NIMCET 2022 – This year, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Jamshedpur is the coordinating body of NIMCET 2022. As per the notification, the details and schedule for NIMCET 2022 had to be released by the last week of February 2022 on nimcet.in. However, they are not out yet. As soon as the details are out, they will be updated here. NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) will be conducted for admission into MCA program offered at 11 NITs of the country. It is national-level test. The exam is held in the online mode. Indian Nationals who have done Graduation with at least 60% aggregate marks can apply for this computer entrance exam. Check more details about NIMCET 2022 from this page such as exam pattern, syllabus, eligibility criteria etc.
Latest – NIT Jamshedpur is the coordinating body of NIMCET 2022. The details and schedule for NIMCET 2022 have to be released by the last week of February 2022 at nimcet.in. But, they have not been released yet. As soon as the details are out, they will be updated here.
NIMCET-NIT MCA CET 2022 Overview
Check the overview of NIMCET-NIT MCA CET 2022 given below:
|Examination Name||NIMCET 2022|
|Full Form||National Institute of Technology Master of Computer Applications Common Entrance Test|
|Exam conducted by||National Institute of Technology|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Courses offered||MCA programme|
|Exam held for admission into||Various NITs such as Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal|
|Application mode||Online mode|
|No of sections in the exam||Four sections|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
NIMCET-NIT MCA CET 2022 Important Dates
Candidates can check the below mentioned table for complete tentative exam dates for NIMCET-NIT MCA CET 2022 Examination:
|Release of Notification||1st week of Mar 2022|
|Online Application Release Date||2nd week of Mar 2022|
|Last Date to fill Online Application Form||1st week of Apr 2022|
|Admit Card||3rd week of May 2022|
|Exam date||4th week of May 2022|
|Answer Key Release Date||to be announced|
|Counselling Process||to be announced|
NIMCET 2022 Syllabus
Following is the complete subject-wise syllabus for NIMCET 2022. Candidates can check the table mentioned below:
- Set Theory
- Coordinate Geometry
- Probability and Statistics
Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
This section of the question paper will consist of logical situations and questions given in the passages.
- Computer Basics
- Data Representation
This section of the question paper will test the candidate’s knowledge and understanding in English language. The questions in this section will be asked from the below-given topics:
- Word Power
- Technical writing
- Basic English Grammar
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Meanings of words and phrases
NIMCET 2022 Exam Pattern
Following are the complete Exam Pattern for NIMCET 2022:
- Mode of Examination: Examination will be conducted only through Online Mode.
- Types of Questions: Question paper will consist of Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Sections in the Question paper: There will be 4 sections in the question paper.
- Medium: Medium of examination will be English Language.
- Duration: The maximum time allotted for solving the question paper is 2 hours.
- Total Questions: There will be total 120 questions.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be allotted for every correct answer and -1 will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
Distribution of questions
|Analytic Ability and Logical Reasoning||40|
NIMCET 2022 Preparation Tips
Check out preparation tips for NIMCET 2022 mentioned below:
- Candidates must check the complete syllabus and exam pattern before starting the preparation for NIMCET 2022 examination.
- Make proper schedule and divide equal time to prepare for each section. Do not neglect any section as all the sections are equally important to secure a good score in NIMCET 2022.
- Solve previous years question paper and mock tests available online. Try to give as much as mock tests possible. This will boost your confidence level.
- Do not mark any answer based on guesses. As there is negative marking scheme therefore, it is best to answer only those questions for which you are confident enough. Better leave the question un-attempted, if not sure about the answer.
- You must revise till the day of examination. Go through everything very carefully as this will help you in memorizing the important concepts and topics.
- Understand the concept and make sure to learn all the basic formulae which will be helpful while solving the question paper. During the examination, apply only those formulae in which you are confident enough.
- First answer the section which you find easy. Slowly move to the tough section, this will save the time and you can focus on the sections that are difficult.
- Make proper notes and revise them. Avoid any kinds of distraction and keep your focus only on your study.
- Get adequate amount of sleep and eat healthy. Make sure you eat healthy and stay healthy during the exam.
NIMCET 2022 Important Books
Candidates can refer to the books mentioned below for the preparation of NIMCET 2022:
|Objective General English by S.P Bakshi||Click here|
|Objective Computer Awareness by Arihant Experts||Click here|
|Computer, Marketing Aptitude and General
Awareness with Banking for SBI Bank Clerk and PO exams by Disha Experts
|Mathematics for Class 12 by R D Sharma (Set of 2 Volume) by R D Sharma||Click here|
|A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R S Aggarwal||Click here|
|Handbook for Mathematics by Arihant Experts||Click here|
NIMCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the below Eligibility Criteria for NIMCET 2022 set by the official authority to get a rough idea.
- Candidates who are Indian nationals are eligible to apply for the entrance exam and get admission.
- The candidate must have completed graduation – B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons) / BCA / BIT / B.Voc (Computer Science / Computer Applications) / BBA (Computer Applications) of minimum 3 year full time programme from a recognized institution with Mathematics / Statistics as one of the subjects.
- The candidates must have done B.E / B.Tech from a recognized univerity.
- It is mandatory for the General candidates to secure a minimum aggregate mark of 60% in the qualifying exam or 6.5 CGPA on a 10 point scale and SC/ST/PwD candidates must have scored 55% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply for the entrance exam.
NIMCET 2022 Application Form
Candidates can check the below section to get the complete details regarding the process of filling NIMCET 2022 Application Form:
- The applicants will have to go to the official website, i.e. nimcet.in in order to fill the application form.
- The NIMCET 2022 Application Form will only be available through online mode. There is no other option other than online mode to fill the application form.
- In the Application Form, candidates are instructed to register themselves with unique and correct email ID and phone number.
- The candidates will have to use their login credentials in order to login to the official website and download the NIMCET 2022 application form.
- Applicants can then start filling the NIMCET 2022 Application Form.
- During the form filling, the candidates will have to provide all personal details such as educational academics, residential and contact related details.
- Candidates have to upload necessary documents and images.
- Applicants are advised to recheck all the details mentioned in the NIMCET 2022 Application Form.
- Any false information mentioned in the NIMCET 2022 Application Form will lead to rejection of the application.
- Incomplete NIMCET 2022 Application Form will not be considered by the official authority. Thus, it will be rejected.
- The applicants need to pay the application fee before submitting the fully filled NIMCET 2022 Application Form. Without the payment the application form will be considered incomplete.
NIMCET 2022 Application Fee
Candidates can check the below table to get the details regarding NIMCET 2022 Application Fee:
|Open / OPEN EWS / OBC||₹2500|
- The official authority will accept the NIMCET 2022 Application Fee only in online mode through debit/credit or net banking.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to pay the Application Fee for successful submission of NIMCET 2022 Application Form.
NIMCET 2022 Seat Matrix
Candidates can check previous year’s seat matrix to get a rough idea.
NIMCET 2022 Admit Card
Candidates need to download the NIMCET 2022 admit card from the official website of the university. The official authority of the university will not provide the admit card to applicants by post or email or any other means. Candidates can take extra copies of the downloaded NIMCET admit card 2022. The applicants will have to use their login credentials in order to download the admit card.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the admit card along with valid ID proof at the time of examination.
- No candidates will be allowed to participate in the entrance test without NIMCET 2022 Admit Card and other documents. .
- Candidates must carefully handle and securely preserve their admit cards for the entire process of NIMCET 2022 and also for future reference.
- Candidate’s request for duplicate admit card will not be entertained after the examination.
NIMCET 2022 Test Day Instructions
Candidates are instructed to follow the below mentioned test day instruction
- Candidates much reach the examination centre on time on the allotted time on the exam day.
- Candidates must carry their admit cards. Without admit cards no candidates will be allowed to participate in the examination.
- Candidates must follow all the instructions given at the test centre as it is an online examination. Follow the instructions on the screen for marking the correct answer in NIMCET 2022 Examination
- Candidates must not carry calculators, mobile phones or any other electronic gadgets at the examination hall.
- Candidates are instructed to do all the rough work on the Test Booklet itself. The authority will not provide any extra sheet for rough work.
NIMCET 2022 Answer Key
Candidates will get details regarding the NIMCET 2022 Answer Key in this section. The official authority will publish the Answer Key of the entrance test. The answer key will be released soon after the completion of the entrance examination.
The official authority of the university will release the NIMCET 2022 answer key in Online mode. The official website is nimcet.in. Candidates can check the Answer Key and have a rough idea about the score they will obtain in the entrance test.
Candidates are given a chance to raise objections on the questions asked in NIMCET 2022 examination. The official authority will publish a notice on the objections that are resolved and also on the objections that are not.
NIMCET 2022 Results
The official authority will release the NIMCET 2022 Results only in online mode at nimcet.in.
Candidates must note that the official authority is not responsible to send the hard copy of the NIMCET 2022 Results to the qualified applicants by post, email or any other means. Only those candidates who qualifies the exam can take part in the counselling.
NIMCET 2022 Counselling Process
Only the candidates who have been qualified in the NIMCET 2022 entrance exam will be called for the counselling procedure. In the NIMCET 2022 Counselling Session candidates will have to fill the choices of courses and college according to their preference to get admission in MCA course.
Applicants will have to provide necessary documents and attested copies for the final verification process. Then the official authorities will allot seats to the deserving candidates based on the basis of the choices filled by the candidates in the order NIMCET rank. The qualified candidates are instructed to report to the allotted institutions for the further admission procedure.
There are three stages in the NIMCET 2022 Counselling process. The three stages are listed below:
- Online Choice Filling
- Seat Allotment
- Reporting and documents verification
NIMCET 2022 Online Choice Filling
In the choice filling, candidates need to select the course and the college in which they are interested to take admission. After the declaration of NIMCET 2022 Result, rank holders will receive an email in which a new username and password will be provided. A link will be provided through which candidates needs to fill their required choices.
Candidates will have the access to change the choices until it is locked. After the due deadline, the entered choices will be considered as final and will be locked.
After the NIMCET 2022 Choice Filling, NITs will release the seat allotment result in the candidate’s login. Seat allocation is done on the basis of NIMCET rank and choices filled by the candidates. There will be a total of 3 seat allotment rounds.
NIMCET 2022 Document Verification and Reporting
Below are the following documents required for NIMCET 2022 Document Verification
- NIMCET seat allotment letter
- NIMCET 2022 Hall Ticket
- Qualifying Examination Marksheet
- Rank Card of NIMCET 2022
- Income Certificate
- QE certificates
- 10th and 12th mark sheet
- Date of Birth Proof
- 4 passport sized photograph
- Caste certificates
- Payment receipt
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on NIMCET 2022
Ans. NIMCET stands for NIT MCA Common Entrance Test.
Ans. Yes, it is a national-level test.
Ans. Those who have completed Graduation can apply for NIMCET 2022.
Ans. No, the application form has to be filled and submitted via online mode only.
Ans. NIMCET is an online examination.
Ans. Yes, 01 mark for each incorrect answer will be deducted.
Ans. In the test, the questions are asked from Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, General English.