NIIFT Mohali Admission 2022-2023: NIFT 2022-2023 Application form has been released in online mode on the official website. Candidates can fill the application form till 23 May 2022. Northern India Institute of Fashion Technology (NIIFT), Mohali has also released all the exam dates as well the guidelines for the admission. NIIFT is an entrance exam for admission into various undergraduate programs. PG admissions will be granted based on merit of the qualifying exam. The candidates applying for UG courses have to appear for a written test, situation test and an interview. There is no entrance test or interview for M.Des aspirants. Get more information about NIIFT Mohali Admission 2022 from this page.
Latest: NIIFT Mohali has released the NIIFT 2022 application form and exam dates for admission in the academic session 2022-2023.
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2022-2023
|Start of online application||1 Feb 2022|
|Last date to submit printed application form and
demand draft at AIMA, New Delhi
|23 May 2022|
|Exam Date||first week of June 2022|
|Result||mid week of June 2022|
|3 Counseling for UG Courses||End of June 2022|
|3 Counseling for PG Courses||End of June 2022|
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria prescribed by NIIFT before applying. There are different criteria for various undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by NIIFT. Check the same below.
For UG programs (B.Sc Fashion Design, B.Sc Fashion Design (KNITS), B.Sc Textile Design)any one of the following is required.
- To be eligible, the candidate must have passed class 12th from a recognized state/central board OR
- The candidate must have passed General Certificate Education Exam (GCE) at Advanced level OR
- Candidates who passed any other university/ board/ public school examination (equivalent to class 12) in India/ foreign countries recognized by AIU (Association of Indian Universities) are also eligible OR
- The candidate must have passed Senior Secondary School Exam which is conducted by National Open School OR
- Candidates with 3 or 4-years AICTE/ state board recognized diploma are also eligible to apply.
For PG programs (M.Sc GMT and M.Sc FMM)candidates must have either of the following mentioned degrees.
- B.Tech/ B.Sc/ BE OR
- B.Com/ BA/ BBA/ BCA with one of the following subjects: Statistics/ Economics/ Marketing/ Management/ Maths/ Accounts/ Textiles/ Fashion/ Home Science/ Computers/ any other relevant diploma
For M.Des Fashion and Textiles, the candidates must have a bachelor degree in Textile Design/ Fashion Design/ Knitwear Design/ Clothing and Textiles/ Home Science/ Apparels and Furnishing/ any other relevant course
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2022 Application Form
The willing candidates, who possess the prescribed eligibility, can fill the application form for NIIFT Mohali Admission 2020 from the official website of NIIFT, niiftindia.com. The schedule for applications can be checked from the schedule table provided above. Check the application procedure in brief here.
How to apply?
- Create Login: First and foremost, all the candidates have to create a login by providing the following details: name, DOB, email id, mobile number and choice of program.
- Login: Provide email id and date of birth to login after successfully completing the previous step. After successful login, candidates can proceed to fill NIIFT Mohali Admission 2022 application form,
- Fill Application Form: Provide the necessary details in the application form as accurately as possible.
- Upload images: Next, the candidates need to upload scanned copies of their photo and signature as per the prescribed specifications.
- Make Payment: Pay the application fee amount using an online/ offline means.
- Send Application form to AIMA, Delhi: Finally, print-out the filled-in application form and send it along with all the required documents and DD (if paying offline) to the office of AIMA, Delhi before the last date.
Application Fee: The applicants can pay the application fee in either offline or online mode. For offline payment, one has to send a demand draft, made in favor of “NIIFT Mohali”, to the AIMA address. To pay the fee in online mode, the candidates can use a credit/ debit card. Check the application fee below.
|Course||Fee for General||Fee for SC/ST/PHC|
|All UG courses, M.Sc GMT and
|Rs 1750||Rs 440|
|M.Des||Rs 550||Rs 200|
Image Specifications: Scanned copies of candidate’s passport-size color photograph and signature are required to be uploaded in the application form. Check the common image specifications for both of these below.
|File size||5-50 kb|
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2022 Exam Pattern
The tables provided below list the examination pattern for both UG & PG exams (as per last year,,
Structure of Written Test
- The test is of three hours duration.
- There is NO Negative Marking.
UG Program [B.Sc.(FD), B.Sc.(FDK) and B.Sc.(TD)]
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
|TOTAL||100 plus 1||125|
PG Program [M.Sc.(GMT) and M.Sc.(FMM)]
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks|
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2022 Seats
Check the seat matrix below for all the programs offered by NIIFT.
