|
|Rs Aggarwal Maths||Click Here|
WBJEE 2022 Exam Pattern
According to the previous year’s exam pattern, the expected exam pattern of this year is mentioned below. WBJEE examination is held in offline mode. Check all the details given below.
- Type of Paper: There are two papers on WBJEE. Paper 1 is Mathematics and paper 2 is Physics and Chemistry.
- Duration: WBJEE 2022 will be a 4 hour test. Each paper’s time is 2 hours.
- Type of Question: All questions of the examination will be multiple choice questions (MCQ) with four options of each question.
- Marking scheme:
|Category 1||Category 2||Category 3|
|Only one option is correct||Only one option is correct||In this category of questions, one or more options can be correct|
|1 mark is awarded for each correct answer||For each correct answer, 2 marks are awarded||2 marks are awarded for each correct answer|
|1/4 marks are deducted for each incorrect answer||1/2 marks are deducted for each incorrect answer||Combination of correct and wrong responses will be treated as incorrect and will lead to 0 marks|
|For any combination of response with more than one option, that answer will be treated as incorrect and 1/4 marks will be deducted||For any combination of response with more than one option, that answer will be treated as incorrect and 1/2 marks will be deducted||0 marks will be awarded for unattempted questions|
|0 marks for unattempted questions||Unattempted questions will lead to 0 marks||For partially correct answers, marks awarded will be = 2 x (No. of correct options marked / total no. of correct options)|
- Number of Questions: The test consists of multiple choice questions and each subject has 3 categories of questions.
|Subject||Category 1||Category 2||Category 3||No. of questions||Total marks|
WBJEE 2022 Answer Key
After conducting the test, WBJEEB releases the answer key on wbjeeb.nic.in. This answer key allows candidates to calculate their marks. Candidates can challenge the model answer key if they find any flaws in it.To download WBJEE 2022 answer key, candidates need to login with their application number and password i.e. Date of Birth.
The West Bengal board reviews all the challenges and then reveals the final answer key. Fee for challenging, Candidates will have to pay Rs.500 + bank charge per question. Fees are non-refundable. It can be disbursed using debit card / credit card / net banking.
WBJEE 2022 Result
The WBJEE 2022 results will be announced after the final answer key is released. Result will be released in the form of Rank Card of this examination, which will contain candidate name, roll number, all relevant rank, score of paper-I and paper- II etc.
Candidates need to visit the official website to check the results. To check the results, candidates have to enter their registration id and password. The results determine the eligibility status of the candidates. Thus, candidates who qualify for the exam will be capable of participating in the counseling round.
WBJEE 2022 Reservation Criteria
It will be announced soon before counseling by the Director of Technical Education, West Bengal and it will be published on wbjeeb.nic.in.
Reservation of seats
- The reservation seats are applicable for those candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD category.
- These reservations are limited to Indian citizens and candidates residing in West Bengal.
- Only candidates who are included in OCI (Overseas Citizen Of India) Citizenship are reserved for unspecified seats in the All India quota.
- In addition, PWD candidates are eligible for a 40% discount on the application fee.
- As per the rules of WBJEE 2021, a total of 13 seats are available for the defense personnel ward.
WBJEE 2022 Counselling
After the declaration of the result, the notification for WBJEE 2022 counselling will be published at wbjeeb.nic.in. According to the previous year, some documents shall be required for counselling.
WBJEE 2022 Tuition Fee Waiver scheme
Tuition Fee Waiver scheme is important for WBJEE aspirants. The West Bengal Government has implemented Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme (TFW) for meritorious and economically backward students. This scheme is available for those students who are domiciled in West Bengal and his/ her family income must be less than 2.50 lakhs. Tuition Fee Waiver is limited to tuition fees only. All other fees have to be paid by the students.
WBJEE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Check the eligibility criteria to apply for WBJEE 2022 from below.
- First the candidate has to be a resident of India / OCI. All OCI candidates shall be eligible for onlu Unreserved seats in All India Quota.
