NIMCET Syllabus 2022 – From this page, the candidates can check NIMCET 2022 syllabus. NIT MCA Common Entrance Test is a national-level test that is held to offer admission into MCA course in the participating NITs. It is an online exam. The candidates who are appearing for the exam must be aware of the syllabus as it specifies the subjects and topics from which questions will be asked in the exam. NIMCET 2022 is an objective-type exam. It comprises multiple-choice questions from Mathematics, Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, and General English. Check the detailed NIMCET syllabus 2022 here.
Recommended: NIMCET Exam Date 2022
NIMCET Syllabus 2022
The syllabus for NIMCET releases along with the information brochure of the exam. Right now, the brochure for the year 2022 has not been released. Hence, the subject-wise topics given below are according to the last year’s details. As soon as the new syllabus is available, we will update it here.
- Concept of sets – Union, Intersection, Cardinality, Elementary counting
- Permutations and combinations
Probability and Statistics
- Basic concepts of probability theory
- Dependent and independent events
- Frequency distributions
- Measures of central tendencies, and dispersions
- Fundamental operations in algebra
- Simultaneous linear /quadratic equations
- Geometric and harmonic progressions
- Determinants and matrices
- Rectangular Cartesian coordinates
- Distance formulas
- Equation of a line and intersection of lines
- Pair of straight lines
- Equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola
- Limit of functions
- Continuous function
- Differentiation of function
- Tangents, and normals
- Simple examples of maxima and minima
- Integration of functions by parts, by substitution, and by partial fraction
- Definite integrals
- Applications of definite integrals to areas
- Position vector
- Addition, and subtraction of vectors
- Scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics
- Simple identities
- Trigonometric equations
- Properties of triangles
- Solution of triangles
- Heights and distances
- General solutions of trigonometric equations
Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
The section will cover the logical situation and the question will be based on the facts presented in the passages.
- Organization of a computer
- Central Processing Unit (CPU)
- Structure of instructions in CPU
- Input/output devices
- computer memory
- back-up devices
- Representation of characters, integers, and fractions
- Binary and hexadecimal representations
- Binary arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic, and two’s complement arithmetic
- Floating-point representation of numbers
- Boolean algebra
- Truth tables
- Venn diagrams
This section is to check the candidate’s General knowledge of English. Hence, the questions will be based on:
- Basic English Grammar (like usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions, and articles)
- Word power, synonyms, and antonyms
- Meaning of words and phrases
- technical writing
NIMCET 2022 Exam Pattern
Check the NIMCET exam pattern 2022 given as follows:
- The questions are multiple-choice with four alternatives.
- There would be no questions provided in any other language than English.
- The entrance test is of 120 questions.
- Each correct answer gives 4 marks and each wrong answer leads to a deduction of 1 mark.
- Negative marking will also be done for those questions where more than one answer has been indicated to a question.
- The test is mainly of four sections: Mathematics, Analytical ability and logical reasoning, Computer awareness, and General English
|Sections||No. of questions|
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||40|
Recommended Books for NIMCET 2022 Preparation
Check the books given below to prepare for NIMCET 2022.
How to Prepare for NIMCET 2022?
To score well in NIMCET 2022the candidates can follow the preparation strategy given below.
- Understand the Syllabus well: Read the syllabus a number of times to know what topics are asked in the exam. Mark the sections you haven’t studied before and focus on them.
- Refer previous year exam papers: Referring previous year papers helps in understanding what questions are asked more in the exam. You can understand the important topics too by having a look at the previous years exam papers. Thereby, it is important to solve the previous year question papers.
- Understand the pattern: Understanding the exam pattern is quite important because different sections have different weightage. This becomes important when a person has to make a time-table. Skip weaker portions with respect to weightage and make those section stronger that have more weightage.
- Refer good textbooks: A lot of reference materials are available online and a lot of textbooks can be bought. However, the catch is that, select those books that have concepts clearly stated in them.
- Attempt mock tests: Attempting mock tests helps in time management that is needed at the time of exam. Hence, before the exam, attempt mock tests regularly.
FAQs on NIMCET Syllabus 2022
Ans. There are 4 sections Mathematics, Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning, General English, and computer awareness.
Ans. To complete the syllabus on time, you need to start your preparation 6 months to 1 year before the exam. Make a time-table for each section and follow that.
Ans. You can check NIMCET syllabus 2022 from nimcet.in.
Ans. In order to prepare for NIMCET 2022, understand the syllabus and exam pattern properly. Solve mock tests and previous year question papers. Also, keep on revising the topics regularly.