KCET 2022 – Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) conducts the Karnataka CET (KCET) for admission to first-year professional degree programs. KCET 2022 application form will be released soon by the authority on the KCET official website ie cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/. KEA UGCET exam is a state level exam which offers admission into various UG courses in the field of engineering, architecture, agriculture, Pharmacy and Naturopathy & Yoga.
Candidates who have completed or appearing for their 10+2 examination in the respective fields are eligible to apply online for the KCET. Through KCET score, qualified candidates will get admission in Government / University / Private Aided / Private Un‐Aided Professional Educational Institutions of the Karnataka state. Candidates can check more details about the KCET from this article below.
Candidates who have passed or are appearing for their Class 12 Exam in Karnataka are advised by the authority to give the exam assigned by KEA within the district in which candidate completed their Class 12. Candidates can check the important dates for the Karnataka UGCET (KCET) Exam given below.
|Events||Dates (To be Announced)|
|Application submission starts||3rd week of June 2022|
|Application submission last date||3rd week of June 2022|
|Fee Payment||4th week of June 2022|
|Application correction window||1st week of July 2022|
|Admit card release||1st week of July 2022|
|KCET Exam date||2nd week of August 2022|
|Result declaration||1st week of September 2022|
|Counseling||2nd week of September 2022|
KCET 2022 Application form
Candidates can fill the KCET application form 2022 form in online mode at kea.kar.nic.in. There is no option to fill the form via offline mode. Candidates will need to register themselves first to fill the application form. In case of false details, the authority holds the power to reject the application form. Candidate may fill the form with correct details only.
How to Apply for KCET 2022?
Candidates can follow the below mentioned steps to fill the KCET 2022 application form and apply for the Karnataka CET exam.
- Visit the official website ie /kea.kar.nic.in.
- Browse for the link “UGCET-2022 Online Application and select the link.
- Now, candidates have to click on the “ New User? Click Here to Register ” option.
- Fill the required details and complete the registration.
- Candidate will receive the application number and login id on the registered email id/ mobile number.
- Candidates will have to create a password in order to proceed further.
- Note: In case, any candidate has already registered, they can click on the “Login” button instead of “New user” and start filling the details directly and hence can skip the registration steps.
Login and Filling the Details
- After completing the registration, candidates have to login using the created password and User Id.
- After login, candidates will see a section “students information” where candidates have to fill the details as per asked in the form.
- After filling the details save this section and proceed further to the “Students details” section.
- Enter all the details in this section and click on “Save and Next”.
Uploading the Documents
- Now, candidates have to upload the images of their recent photograph, signature and father’s signature.
- Candidates have to upload the documents in their prescribed format only.
- After uploading the documents, candidates may click on the submit button.
Fee Payment and Submission
- Candidates have to now pay the application fee via online mode (Net-banking).
- After fee payment submit the application form and take a printout for further use.
KCET 2022 Application Fee
The KCET 2022 fee details are given below.
|General candidates||Rs. 500|
|SC/ST/Female candidates of karnataka||Rs.250|
KCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The details regarding the KCET Eligibility Criteria 2022 are given below.
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Candidate who are appearing for their class 12 examination are also eligible to apply for the KCET exam.
- The prescribed details by the authority regarding the academic qualification must be fulfilled by the candidate in order to apply for the admission which are given below.
For Engineering/ Technology courses
- Candidate must have passed their qualifying examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Along with this, candidate must have Chemistry / Bio-Technology / Biology /Electronics / Computer Science as an optional subjects.
- One of the modes of language for study should be English language.
For Naturopathy & Yoga Courses
- Candidate who has passed with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as option subjects are eligible for the exam.
- One of the language of study should be English.
Candidates can check the detailed academic eligibility as per the last years data given below.
KCET 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates who will appear for KCET 2022 Exam may go through the exam pattern to prepare for the exam. The details regarding the exam pattern are given below.
- Duration and subjects of examination – Each exam/subject will be 80 minutes and carry 60 marks.
- Sections and Subjects: The KCET will be held on two days in four different sessions for four subjects. The Examination for Biology and Mathematics will be conducted on the first day in two sessions and Physics and Chemistry examination will be on the second day.
- Type of Questions – Each paper will consist of Multiple-Choice Questions. Each question paper will be in 16 versions and each question will have four answer options.
- Marking Scheme – Each question will carry one mark and there will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- OMR Sheet – A model of Optical Mark Reader (OMR) sheets will be given to the candidates for marking answers. A specimen of OMR sheet will be hosted by the KEA website ie http://www.kea.kar.nic.in,
The pattern of the exam according to the last years data is given below:
|Subjects||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|Mathematics / Biology||60||60|
|Kannada Language Test||50||50|
The KCET Syllabus for the examination is based on the 1st and 2nd PUC Syllabi, prescribed by the Pre-University Education of Karnataka State.
KCET 2022 Admit Card
The details regarding the KCET Admit card 2022 are given below.
- KCET 2022 Admit card will release in online mode before the commencement of the exam.
- Candidates can download the admit card from the official website.
- In order to download the admit card, candidate will need their login details ie application number and password.
- Candidates may print the admit card and preserve it for the day of exam.
- The admit card will be available on the official website to download till the date of exam.
KCET 2022 Answer Key
The details regarding the KCET Answer key 2022 are given below.
- KCET Answer key will release in online mode.
- The authority will release the answer key after few days of completion of the exam.
- KCET Answer key will contain all the correct answers for each question of the question paper.
- As soon as the answer key releases on the official website, candidates may check the answer key for evaluation of their performance in the exam.
KCET 2022 Result
The details regarding the KCET Result 2022 are given below.
- KCET 2022 result will release in online mode.
- The result will be prepared by the authority on the basis of the KCET Answer key.
- Candidates will be able to check the result from the official website of KEA.
- There is no other option available for the checking the result by the authority.
KCET 2022 Cut Off – Karnataka CET Cutoffs
Candidates may check the below given cutoff rank data to get the idea for KCET Cutoff.
KCET 2022 Counseling
The details regarding the KCET Counseling 2022 are given below.
- After shortlisting of candidates, the authority will start the counseling process.
- KCET 2022 counseling will start in online mode.
- Candidates will be able to participate in the process using the official website.
- The process will include multiple rounds for admission such as choice filling, document verification and much more.
KCET Contact Details:
Address: Sampige Road, 18th Cross, Malleshwaram, Bangalore – 560012.
Phone: 080 – 23460460 (Five Lines)
Fax: 080 – 23461576
Email: [email protected]
Official Website: kea.kar.nic.in
Subscribe For Latest Updates
KCET 2022 application form will be released on the official website as per the schedule.
No, candidates can have any subject from Math and Biology. However, Physics and chemistry are compulsory subjects.
Yes, there is no restriction for no. of attempts and hence a candidate can appear for the exam multiple times.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel,