TS LAWCET 2022 – TS LAWCET is a state level entrance exam which stands for Telangana State law common entrance. It is held once in a year by Osmania University, Hyderabad on behalf of Telangana state council for higher education. TS LAWCET is a CBT ( computer based test) based law entrance exam which is held for the admission into 3 / 5 year LLB regular courses and 2 year LLM courses in the Law Colleges of Telangana state for the academic year 2022- 2023 . Students who have completed graduation or have cleared 12th exam are eligible for the exam.
TS LAWCET 2022
TS LAWCET provides admission to the 3 year and 5 year law programs and 2 year LL.M. program offered by the various law institutes in the state of Telangana. The official website of the conducting body, is – lawcet.tsche.ac.in
TS LAWCET 2022 Dates
Expected dates for TS LAWCET 2022 are as follows:
|Release of Official Notification||4th week of March, 2022|
|Release of Application Form||4th week of March, 2022|
|Last date for submission of Application Form||2nd week of June, 2022|
|Last date for submission of Application Form with INR 250 as late fees||2nd week of June, 2022|
|Last date for submission of Application Form with INR 500 as late fees||3rd week of June, 2022|
|Last date for submission of Application Form with INR 1000 as late fees||1st week of July, 2022|
|Last date for submission of Application Form with INR 2000 as late fees||2nd week of July, 2022|
|Editing the Application Form||2nd week of July, 2022 to 3rd week of July, 2022|
|Release of Admit Cards||2nd week of August, 2022|
|Date of Examination||4th week of August, 2022|
|Release of Provisional Answer Key||4th week of August, 2022|
|Last Date for Challenging the Provisional Answer Key||4th week of August, 2022|
|Declaration of Result||3rd week of September, 2022|
|Start of Counseling||4th week of September, 2022 to 1st week of October, 2022|
TS LAWCET 2022 Overview
|Exam Name||TS LAWCET|
|Full form of exam||Telangana State Law Common Entrance|
|Conducting body||Osmania university, Hyderabad|
|Exam level||state level|
|Category:||UG and PG|
|Courses Offered||3 / 5 year LLB and 2 year LLM|
|No of times exam is held||Once in a year|
|Duration of exam||90 minutes|
|No of questions asked||120|
|Sections in exam||Three( Part A – general knowledge Part B – current affairs Part C – aptitude)|
|Marks per question||1 mark for each question|
|Helpline number||040 27070028|
|Official email id.||[email protected]|
TS LAWCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Age limit-No age restrictions for candidates seeking TS Lawcet examination
- Nationality– Students with one or both of their parents studied or having domicile of Telangana are eligible.
- Educational Qualifications – General / OBC candidates must have 45% and SC / ST must have 40% marks in aggregate in the qualifying exam
TS LAWCET 2022 Application Form
Application form of TS LAWCET 2022 will be released in online mode on the official website of TS LAWCET – lawcet.tsche.in
TS LAWCET 2022 Application Fees
|TSLAWCET 2022 Category||TSLAWCET 2022 Registration fee|
|Open / OBC||₹800|
TS LAWCET Documents Required
- Original photo of identification proof like (adhar card, passport, etc)
- birth certificate
- SSC Or HSC of equivalent certificate
- Caste certificate
- Scanned copy of signature and photo
- Relevant proof for local status and non – local status.
TS LAWCET Image Specifications
- Scanned copy of signature not more than 30kb
- Scanned image of photograph not more than 50kb.
TS LAWCET 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam consists of three subjects- aptitude ( 50 percent of the marks), general knowledge (25 percent of the marks) and current affairs ( 25 percent of the marks).
- Exam mode- online
- Language- English and Telugu
- Duration – 90 mins
- Type of questions- multiple choice questions
- Total questions- 120
- Total marks- 120
- Marks per question- 1 mark
- Negative marking – No
- Marking scheme- 1 mark per question
- The standard that is the difficulty of the exam for the 5 year law course will be of intermediate level like that of boards (10+2 level)
- The standard for the 3 year law course will be of degree level.
- For each question four options will be provided and the student will have to choose the correct one after analyzing.
TS LAWCET 2022 Admit Card
- The examination authority will provide admit cards to those students who have completely filled the application form along with the payment.
- To download admit cards, one must visit the official site of TS LAWCET 2022 and then click on download hall ticket by logging in with login credentials.
- It carries important details about the candidates like roll number, name, exam centre, etc.
- One must carry an admit card hard copy, 2-3 candidate’s passport size photographs and a photocopy of identification like aadhar card.
TS LAWCET 2022 Cutoffs
The cutoffs to qualify TS LAWCET 2022 exam are as follows:
|Category:||Qualifying criteria for TS LAWCET||Qualifying criteria for exam|
|General / OBC||35% of aggregate marks(42 of 120)||45% marks in graduate degree for 3 year LLB course and 45% marks in 12th exam for 5 year LLB course.|
|SC / ST||No minimum marks||40% marks in graduate degree for 3year LLB course and 40% marks in 12th exam for 5 year LLB course.|
TS LAWCET 2022 Exam Centers
The exam would be conducted in the following cities:
|North Hyderabad ( Medchal, old Alwal, Gandimaisamma)|
|South East Hyderabad( L. B nagar, Hayathnagar, Karmanghat, Ramoji film city, Ibrahimpatnam)|
|East Hyderabad ( Ghatkesar, Keesara)|
|Hyderabad West( Moinabad, Rudraram, Gandipet, kukatpally, patancheru)|
|Central Hyderabad ( Mallapur, Secunderabad)|
|Andhra pradesh exam centers|
TS LAWCET 2022 Answer Key
TS LAWCET Answer Key would be released after the exam has been concluded.
- Official answer key will be released on the official site of TS LAWCET
- Two types of answer keys are released – The first is provisional onereleased for the students to check their marked choices with the answer key and raise objections if they have any.
- Second one is the final onereleased after considering the objections.
- Along with provisional answer keys candidate’s response sheet would also be released.
TS LAWCET 2022 Result
Students can view their score card with the help of details mentioned on admit card on the official website. Note that the result will be valid for the current academic year. No further changes in the results will be made after the final answer key is released.
TS LAWCET Tie- Breaking Criteria
While deciding the rank for the students having same marks, the following criteria is to be taken care of:
- Student scoring more in aptitude is given priority
- If they both got the same score in part c, part b (current affairs) will be taken into consideration.
- If both the above criteria is fulfilled, then the older the age, more will be the priority
TS LAWCET 2022 Counseling
- Candidates will have to pay the counseling fees and register for the counseling through the official website.
- The merit list is the list of the seats which will be allotted to the qualified students on the basis of score, rank, category, seats available, preference order, etc.
- Students should carry mentioned documents on the official website while physically appearing in the allotted law college for document verification.
TS LAWCET Books for Preparation
TS LAWCET books for scoring better are given below:
|Book name||Link for Buying|
|Pearson’s Legal Aptitude Workbook for CLAT and other law examinations – AP Bhardwaj||Click here|
|Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning for 2022 – AP Bhardwaj||Click here|
|Law Guide: for TS and AP LAWCET 3 and 5 years||Click here|
|Current Affairs Yearly 2022 – Arihant Experts||Click here|
|TS Law Common Entrance Test – Chandresh Agrawal||Click here|
|General Intelligence Test / Mental Ability – RPH Editorial Board||Click here|
TS LAWCET 2022 Participating Institutes
- University College of Law, Kakatiya University, Warangal
- University of law college, Osmania University, Hyderabad
- University College of Law, Telangana University, Warangal
- Adarsh Law College, Warangal
- Anantha law college, Hyderabad
- Aurora’s Legal Science Academy
- Bhaskar Law College, Ranga Reddy
- Dr. Ambedkar Law College, Hyderabad
- Justice Kumarayya College of Law, Karimnagar
- K. V. Ranga Reddy College of Law, Hyderabad
- Kims College of Law, Karimnagar
- Mahatma Law College, Hyderabad
- Manair Law College, Khamam
- Marwadi shiksha samithi Law College, Hyderabad
- Padala Rama Reddy Law College, Hyderabad
- Pendekanti Law College, Hyderabad
- Ponugoti madhava rao college, Hyderabad
- Sultan ul Uloom College, Hyderabad
- Vinayaka Law College, Medak
- OU PG college of Law, Hyderabad
TS LAWCET 2022 Placement
Placements vary with the college. Speaking about the conducting body (Osmania University) itself, it has 80 percent of its students placed in companies like TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Mahindra, Cognizant, etc. Highest salary package offered in the previous year was INR 32 LPA and lowest was INR 4 LPA.
FAQs for TS LAWCET 2022
Yes, they will be consider in non local quota
Yes, candidates would be given such opportunity during TS LAWWCET Form Correction
TS LAWCET 2022 Counseling is conducted in offline mode.
Official link : lawcet.tsche.ac.in