PGDBA 2022 – IIT Kharagpur has revised PGDBA exam date, the CBT exam will now be conducted on April 3, 2022. PGDBA Admit Card 2022 are expected to be released in first week of March 2022. This management entrance exam is conducted for admission into the PGDBA program jointly overseen by three prestigious institutions – the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta, the Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) Kolkata, IIT Kharagpur. Apart from the quality of the institutes involved, the program is appealing because it offers a path into the fast-growing field of data science and analysis.
The curriculum is meant to provide a comprehensive understanding of the field of business analytics and data science, as well as industry exposure through a 6-month internship. One of the reasons the program has expanded to its current size is due to the course design. The initial stage of the admission process for PGDBA 2022 is the PGDBA entrance exam. Following that, those who pass the cut-off will be invited to an interview before being accepted into the PGDBA program. More details about the PGDBA 2022 are given below.
Latest – IIT Kharagpur will conduct PGDBA CBT exam on 3 April, 2022 instead of 27 May 2022. Check PGDBA Exam Pattern 2022
Latest – PGDBA Admit Card would be released soon. CLICK HERE for more information
Latest – The last date for submitting PGDBA Application Form 2022 ended on February 21, 2022.
PGDBA 2022 Sample Paper – IIT Kharagpur has released the PGDBA 2022 sample papers. Click here to download the PDF.
PGDBA 2022 Important Dates
The important dates related to PGDBA 2022 are given below for the benefit of the aspirants :
|Opening date of online application||20 Jan 2022|
|Last date of submission of the online application|
|PGDBA 2022 Admission Test (Computer Based Test)|
|Personal interview for short-listed candidates||May 2022|
|Commencement of PGDBA 2022 Programme||1st week of July 2022|
Minimum Eligibility Criteria for PGDBA 2022
The candidates can refer to the following information for the minimum eligibility criteria for PGDBA 2022.
- Candidates in the open category for B.E./B.Tech should have received a minimum of 60 percent aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale. SC/ST/PWD candidates must have a minimum grade point average of 55 percent or equivalent.
- A minimum of 60% aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale is required for open category students who have completed MBBS/Integrated Masters/BDS and Bachelor of Architecture. SC/ST/PWD candidates must have a minimum grade point average of 55 percent or equivalent.
- Candidates in the open category who have completed their post-graduate (MBA/MMS/M. Com/M.Sc) after completing a 3-year graduation program must have a minimum of 60 percent aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale. SC/ST/PWD candidates must get a minimum GPA of 55 percent or above.
- A candidate can give one attempt for PGDBA in one go. The exam is held on an annual basis. If the candidate couldn’t clear the examination in one attempt, he can appear for it again next year.
- There is no age limit for the PGDBA examination.
- There are no requirements based on a candidate’s professional experience.
- Additionally, while filling out the PGDBA 2022 registration form, a candidate can include his total work experience (in years).
PGDBA 2022 Exam Pattern
The PGDBA test is divided into four sections and has a total of 50 questions. The paper will take 180 minutes, or 3 hours, to complete. There are no time limits for any of the sections. The following is the predicted PGDBA 2022 test pattern:
Exam mode – Computer-based test
Exam duration – 3 hours
No. of questions – There are 50 questions in total, each worth 150 points.
Type of questions – All of the questions are multiple-choice questions with four possible answers.
|Section||Total number of questions||Marking Scheme||Maximum marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude||25||+3 for correct attempts
-1 for incorrect attempts
|Data Interpretation and Data Visualization||5||+3 for correct attempts
-1 for incorrect attempts
|Logical Reasoning||5||+3 for correct attempts
-1 for incorrect attempts
|Verbal Ability||15||+3 for correct attempts
-1 for incorrect attempts
PGDBA 2022 Syllabus
PGDBA 2022 is identical to other management admission exams such as CAT, XAT, NMAT, and others, with one important exception: Higher mathematics is included in the quantitative skills portion. The PGDBA test is divided into four sections, each of which contains the majority of the questions. Here’s a rundown of the PGDBA 2022 syllabus’s necessary topics that a student must master in order to pass the exam :
|Verbal Ability||Quantitative Skills||Logical Reasoning||Data Interpretation and Visualization|
|1. Reading Comprehension
3. Sentence Correction
4. Number Systems
5. Simple Interest/Compound Interest
6. Profit and loss
8. Permutations and Combinations
9. Euclidean Geometry
10. Matrices and Determinants
12. Speed Maths
|1. Blood Relations
2. Coding-Decoding Directions
3. Clocks and Calendars
4. Seating Arrangement 5. Statements and Conclusions
6. Matching Sequences
|1. Line/Bar Graphs
2. Venn Diagrams
3. Line/Bar Charts
4. Data-Driven questions
PGDBA 2022 Application Form
The PGDBA 2022 registration window is expected to open in the 2nd week of January 2022. With the PGDBA Notification 2022, the specific dates will be released. Candidates must provide the following essential information while registering for the PGDBA 2022 exam :
- Date of birth,
- Email ID,
- Phone Number.
The following are the other important details that candidates must fill out on the application form :
- Personal information :
- Father’s Name,
- Mother’s Name,
- Address, and
- Exam and Interview City Preference
- Details about Class 10, Class 12, and the undergraduate programme are available.
- Experience at Work :
- Details about the job title,
- job description, and
- work experience start and end dates
- Additional information :
- Extracurricular Activities and Hobbies
- Upload a photo, a signature, and a document to your account.
- The application fee must be paid in this phase, which can be done online via debit card, credit card or internet banking.
|Category||Application Form Fee|
Program Fees for PGDBA 2022
The course fee for PGDBA 2022 is Rs 24 lakhs for the two-year program. At the time of registration for each semester, the fee must be paid in four equal installments. Late payments will result in fines according to every Institute’s policy. Tuition, on-campus housing, books, study materials, examination materials, and laboratory expenditures will all be covered by the fees. The program price does not include caution money, eating expenses, or other travel fees that students may incur in Semester 4 when visiting an industrial site. For meritorious candidates, there is a generous provision for merit-cum-means scholarships. Banks acknowledge the PGDBA program for educational loan purposes.
PGDBA 2022 Exam Centres
The cities of the exam center are listed and shown below :
PGDBA 2022 Course List
The candidates who enroll in the PGDBA course have to note that there are 4 semesters in all. Each of the semesters is offered individually by IIM Calcutta, IIT Kharagpur, and ISI Kolkata.
The courses offered in Semester I at ISI Kolkata are given below :
- Stochastic Processes and Applications
- Statistical Structures in Data
- Computing for Data Sciences
- Fundamentals of Database Systems
The courses offered in Semester II at IIT Kharagpur are given below :
- Data Science Laboratory
- Regression and time series models
- Foundations of Algorithm Design and Machine Learning
- Modeling in Operations Management
- Elective I
- Elective II
- Elective III
Semester II: Elective I offers any one of the courses from the following :
- Enabling technologies for data analytics
- Information retrieval
- Cloud computing
- Complex network
- Randomized Algorithm Design
Semester II: Elective II and III offer any one-two of the courses from the following :
- Optimization and Business Decision Analysis
- Venture Analytics
- Product Analytics
- Business Accounting and Banking Analytics
- Basics of Marketing Analytics
- Business Model Analytics
- Healthcare Analytics
- Supply Chain Analytics
- Conversational Analysis
- Ethical and Legal considerations in Business Analytics
The courses offered in Semester III at IIM Calcutta are given below :
- Categorical Data Analysis
- Business Data Mining
- Business Economics
- Project Management
- Strategic Management
- Human Resource Management
- Elective IV
- Elective V
- Elective VI
- Elective VII
The electives for Semester III are as follows :
- Selected Aspects of Advanced Predictive Modeling
- Econometric Methods with Applications in Business and Economics
- Financial Risk Management
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Computational Finance
- High Frequency Finance and News Analytics
- Pricing and Revenue Optimization
- Analytics in Payments
In semester IV students have to do industry projects/internships.
PGDBA 2022 Result
After the exam has been successfully completed, the test result is announced. Candidates can verify their results at isical.ac.in on a regular basis. The PGDBA 2022 result will be available as a pdf file. To view the results, candidates do not require any login credentials. Candidates who are shortlisted must complete the PI application form and attend the PI rounds, which will be communicated to them via their registered email addresses.
PGDBA 2022 Cutoff for PI
To qualify for the PI rounds, candidates must get a minimum score. According to data from the previous year, the cutoff marks for qualifying for the PI rounds are as follows :
|Category||Cutoff marks for PI in 2019||Cutoff marks for PI in 2018|
|Nc – OBC||94||82|
|Sc / ST / PWD||70||61|
Criteria for Final Selection to PGDBA 2022
A candidate’s final score for selection is calculated on the basis of the table below, which indicates the criteria and their weights to be used for the final selection to PGDBA 2022 :
|PGDBA-2022 entrance exam score||45|
|Personal interview (PI)||40|
|Points for Class XII marks (Details shown in Table 2)||08|
|Work experience (Details shown in Table 3)||07|
The following is the procedure for allocating points for Class XII percentage based on aggregate marks:
|Class XII Marks (y in %)||Points|
|y > 95||8|
|90 < y <= 95||7|
|85 < y <= 90||6|
|80 < y <= 85||5|
|75 < y <= 80||4|
|70 < y < =75||3|
|65 <= y < = 70||2|
|60 <= y < = 65||1|
|y < 60||0|
The following is the procedure for allocating points for work experience in completed months:
|x > 60||1|
|48 < x <= 60||3|
|36 < x <= 48||6|
|24 < x <= 36||7|
|12 < x <= 24||5|
|1 < x <= 12||3|
PGDBA 2022 Sample Papers
IIT Kharagpur, ISI Kolkata, IIM Calcutta releases the sample papers to the PGDBA written exam for the aspirants so that they can find the relevant topics and understand how questions are asked from those topics. Candidates can get sample papers from the link given above.
Recommended Books for PGDBA 2022
Here are some of the important books given for each section mostly recommended by toppers and experts, you can refer to it –
Books for Quantitative Aptitude –
|Books Name||Buying Link|
|How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Arun Sharma||Click Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT by Nishit K.Sinha||Click Here|
|Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal||Click Here|
Books for Analytical Reasoning –
|Books Name||Buying Link|
|How to Crack Test Of Reasoning- Arihant||Click Here|
|How to Prepare for Logical Reasoning for the CAT by Arun Sharma||Click Here|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by RS Aggarwal||Click Here|
Books for Verbal Ability –
|Books Name||Buying Link|
|Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis||Click Here|
|High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren & Martin||Click Here|
|English is Easy by Chetananand Singh||Click Here|
Preparation Tips for PGDBA 2022
Candidates can refer to the following tips for preparing for the PGDBA 2022 entrance exam.
- For Quantitative Ability :
- When it comes to studying for the PGDBA 2022 Exam, matrices, Euclidean geometry, and calculus will be very important.
- There is no need to go overboard with the topics because the questions are straightforward.
- At the time of the exam, keep the approach easy-moderate-difficult.
- Improve your calculating skills and speed.
- Ensure that your progress is tracked on a regular basis (every two weeks) so that any changes to your PGDBA 2022 preparation plan may be addressed quickly.
- Take practise tests on a regular basis.
- For Verbal Ability :
- Practice Grammar
- Reading Comprehension
- Understand the issue of the passage. Scope – what element of the topic does the passage concentrate on? Purpose – why did the author write the section?
- Don’t lose sight of what you’re doing.
- Bring in your own suggestions.
- For Data Interpretation and Data Visualization :
- It is the paper’s second portion.
- There will be no distinct cut-offs for DV and DI in this area.
- Each set should have 3 to 4 questions.
- This phase should take 1 hour every day, and you should complete 2 sets of DI and DV.
- For Logical Reasoning :
- Draw grids and tables to help you visualise the question based on the conditions you’ve been provided.
- To eliminate all of the incorrect options, use the POE (Process of Elimination) technique.
- Refer to the study of previous year’s LR questions.
- Carefully read the entire problem.
- Please take your time.
- Any missing piece of information will make finding the solution difficult.
- Every day, practise at least ten questions.
- Considering the paper’s simplicity, a little planning doesn’t hurt and can go a long way.
Top Recruiters for PGDBA 2022 Placements
- EA Sports
- JP Morgan Chase
- Societe Generale
- American Express
- Axis Bank
About IIT Kharagpur, IIM Calcutta, ISI, Kolkata
Kharagpur Institute of Technology- The Indian government established the institute in 1951. With 18 academic departments, 5 centers of excellence, and 550 faculty members, the institute is one of the best in education. The institute is developing a new engineering educational standard.
Calcutta’s Indian Institute of Management (IIM)– The Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM Calcutta) was founded in November 1961. In terms of education, the institute has matured. The institute offers post-graduate management studies and research. The institute’s major goal is to achieve excellence, hire the best faculty, and strengthen commercial ties.
The Indian Statistical Institute (ISI)– The Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) was established on December 17, 1931. The institute focuses on statistics, natural sciences, and social sciences research, teaching, and application. The institute’s headquarters are located on Kolkata’s northern outskirts. There are further four centers in Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, and Tezpur.
Address – Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur 721302
Email: [email protected]
FAQs on PGDBA 2022
Ans: Students must have a minimum of 60% in their graduate or postgraduate degree (B.Tech, B.E, M.Sc., M.Com or equivalent degree)
Ans: There is a cost of Rs. 2500 for the application form. The cost is Rs. 1250 for SC/ST/PWD/DA candidates only.
Ans: The exam’s questions can be answered in three hours.
Ans: Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi, and Bengaluru are the cities where a personal interview can be held.
Ans: The payment methods are credit card, debit card, and net banking.