MAH B.Ed CET 2022 – State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra conducts MAH B.Ed CET every year for admission into 2 years B.Ed (Regular and Special) courses. It is a state-level entrance exam for students who have completed graduation or master’s degree from a recognized university. Through this education entrance exam, students will be granted admission into Government / Govt. aided colleges/ un-aided colleges / university-managed institutes of Maharashtra. The exam is expected to be conducted in the first week of October 2022.
Those candidates who want to take admission in the English medium colleges are required to appear for English Language Content Test (ELCT) along with MAH B.Ed CET 2022. Both the tests are held in the computer-based mode. All those candidates who qualify the entrance test are required to then take part in the Centralized Admission Process (CAP). Scroll down below to check the details regarding the exam pattern, syllabus, and all other details regarding the MAH B.Ed CET 2022 exam.
MAH B.Ed CET 2022
Latest – The details for MAH B.Ed CET 2022 will be available soon at cetcell.mahacet.org,
MAH B.Ed CET 2022 Overview
Check the highlights of the MAH B.Ed CET 2022 from the table given below:
|Name of the exam||Maharashtra B.Ed Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting body||State CET Cell, Maharashtra|
|Duration of the exam||90 minutes|
|Total marks of ELCT||50|
MAH B.Ed CET 2022 Important Dates
Check the table below for the important dates of MAH B.Ed CET 2022
|Registration begins||1st week of Aug 2022|
|Last date to apply||2nd week of Aug 2022|
|Hall ticket release date||1st week of Oct 2022|
|Exam date||1st week of Oct 2022|
|Result date||1st week of Nov 2022|
MAH B.Ed CET 2022 Syllabus
Check MAH B.Ed CET 2022 syllabus given as follows:
Mental Ability (Topics in either verbal or non-verbal form)
- Problems on Dice
- National events
- International events
- Current Affairs
- Science and Technology
- political science
- Literature in general
- Keenness to update your knowledge
- Leadership qualities about Awareness about changes in Education and Society
- Communication and Professional Commitment
What is English Language Content Test – ELCT?
Candidates who wish to apply to English Medium Colleges will be required to appear for the English Language Content Test (ELCT) along with the MAH B.Ed CET 2022 examination. Candidates who have completed their qualifying examination in English Medium must opt for the ELCT exam. Candidates will be required to select the specific option for ELCT in the MAH B.Ed CET 2022 Application Form itself.
Below given is the exam pattern for ELCT:
- Test duration– The exam will be held for 60 Minutes
- Medium– ELCT will be conducted only in English medium
- Mode of Exam– It will be an online exam
- Marking scheme– 1 Mark will be awarded for each correct answer. There will be no negative marking.
- Format of questions– It will be in the Multiple Choice Question format.
|Subjects||No of questions|
|Verbal Idioms and Proverbs||5|
|Figures of speech||2|
MAH B.Ed CET 2022 Exam Pattern
The MAH B.Ed CET 2022 examination comprises one paper with three sections. Check MAH B.Ed CET 2022 exam pattern given below-
- Question Format– There will be 100 MCQs
- Test duration– The exam will be held for 90 minutes
- Mode of examination– It will be conducted in the online mode
- Language– Candidates can attempt the exam in English and Marathi languages
- Marking Scheme– 1 Mark will be awarded for every correct answer. There will be no negative marking in the exam.
Distribution of questions
|Topics||No. of questions|
MAH B.Ed CET 2022 Important Books
Below given are some important books to prepare for MAH B.Ed CET 2022 examination-
Recommended: How to Prepare for MAH B.Ed CET 2022
Preparation Tips for MAH B.Ed CET 2022
“Success isnt overnight. It’s when every day you get better than the day before. It all adds up”- Dwayne Johnson. Every aspirant must understand that hard work and determination is the only path to success. Before beginning your preparation keep the following steps given below in mind as they will help you stay disciplined in your preparation journey of MAH B.EdCET 2022.
- Syllabus analysis– Understanding the syllabus for the examination is the core of your success journey. Candidates must be well verbed with the syllabus so that they can bring out the important topics and allot the right amount of time to study for the same.
- time table– It is extremenly necessary to prepare a time table everyday in order to keep yourself motivated along the whole preparation period. Important topics will require more time hence allot the time accordingly. Give ample amount of time to rest as well as for other activities in order to avoid the day to day monotony.
- question paper– Once you have analyzed the syllabus and have a time table, the next step is to introduce yourself to the previous years question paper in order to understand the need of the examination well. Attempt a few mock tests along with these PYQs to test your preparation better.
- Revision– This step is the most efficient way to score the highest marks in the exam. Make notes and summarize them into smaller points in a Flash Card. Then, Revise them at least thrice a week to keep your memory intact.
Eligibility Criteria for MAH B.Ed CET 2022
Before applying for the MAH B.Ed CET 2022, it is important to carefully read the eligibility criteria for the same. Check the eligibility criteria given below for the exam:
Nationality: Candidates must be a citizen of India
Age limit: The age will be calculated as of 1st July 2022 however, there is no upper age limit for the examination.
For candidates belonging to Maharashtra:
- The candidate must hold a graduation degree of 3 years or a masters degree with specialization in Engineering/Technology/Management/Computer Science/Law/IT/Agriculture/Medical Sciences/All Humanities courses etc.
- The minimum qualifying percentage varies.
Below given is the specialization of subjects of UG/PG required to be eligible for the exam with minimum qualifying percentage. ,
For Candidates outside Maharashtra(All India Candidate)
MAH B.Ed CET 2022 Application Form
After reading the eligibility criteria, students can apply for MAH B.Ed CET 2022 online as per the procedure given below:
Step 1: Applicants must visit the official website and click on the “Apply online” button displayed on the screen.
Step 2: Proceed to register for the examination by clicking on the ‘New Registration’ tab using Name, Contact detail, and Email id. A provisional Registration number along with a website-generated password will appear on the screen and will also be sent to your registered mobile number.
Step 3: Next, enter the details in the application form.
Step 4: Check your details filled in the application form by clicking on the ‘validate your details’ and submit by clicking on the Save and Next button.
Step 5: The next step is to upload all the scanned documents as per the image specification given in the guidelines. Then, proceed to fill in all the other details of the application form.
Step 6: Verify the entire application form by clicking on the ‘Preview tab’ before submitting the same. Once verified, click on the ‘Final Submit Only’ button.
Step 7: Now, proceed to pay the application fee by clicking on the Payment tab and submitting the fully filled form.
Payment of the Application Fee: The Application Fee can be paid using Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/IMPS/Cash Cards/Mobile Wallet.
Check the application fee from the table below for MAH B.Ed CET 2022
|Open category candidates from Maharashtra state /
Outside Maharashtra State (OMS) / All India Candidates / J&K Migrants
|Backward class categories belonging to Maharashtra state||Rs 600|
Note: The examination fee once paid is non-refundable and non-transferable under any circumstances.
Image Specifications for MAH B.Ed CET Application Form 2022
Before uploading the images, candidates must make sure that the size of images in the scanned format is as per the size specification mentioned in the guidelines. Follow the guidelines given below while uploading the images in your application form:
|A recent passport size color photograph||20kb-50kb||200*230 pixels||JPG/JPEG|
|Signature on white paper with a black ink pen||10kb-20kb||140*60 pixels||JPG/JPEG|
MAH B.Ed CET 2022 Hall Ticket
The MAH B.Ed CET 2022 admit card releases on the official website of the MAH CET Cell, cetcell.mahacet.org. The authority will convey the candidates about the Hall Ticket availability through E-mail/SMS.
Candidates can download the hall ticket using the Application number and DOB. After downloading the Hall Ticket, the candidate must affix a recent recognizable photograph on it.
MAH B.Ed CET 2022 Exam Day Instructions
Below given are the instructions to be followed on the day of MAH B.Ed CET 2022-
- The candidate must reach the examination center before the closing time to avoid any last-minute chaos.
- Candidate must take the hard copy of Hall Ticket along with a valid original id proof and a ball point pen
- Candidate must scrupulously follow the instructions given by the Test Administrator at the test center and must hand over the rough sheet given at the time of examintaion to the invigilator.
- Candidate must not carry the following items to the examination centre-
- cell phones
- Any other electronic device
MAH B.Ed CET 2022 Result
The MAH CET Cell will release the MAH B.Ed CET 2022 result on the official website, cetcell.mahacet.org. The result will be published in the form of a scorecard. It can be downloaded by entering the application number and date of birth.
Eligible candidates must register themselves for the counseling process through the Centralized Admission Process(CAP). Post the Counseling session, candidates will be allotted seats as per their choice and the obtained rank. The candidate will be granted admission after paying the seat acceptance fee in the online mode.
About State CET Cell Maharashtra
The Government of Maharashtra established the State CET Cell in the state under the Admission Regulatory Authority(ARA). State CET Cell is the Competent Authority to conduct the MAH CET examinations for the admissions to the state institutions such as Government College of Education, All Government Aided colleges(including Aided Minority Institutions), and All Un-Aided colleges, etc.
FAQs on MAH B.Ed CET 2022
Ans. MAH CET is a Common Entrance Test to admit students into B.Ed course in the state of Maharashtra.
Ans. Maharashtra CET Cell will be conducting the CET B.Ed 2022 exam.
Ans. The examination medium will be English or Marathi.
Ans. English Language Content Test is an exam that a candidate is required to appear for, along with the MAH B.Ed CET if he/she wishes to take admission into an Eglish Medium College.
Ans. Candidates can apply for MAH B.Ed CET 2022 on the official website at mahacet.org.
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in the test.