KCET 2022 Application Form -The KCET application form 2022 is expected to release by the end of March 2022. KEA will release the official dates soon. Candidates will find the form on the official website of KEA, i.e., cetonline.karnataka.gov.in. This common application form is released on an online portal and it is meant for all the students of Karnataka who have passed second PUC. Through this, candidates appear for a common test to seek admission in various UG & PG courses across the state of Karnataka. The conducting body, Karnataka Examinations Authority releases notification on their website for all updates. There is one common link that is generated for every candidate. Everyone is supposed to fill that out and make a payment once the application is correctly filed. They should have all the required documents necessary for filling the application form. The link is always released on the official website of KEA that you can visit from here.
KCET 2022 Application Form
Latest – KCET 2022 Registration will begin by the end of March 2022.
KCET 2022 Application Form Dates
The first step towards getting into your dream college with the course you want to study begins when you file the application form and submit the registration fee. KEA releases important dates on its official website such as beginning of registration, last date of fee payment, correction of application form, exam dates and more. The table below will give the candidates an idea of the tentative dates as per last year’s schedule.
|Starting Date of Online Application Filing||March 2022|
|Last Date of Online Application Filing||Apr 2022|
|Last Date of Fee Submission||Apr 2022|
|Correcting the Particulars||Apr 2022|
|KCET 2022 Exam||Jun 2022|
|KCET 2022 Language Test||Jun 2022|
Overview of KCET 2022 Application Form
|Website where the form is released||Official KEA Website: cetonline.karnataka.gov.in/kea/|
|Login Details||User ID and Password|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Payment||Online|
|Documents Needed to Apply||Email id, mobile number, scanned passport size colored photo, scanned signature, parents’ signature, academic details, caste details, income details, address details.|
Fee for KCET 2022 Application Form
Every year the application fee varies for different categories to ensure fair chance is provided to all. Just below is mentioned the fee structure for all categories as declared last year.
|GM, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B (within Karnataka)||Rs. 500|
|SC, ST, CAT-1 (Karnataka)||Rs. 250|
|All Female Candidates of Karnataka||Rs. 250|
|GM (Outside Karnataka)||Rs. 750|
|GM (Outside India)||Rs. 5000|
Documents Required for Filling KCET Application Form
There are certain details and documents that you would need at the time of filling the application form so you must have these details handy. Some of the documents will have to be uploaded with the application form as well. The list below will guide you through this.
- A valid email id
- A valid mobile number to register
- Password (to be self created)
- Preferred City/Place of taking the test
The following list describes the documents needed to be uploaded with the KCET Application form
- Scanned image of the candidate’s signature and passport size photograph.
- Parent’s signature or left-thumb impression.
The below mentioned list describes the documents you would need to refer to while filling out the application form. These documents, however, are not to be uploaded. Simply take the information from these and fill it out in the application form.
- Class 10th and 12th academic certificates and marksheets.
- PUC 1 and 2 Details
- Category/Caste Details
- Income Details
- Address Details
- Physically Handicapped Details (if applicable)
Image Specifications for KCET 2022 Application Form
Now that you know that one of the reasons due to which your application may get rejected is the format of the image uploaded, you will want to ensure that everything is in accordance. To help you in understanding clearly what was the requirement of last year’s image format, please refer below.
NOTE: Applicants are required to upload their scanned colored photograph and signature.
- The passport size photograph should be recently clicked.
- Both the ears should be clearly visible.
- Photograph cannot be blur.
- Only the candidate’s front view is to be captured in the photograph.
- Signature should be done in black/blue ink pen only
- Do not overwrite on the signature.
- Do not use any special characters in the file name (~ @ # % ^ * ! $ ) while uploading the documents
- Images should only be uploaded in JPG/JPEG format (unless stated otherwise)
|Photograph||5 KB – 40 KB||3.5 cm x 4.5 cm|
|Candidate’s Signature||2 KB – 40 KB||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm|
|Parent / Guardian of the candidate signature /
|2 KB – 40 KB||3.5 cm x 1.5 cm|
How to Fill the KCET 2022 Application Form
It is always beneficial to learn beforehand about how to fill out the application form. This way candidates can ensure an easy, error-free filing. The steps mentioned below was followed by candidates to register themselves for KCET 2021.
- Go to the official website of KEA and Register as a new candidate. This way you will be able to create a user id and password for yourself and make any changes you need before the final declaration.
- Select citizenship (Only Indian Citizens can apply).
- Enter your personal details such as name, mobile number, email id etc.
- Select if you are a student of Karnataka 2nd PUC /CBSE/CISCE 12th standard 2022.
If yes, enter the 13 digit Student/roll number.
- Create your password (make sure your password is strong yet easy to remember by you).
- After this click on “Register/Registration”. An application id will be sent to your registered mobile number and registered email id.
- Open the login page to take the process further.
- Login: Use the application number/id and your password to then login.
Enter captcha (if any)
- A dashboard appears when you are successfully logged in.
- Proceed to fill out the general details: Address, State, District, Taluk, Pin code
- Then select if you have appeared for CET / NEET / NATA Exams before 2022?
- Have you obtained any seat in CET, NEET, NATA and taken Admission to college?
- After this provide your academic details
- Quota under which you are applying for
- Select Eligibility Clause Code
- Have you studied SSLC/10th standard in Karnataka ?
- Did you write/appearing/attending Board Exam of 12th in Karnataka?
- Select Total number of years of study in Karnataka (From 1st to 12th Std.)
- Select Qualifying Examination Board
- Karnataka CBSE / CISCE Please Choose School Name
- State where appearing/appeared for 2nd PUC/12th/Equivalent exam
- Select District of 2nd PUC/12th/Equivalent exam (If studied in Karnataka)
- Are you Appearing CBSEC/ICSCE Annual Examination 2021 ?
- PUC Student Number/ Roll Number /Register No.
- Enter the Year of Passing
- Candidate S S L C/ 10th standard Register Number (as per marks card)
- Then select your preferred exam center.
After this proceed to enter the category details.
- Name of the Caste (as mentioned in Caste / Caste Income Certificate)
- Annual Income of the family from all sources in Rupees
- Select your eligible reservation category (as mentioned in Caste / Caste Income Certificate)
- Enter Caste Certificate RD Number (SC/ST/Cat-1 Only)(Optional)
- Enter Income Certificate RD Number (2A,2B,3A,3B,GM,SNQ)(Optional)
- Mother Tongue (As per School / College Admission Record
- Are you eligible to claim Kalyana Karnataka reservation – [Article 371(j)] ?
- Have you studied in Rural areas of Karnataka from 1st to 10th standard for 10 full academic years?
- Have you studied in Kannada Medium from 1st to 10th standard for 10 full academic years?
- Are you a Son/Daughter of Jammu & Kashmiri Migrants?
- Select the eligible Special Category Reservation
After this you will have to provide all your schooling details, from 1st standard to 12th standard.
- Name and Address of the School
- Class Studied
- Year of Study From
- Year of Study To
- Year of passing
Once done, click on “Save and Next” button. Do click this button or else all the details you have entered so far will be lost and you will have to start the process again.
Here you will have to upload the scanned images needed in proper format.
- Your Photo: In JPG/JPEG only.
Photo should be recent, clear and with the view of only the front.
- Your Signature: In JPG/JPEG only.
Signature should be clear, without any overwriting, and the one you use everywhere.
- Thumb Impression: In JPG/JPEG only.
Should be clear, on a white paper with blue ink.
- Parents Signature: In JPG/JPEG only.
Should be clear and without any overwriting.
This is the declaration part after which you will submit your application form. Make sure you read the declaration carefully and ensure that every information you have provided is true and correct. You may edit the details in your form again before your declare it. It is always wise to cross check all the information before the final submission.
Once you have checked everything, click on the checkbox present below the declaration and click on the “Final Submission” button.
After the final submission, you will be redirected to the payment page.
- Select the mode of payment
- Make the payment
Once the form is submitted, you have to take the printout of the application form on an A4 size paper and keep it safe.
Details to be Entered in KCET 2022 Application Form
There are some specific details that candidates are required to enter in the form. It is best to have all the documents at hand if they need to refer to any document to enter the following details.
- Are you appearing for Karnataka 2nd PUC / 12 CBSE / CISCE
- Father’s name
- Mother’s name
- Date of birth
- Pin code
- Have you appeared for CET / NEET / NATA Exams before 2021?
- Have you obtained seat in CET, NEET, NATA and taken admission in college
- Quota under which you are applying
- Eligibility clause code
- Have to studied 10th / SSLC in Karnataka?
- Did you write / appearing / attending Board exam of 12th in Karnataka?
- Total number of years studied in Karnataka
- Qualifying exam board
- State where you have appeared / appearing for 12th class exam
- District of 12th class exam / 2nd PUC
- PUC student number / roll number / register number
- Year of passing
- SSLC / 10th register number
- Name of the caste
- Annual income from all the sources
- Eligible Reservation Category (as mentioned in income certificate)
- Caste certificate RD number
- Mother tongue
- Are you eligible to claim Kalyana Karnataka Reservation
- Have you studied in rural areas of Karnataka from 1st to 10th std for full 10 academic years
- Have you studied in in Kannada from 1st to 10th std for full 10 academic years
- Are you a son / daughter of Jammu & Kashmiri migrants?
- Eligible special category Reservation
Details to be updated if the candidate is applying for Medical and Dental Courses
- Are you claiming Religious Minority quota?
- Are you a ward of NRI?
- Are you claiming Linguistic Minority Quota?
- Name and address of the school
- Class studied
- Year of study from
- Year of study to
- Year of passing
Reasons for KCET 2022 Application Form Rejection
Sometimes a candidate’s application form is rejected, meaning he/she will not be able to take the test. There are few simple reasons for this which every candidate should take a note of. Keep these in mind to ensure your form is not rejected.
- The information mentioned by the candidate is incorrect or false.
