KEAM 2022 – As per the news reports, KEAM 2022 will be held on June 12, 2022. Paper 1 for Physics and Chemistry will be held from 10:00 am – 12:30 pm. Then paper 2 for Math will be held from 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm. The dates for other events such as application form, admit card are yet to be announced. It is expected that the application form window will open soon now that the date for the exam has been declared. Candidates will find all the updates of the official website cee.kerala.gov.in here.
Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE) Kerala conducts the Kerala Engineering, Architecture and Medical Entrance Exam (KEAM). Candidates need to apply online for this engineering entrance test and submit supporting documents at the official website of CEE i.e. cee.kerala.gov.in. Candidates can apply for admission for engineering, architecture, medical courses such as Engineering, Architecture, B.Pharm, MBBS, BDS, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Siddha, Unani, Agriculture, Co-operation and Banking, Climate Change and Environmental Science, B.Tech Biotechnology, Forestry, Veterinary and Fisheries. Candidates can apply for admission for engineering, architecture, medical courses. However, candidates can take admission for Architecture course through ‘National Aptitude Test in Architecture’ (NATA) examination. Also candidates can take admission for Medical science and others science courses through National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) examination. KEAM examination is for admission in B.Tech, B. Pharm and a few other courses. Candidates who have passed the entrance examination as per the order of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India / Hon’ble High Court of Kerala or Government of Kerala must participate in Kerala / Government of India / Centralized Allotment Process (CAP). Scroll below to Know more about KEAM 2022.
Latest – As per the news reports, KEAM 2022 exam will be conducted on June 12, 2022. The paper for Physics and Chemistry will be held from 10 am to 12:30 pm. The paper for Mathematics will be held from 2:30 pm to 5 pm.
KEAM 2022 Dates
The admission will be given in the 2022-23 academic year through this examination. The schedule for the exam is released on the official website. You can refer to know the below table for KEAM 2022 exam dates.
|Online application starting date||2nd week of March 2022|
|Last date of application||2nd week of Apr 2022|
| Last date for submission of
|4th week of Apr 2022|
|Release date of the admit card||2nd week of May 2022|
|Exam date of KEAM
(Physics & Chemistry) Paper – I
|12th Jun 2022 – 10 am to 12:30 pm|
| Exam date of KEAM
(Mathematics) Paper – II
|12th Jun 2022 – 2:30 pm to 5pm|
|Result declaration||4th week of Jun 2022|
Overview of KEAM
Candidates can check the overview of KEAM given below.
|Exam Name||Kerala Engineering, Architecture Medical Entrance Exam|
|Exam Level||State level|
|Exam Conducting Body||Commissioner for Entrance Examinations|
|No. of papers||2|
|Paper name||Paper- 1 (Physics & Chemistry)
Paper- 2 (Mathematics)
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Duration of exam||150 minutes for each paper|
|No. of questions||120|
|Marking scheme||+4 for correct answers
-1 for wrong answers or multiple answers
KEAM 2022 Syllabus
Candidates who wish to take the entrance exam must be aware of the syllabus. Candidates can check the KEAM syllabus below for all subject papers or they can also check the official website of CEE.
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Complex Numbers
- Sequences and Series
- Permutations, Combinations, Binomial Theorem and Mathematical Induction
- Linear Inequalities
- Matrices and Determinants
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Lines and Family of lines
- Conic sections
- Three-Dimensional Geometry
- Statistics and probability
- Physical World and Measurement
- Law of Motions
- Work, Energy and Power
- Motion of System of Particles
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Oscillations and Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction And Alternating Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Atom and Nuclei
- Electronic Device
- Communication System
- Some basic concept of Chemistry
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular structure
- State of matter
- Redox Reaction and Electrochemistry
- Chemical Kinetic
- Surface Chemistry
- Hydrogen and S-Block elements
- P-Block elements
- d-Block and F-Block elements
- Coordination Compound
- Organic Chemistry
- Alcohol, Phenols and Ethers
- Environmental chemistry
KEAM 2022 Exam Pattern
According to the previous year’s exam pattern of KEAM, the expected exam pattern is mentioned below.
- Number of Questions: 120 number of questions are asked per subject.
- Examination Duration: KEAM exam duration is 150 minutes in each paper.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will be awarded 4 marks for each correct in the Engineering Entrance Examination.
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted from the total score for each incorrect response.
- Examination Mode: Examinations will be held at the selected venues in all Districts in the State of Mumbai, New Delhi and Dubai.
- For Engineering courses will conduct with a relative weightage of 5:3:2.
- For Medical & Allied Courses will be conducted with relative weightage of 9.7.5.
- For B. Pharm will be conducted with relative weightage of 9.7.5.
How to prepare for KEAM 2022
Candidates who want to qualify in the KEAM examination, must follow below tips for better preparation. Below we mention some preparation tips of KEAM for better marks.
- Syllabus – Students have to read the entire Syllabus of the examination very carefully and properly.
- Previous year Question paper: Candidates should practice on the previous year question papers of KEAM. It will give you an idea about question pattern, syllabus.
- Notes: You Make short note of important topics, formulas of the subjects. It will help you to last minutes preparation.
- Mock test: You should not waste your time on the examination time. So, you have to try to solve problems in less time accurately. For that, you can give mock test on expected timing.
- Time management: You should proper knowledge about time management. For this, you can complete the examination on stipulated time.
Best Books for KEAM 2022
We have listed some of the best books that can be referred to prepare for the KEAM 2022 exam.
|14 Year’s Solved Papers Kerala CEE Engineering Entrance Exam||Buy Here|
|Mathematics for Class 12 (Set of 2 Vol.) Examination 2021-22||Buy Here|
|HIGHER ALGEBRA||Buy Here|
|Fundamentals of Physics||Buy Here|
|Concept of Physics Part-1 & 2||Buy Here|
|A TEXTBOOK OF ORGANIC CHEMISTRY||Buy Here|
|Concise Inorganic Chemistry||Buy Here|
|Problems In CALCULUS OF ONE VARIABLE||Buy Here|
CUT-Off of KEAM 2022
The cut-off of KEAM depends as per the institute course and category. However, the expected cut off is given below.
KEAM 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility Criteria of KEAM for various courses are given below.
- Candidates who are citizen in India are eligible for this examination. Persons of Indian Origin (PIO)/ Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) will also be considered as per the Indian Citizen.
- Candidates have to belong to Keralite or Non-Keralite category.
Eligibility Criteria for Academic
- Engineering Courses:
- Students need to be passed the Higher Secondary Examinations with Physics, Mathematics as compulsory subjects and Chemistry as one of the optional subjects with minimum of 45% marks.
- MBBS, BDS Courses:
- Students have to passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology and English individually in Higher Secondary exam conducted by Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala or recognized equivalent exam with minimum of 50% marks.
- BAMS/ BHMS courses:
- Students should passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually in Higher Secondary exam with minimum of 50% marks which conducted by Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala or recognized equivalent exam.
- BSMS course:
- Students need to passed in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually in Higher Secondary exam with minimum of 50% marks which conducted by Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala or recognized equivalent exam
- Also candidates have to passed 10th and 12th with Tamil as one of the languages or will have to clear Tamil language course.
- BUMS course:
- Must have passed in Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English individually in Higher Secondary exam with minimum of 50% marks which examination is conducted by Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala.
- Also candidates have to passed 10th and 12th with Urdu or Arabic or Persian as one of the languages which conducted by the university or Board or recognized society.
- B.Sc.(Hons.) Agri., B.Sc.(Hons) Forestry, B.Sc (Hons.) Co-operation &Banking, B.Tech Biotechnology (under (KAU), BFSc courses:
- Students will have to passed with the subject of Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the Higher Secondary exam of Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala or recognized equivalent exam with minimum of 50% marks.
- B.Sc (Hons.) Climate Change & Environmental Science:
- Must have to passed with the subject of Physics, Chemistry and Biology at the Higher Secondary exam of Board of Higher Secondary Education, Kerala or recognized equivalent exam with minimum of 50% marks.
- Students have to studied Mathematics as a subject at Plus Two level.
- BVSc. & AH Course:
- Students will have passed with the subject of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology with minimum of 50% marks aggregately.
KEAM 2022 Application Form
KEAM 2022 application has not released yet. KEAM 2022 Application form will be released in online at the official website i.e. cee.kerala.gov.in. The candidates must submit only one application form for admission to any or all courses in KEAM 2022.
The steps to apply for KEAM 2022 are given below
- Registration: First of all, visit the official website and then register yourself by entering the details such as name, mobile number, email id etc. After that submit the registration form and note down the application number.
- Fill the application form: After that select the course and exam centre and enter the basic details, communication details, academic details, category details.
- Pay the application fee: Next, pay the application fee by selecting payment method.