- The minimum age of the candidate should be 17 years age as on 31st December, 2022. However, the age limit for admission to degree level marine engineering courses should be more than 25 years.
- Students must have passed 10+2 or must be appearing in it in 2022. Also, candidates must get at least 45% marks in the 10+2 examination. However 40% marks are sufficient for SC / ST / OBC – A / OBC – B / PwD.
- Candidates should have passed 12th class in English subject with minimum of 30% marks.
Candidates have to be a domicile of West Bengal for Admission in:
- Any seat including General category seats in any Govt. aided Engineering / Technology / Pharmacy colleges in West Bengal.
- Any seats including General category seats in Aliah University.
- Any seats including General category seats in B.Tech (Dairy Technology) in West Bengal University of Animal & Fishery Sciences.
- All reserved seats and 90% of General seats in Jadavpur University.
- Any reserved category seats in any institute (SC / ST / OBC – A / OBC – B / PwD / TFW).
Education Qualification for Engineering Courses
- Applicants must have passed 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Applications / Technical Vocational subject as compulsory subjects.
- Applicants must have passed the above-given subjects individually in the regular class mode.
- Candidates must have taken at least 45% marks in the above 3 subjects taken together , 40% in case of SC / ST / OBC – A / OBC – B / PwD.
- Applicants must have passed in English in 12th class with minimum 30% marks.
Education Qualification for Pharmacy Courses
- The candidates must have passed 12th class examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics / Biology as compulsory subjects with individual passing marks in the regular class mode.
- Also, the applicants must have obtained minimum 45% marks in the above 3 subjects taken together , 40% in case of SC / ST / OBC – A / OBC – B / PwD.
- The applicants must have also passed English in 10+2 with at least 30% marks.
Education Qualification for Five-year degree Courses in Architecture
- Applicants must have passed 10+2 examination with minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and also 50% marks in aggregate to take admission in Architecture courses.
- Candidates must have also qualified NATA conducted by Council of Architecture, New Delhi or Paper 2 of JEE Mains for architecture course.
Education Qualification for Marine Engineering
- 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taken together with separate pass marks in each of the subjects mentioned.
- The applicants must have also passed English in 10+2 or 10th examination with at least 50% marks.
WBJEE 2022 Application Form
The WBJEE application form releases at wbjee.nic.in. If any candidate wants to register at WBJEE 2022, then they can apply via online mode only. Candidates have to provide valid mobile number and email id for filling up WBJEE 2022 application form. If someone applies multiple times, then the application may also be rejected.
The steps to apply for WBJEE 2022 are given below
- First, visit the official website of the application form mentioned earlier. Then click on “New Registration”.
- Then, candidates need to input their personal details for the application.
- Next, candidates have to make a password and choose a security question, answer and then submit the registration.
- Always keep that in mind, always upload the scanned photograph and also scanned signature.
- Then, candidates have to enter all of the information and choose any three zones for the examination.
- Next, recheck all the information and make payment of the application fee and submit the application form.
- When the payment is done, the confirmation page will be generated. Candidates can download the confirmation page for their future references.
WBJEE 2022 Application fee
This examination fee is not refundable. Candidates can check the amount given below which may change in future. Here we create a page based on the previous year.
|General||500/- + Bank charges|
|Others||400/- + Bank charges|
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board (WBJEEB) is a state government administrated authority. It is for overseeing admission into Engineering and Other degree colleges in West Bengal, India. It conducts West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination (WBJEE) yearly.
FAQs on WBJEE 2022
Ans: Yes, you can get a duplicate Rank Card.
Ans: No, you cannot.
Ans. The exam will be held in the offline mode.
Ans. WBJEE 2022 exam is going to be held on April 23, 2022.
Ans. In WBJEE 2022, there are total 2 papers namely; Mathematics and Physics & Chemistry.
Ans. In the test, the multiple-choice questions are asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Ans. The candidates must be 17 years of age as on 31 Dec 2022.