- If the candidate does not meet the KEA eligibility criteria.
- Documents are uploaded incorrectly. (Always double check the information/documents uploaded)
- Image and Documents not in specified format.
- Fee not paid or fee was not processed.
KCET 2022 Application Form Correction
The application form correction facility is an important one as this allows the candidates to edit their application form and correct the information they may have put incorrectly. However, only those who have paid the fee can avail this service. The correction window is open only for a specified time, which the KEA releases a notification for. Candidates have to correct their forms and resubmit it within that time frame. It is only done online and no requests for offline corrections is entertained.
Even in the correction facility there are certain sections that the candidates cannot alter or change. Take a look below to know the details that were not allowed to be changed in KCET 2021 Application Form Correction.
- Name of the candidate
- Contact address detail
- PwD status
- Educational qualification
- Date of birth
KCET 2022 Admit Card
Once the application form goes through, KEA issues the admit card required to appear for the test. Candidates are required to produce the admit card at the time of the exam. This piece of document contains your details that is a proof of your eligibility to appear for the test and that the fee has been paid. KEA released the admit card on an online portal on their official website as of last year. It is expected that the same norm will be followed for 2022.
The following details are mentioned on a candidates admit card:
- Examination authority
- Name of the examination
- CET number
- Name of the candidate
- Candidate’s address
- Exam date and day
- Timings of the exam
- Subject names
- Name and address of the exam centre
- Photograph of the candidate
- Space for signature of the invigilator only
- Executive director signature
The following describes the things a candidate has to carry on the day of the exam to the exam center:
- A printed copy of KCET 2021 hall ticket
- A valid id proof (Aadhar card / Passport / PAN card / College identity card / 2nd PUC or 12th class examination hall ticket / Driving License / Bus pass)
- A black / blue ball point pen
NOTE: During Kannada Language Test, the candidates need to carry KCET 2021 admit card, marks card of parents, study certificates etc.
What not to carry inside the exam center:
- Any modern electronic equipments
- Any gadgets
- Any type of wrist watch
- Mobile phones
- White fluid
- Wireless sets
- Books / Notes
KCET 2022 – In a nutshell
Karnataka Common Entrance Test is a State Level entrance exam conducted by the State of Karnataka annually. It is meant for candidates seeking admission for various UG and PG courses in different Government and Private colleges. The test is conducted offline, however, the process of application, fee payment and procuring the admit card is done online. This test if governed by Karnataka Examination Authority or KEA and only students who have completed their schooling from Karnataka can appear for it.
The important dates for the test is yet to released on KEA’s official website but candidates can start preparing for the test based on KCET 2021 guidelines. These dates and guidelines remain similar.
Brief description of KCET 2022 exam pattern
KCET 2022 will have the same pattern as KCET 2021.
- Test will be held in two days which will consists of four sessions for four subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Each paper will be of 60 marks each and time duration will be 80 minutes (no more, no less).
- Questions will be in multiple choice pattern with separate OMR sheets to mark the answers.
- Each question carries one mark.
- There is no negative marking, however, multiple options cannot be chosen for one question.
- Answers should be marked in ball point pen only.
KCET 2022 FAQs
No. Candidates do not need to pay for the application form correction. However, only those candidates who have paid for the application form can correct their forms later. You do not need to pay anything for the correction facility.
Yes. KCET questions are repeated for the current test. Hence, it is advised that students diligently solve the past years’ questions papers while studying.
No. The application form is only released online. The test, however, is an offline test.
The questions are objective type. Candidates appearing for the test will be given an OMR sheet where they will have to mark their answers.
Yes. KEA gives a chance to edit the details after the submission of the form. However, you cannot edit your name, date of birth, educational details etc.
No. There is no negative marking. However, candidates cannot choose more than one option for a question.
KEA will release the KCET 2022 application form by the second week of June 2022.
Candidates can fill their registration forms on the official website of KEA once the application form is released.
The last date to fill the application form will be by the third week of July.
Simply visit the official website of KEA cetonline.karnataka.gov.in and register yourself as a new candidate there.
Yes. KEA will conduct KCET for 2022.
– For GM, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B (within Karnataka) amount is Rs. 500
– SC, ST, CAT-1 (Karnataka) amount is Rs. 250
– All Female Candidates of Karnataka amount is RS. 250
– GM (Outside Karnataka) is Rs. 750
– GM (Outside India) is Rs. 5000
Yes, candidates should download and print copy of the application form after everything is filled.
A valid email id, a valid mobile number to register Password (to be self created)Preferred City/Place of taking the test, Scanned image of the candidate’s signature and passport size photograph. Also, Parent’s signature or left-thumb impression.
Class 10th and 12th academic certificates and marksheets.
PUC 1 and 2 Details
Physically Handicapped Details (if applicable)
The KCET 2022 syllabus as prescribed by KEA will include syllabus of 1st and 2nd PUC for Physics, chemistry, mathematics and biology.
As of now KEA has not officially made any announcement for reducing the syllabus. KEA will officially release this news.