- Upload images and certificates: Then, upload scanned image of photograph and scanned image of signature and upload the scanned necessary certificates.
- Print the acknowledgement: Then take a printout of the acknowledgement for future need.
KEAM 2022 Application Fee
|Engineering only /
B.Pharm only /
|Rs 700||Rs 300||–|
|Architecture only /
Medical & Allied only /
|Rs 500||Rs 200||–|
|Both courses||Rs 900||Rs 400||–|
Note: Candidates who want to choose Dubai as exam centre shall have to pay an additional amount of Rs 12,000.
Mode of payment: Candidates have to pay the application fee using –
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Net banking
KEAM 2022 – Courses Offered
Candidates are offered for admission in the following professional courses which are mention below:
Engineering Courses :
- Bachelor of Technology (B.Tech.)includes all Courses
- B.Tech. (Agricultural Engineering)
- B.Tech. (Food Engineering & Technology)
- B.Tech. (Dairy Technology)
- B.Tech. (Food Technology)
- B.Tech. (Food Science & Technology)
- Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.)
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
- Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (BSMS)
- Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS)
Agriculture & Forestry Courses:
- BSc.(Hons.) Agri.
- BSc.(Hons.) Forestry
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (BVSc. & AH)
- Bachelor of Fisheries Science (BFSc)
KEAM 2022 Admit Card
KEAM admit card 2022 will be released in the official website i.e. cee.kerala.gov.in. You need to enter your application number and password to download the KEAM 2022 admit card. Candidates have to keep in mind that the admit card of KEAM 2022 will not send via post. The admit card of KEAM contains the venue of the examination, candidates name, roll number, examination time table, date etc. Also keep in mind that candidates must bring a hard copy of their Admit Card f KEAM 2022 at the examination center.
KEAM 2022 Exam Instructions
Candidates have to follow the instruction very carefully which are mentioned below.
- Candidates should bring the necessary details which are Admit Card, Ballpoint Pen (blue or black ink) and a card board for the examination.
- Candidates will not be allowed to take items like pencils, erasers, correction fluids, calculators, logarithm tables, electronic gadgets, mobile phones etc. during the examination.
- The examinee should be present at the examination hall 30 minutes before the scheduled time for the commencement of the examination.
- No one shall be allowed to enter the examination hall 30 minutes after the commencement of the examination.
- Candidates will be allowed to leave the examination hall only after completion of examination.
KEAM 2022 Answer Key
CEE will release the answer key of KEAM 2022 at their official website. The answer keys shall be published for both the papers. If the candidates have any complaints about the answer keys, they can submit the objection to the CEE in writing along with supporting documents. For the objection, student shave to pay Rs. 100/- via demand draft drawn in favour of CEE, payable at Thiruvananthapuram for objection fee. The objection can be submitted till 5 days after the declaration of answer keys. If the complaint is proved to be true, the fee will be refunded at the time of filing the complaint.
KEAM 2022 Result
CEE releases the KEAM result online at the official website of CEE. CEE releases a rank list where total appeared students, qualified students for the Examination are mentioned. There are also mentioned toppers list of different courses. In the toppers list, there are mentioned name of the students, photograph of the students, rank of the students, address and mobile number of the students.
Counselling of KEAM 2022
Commissioner for Entrance Examinations (CEE) Kerala conducts the counselling process. Students who pass the entrance examination can eligible for the counselling. The counselling process is done after the results of KEAM are announced. The counselling process is based on the score of the entrance examination of the students. Candidates who have their name on the merit list are only allowed to appear for the counseling process.
Seat Reservation Criteria for KEAM 2022
Students can check the seat reservation criteria given below.
|Economically Weaker Sections in
General Category (EWS)
|Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (SEBC)||30%|
KEAM entrance examination is conducted by Commissioner of Entrance Examinations (CEE). This examination board was established in 1983. Student can take admission engineering, architecture, medical, B. pharm by giving the examination which conducted by CEE. Keam is a engineering entrance exam. It conducts once in a year. CEE allot many candidates to various professional UG and PG courses based on the merit and community reservations.
FAQs for KEAM 2022
Ans. The exam will be held in the offline mode.
Ans. As per news reports, KEAM 2022 exam will be held on 12th June 2022.
Ans. In KEAM 2022, there are total 2 papers which are Mathematics and Physics & Chemistry.
Ans. The candidates must be 17 years of age as on 31 Dec 2022.
Ans. Yes, 01 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.