Under Graduate Degree Program
|B.Sc. Fashion Design||150 (60 at Mohali + 60 at Ludhiana + 60 at jalandhar)|
|B.Sc. Fashion Design-Knits||30 (Ludhiana only)|
|B.Sc. Textile Design||60 (Mohali only)|
Post Graduate Degree Program: These are offered at the Mohali campus only.
|M.Sc. Garment Manufacturing Technology||30|
|M.Sc. Fashion Marketing & Management||30|
|M.Des Fashion and Textiles||30|
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2022 Reservations
The reservation of seats for NIIFT Mohali Admission 2022 are provided on the basis of candidates’ state and category.
Reservation based on Domicile State
- Punjab Domicile Holders – 85% seats
- All India Quota – 15% seats
Category-wise Reservations under 85% Punjab Quota
|Freedom fighters’ children/ grand-children||1%|
|Children/widows of killed/disabled defense personnel,
gallantry awardees’ wards, children of ex-servicemen/
serving defense personnel
|Children/widows of killed/disabled Punjab Police, Para-military
forces personnel, PAP and Punjab Home Guards, children of
serving paramilitary forces personnel
|1984 riots-affected and displaced persons, children of 100% physically
disabled/killed Army deserters, children of the families of those persons
killed due to terrorist violence, children of innocent civilians disabled 100%
due to terrorist violence
Category-wise Reservations under 15% All India Quota
- General category – 70%
- SC/ST – 25%
- BC – 5%
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2022 Admit Card
The details regarding the NIIFT Mohali Admit Card are given below.
- The candidates, who submit the application form and pay the application fee within due time, can download the NIIFT Mohali Admission 2022 admit card,
- The admit card for the entrance exam is published by NIIFT on its official website.
- The schedule for release of admit card can be checked from the schedule table on this page.
- After downloading the admit card, candidates have to take a print-out of the admit card and carry it to the exam venue on the exam day.
- Also, the candidates shortlisted using written exam scores can download interview call letters from NIIFT website, niiftindia.com.
- The admit cards for written exam are not sent by post or email to any candidate. One can download the admit card online only.
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2022 Selection Procedure
The selection of candidates is done through multiple stages/levels. Each of these stages holds a fixed weightage while preparing the final merit list. Only those candidates who qualify the previous stage are eligible to appear for the next stage of selection process. Check the selection procedure for all the programs below.
- Undergraduate programs – Entrance Test + Situation Test + Interview
- M.Sc GMT and M.Sc FMM – Graduation scores
- M.Des Fashion and Textiles – Graduation scores
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2022 Result
The details regarding the NIIFT Result 2022 are given below.
- The final result for all courses (except M.Des) is prepared on the basis of all the stages of the selection process, namely written test, situation test and interview.
- The final result is published in the form of a merit list. Punjab domicile holders from rural areas (passed 11th and 12th from rural schools or studied for a minimum of 3 years in a rural school) are given an additional weightage of 5% in the merit list.
- The candidates can check the merit list from NIIFT website after result declaration.
- Check the tables provided below for weights of all levels of selection process.
|NIIFT entrance test for UG courses||60%|
|NIIFT situation test||20%|
M.Des Fashion and Textiles, Since no entrance exam is conducted for admission to NIIFT M.Des programme, merit list is prepared on the basis of candidates’ scores in qualifying exam (graduation).
Courses Offered through NIIFT Mohali Admission
Admission in NIIFT Mohali is offered to following UG and PG Courses.
- UG Courses: Bachelor of Science (Fashion Design), Bachelor of Design (Fashion Design-KNITS) and Bachelor of Science (Textile Design).
- PG courses : Master of Science (Garment Manufacturing Technology), Master of Science (Fashion Marketing and Management) and Master of Design (Fashion and Textiles).
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2022 Counseling
The students whose names appear in the final merit list have to take part in the counseling process conducted by NIIFT. Only those candidates who appear for the counseling process are considered for admission. The candidates can check the counseling schedule from the dates table provided on this page. The venue and other counseling details are published by NIIFT on its website and are going to be updated here. The seats are allotted in order of the candidates’ merit positions, subject to fulfillment of eligibility criteria.
NIIFT Mohali Admission 2022 Fee Structure
Candidates can check the fee structure for NIIFT Mohali Admission 2022 below.
Office Website: niftindia.com
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel,