The UPSC Combined Defense Services (CDS 1) 2022 is scheduled to be conducted on April 10, 2022, The admit card for the examination is expected to be released three weeks prior to the exam date, tentatively by March 20-25, 2022. All details concerning the exam will be released on the official website – upsc.gov.in, This year, a total of 341 vacancies were announced under the CDS 1 exam across the three wings, ie, the Indian Army, the Indian Navy, and Indian Air Force. Apart from that recruitment will also be made in the Officer’s Training Academy at Chennai.
UPSC CDS Preparation Tips
As the date of the examination approaches, candidates are planning to kickstart the revision-based preparation. Here are some tips and tricks that will help aspirants, as it lists down the last 30-days preparation plan for CDS aspirants. These have been carefully curated with inputs from previous year toppers and educators, hence it is advised candidates follow them to guarantee merit in the UPSC CDS 2022 exam:
(i) Candidates are strictly advised not to learn new topics in the last week and focus on those they have been practicing since this tends to induce stress and confuses the candidates which can further impact their performance and fuel anxiety.
(ii) Questions from current affairs frame an important part of the exam. In spite of devoting the usual 2-3 years of the daily time period to newspaper reading, a rather sharp choice would be to go through the monthly and annual current affairs compilations released by top coaching institutes.
(iii) For technical subjects that require more content and static facts, toppers advise candidates to create diagrams, tables, and flow charts for an easier explanation of the concept. Not only does this save writing time for aspirants but also makes it easier for the examiner to evaluate and show a clear understanding of the topic.
(iv) Practice sample questions and mock question papers online regularly till the examination.
Subject Wise Tips
- Candidates are advised to practice comprehension-based questions, under a strict timer to test their reading and comprehending skills.
- Improving writing skills and aiming for clarity and fluency while practicing should be prioritised.
- Candidates must read through grammar rules, vocabulary, synonyms and antonyms regularly.
- Rather than focussing on technical and complex language, candidates should prioritize their answers to be legible and not fancy.
, General Knowledge
- Candidates must go through history, politics, geography and economic based concepts regularly.
- Candidates are advised to be aware of recently launched government schemes and bills passed along with past important dates relevant.
- Under political science, be well-versed with fundamental policies, important constituitional bodies and government bodies, along with their objectives and powers.
- Since it is a defense exam, revise important defense related dates, policies, recent developments and amendments.
– Elementary Mathematics
- Make a list of all important and relevant formulas and equations and revise them thoroughly in the remaining time.
- Revise data interpretation by practicing formulation of graphs, tables, etc.
- Practice sample questions, and mock test papers regularly, the more practice the candidates indulge in, the more well-versed they shall be.
Subscribe For Latest Updates