JKCET 2022 – JKBOPEE has released the official notice for JKCET 2022 B.Tech/B.E. courses. The notice contains the important dates. The exam will be held on May 22, 2022. The application form will release on March 17, 2022. The last date to fill the form is April 7, 2022. It will be available on the official website jkbopee.gov.in. Th notice also states the requirements for filling out the application form. Details such as certificates needed to be uploaded with the application form, the format of uploading the documents, size etc. are also mentioned. Candidates can download the notice from the link below.
The JKCET 2022 common entrance test is conducted by JKBOPEE. Through this common test for engineering courses, candidates of Jammu & Kashmir seek admission into various engineering courses. It is a state level exam conducted annually. Along with engineering courses, there are other courses for which admission is provided based on the result of Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET). Candidates can take admission in courses such as B.Ed, B.Sc, Nursing, paramedical etc. Before applying, candidates must check the eligibility criteria. The detailed eligibility criteria, application form detailed, syllabus, exam pattern is provided below.
Latest – JKCET 2022 B.Tech/B.E. official notice out. Download here.
Latest – J&K B.Ed CET application form released. Click here to fill the form.
Latest – JKCET 2022 application form for B.tech/B.E. will release on March 17, 2022. Candidates will find more details here.
Latest – JKCET 2022 exam for B.tech/B.E. will be held on May 22, 2022.
Latest – The schedule for JKCET 2022 has been released. Download schedule here.
JKCET 2022 Dates
The official dates for JKCET 2022 have been announced. Candidates can check them from below.
|JKCET 2022 B.Tech/B.E.||Dates|
|Release of application form||17 March 2022|
|Last date to fill form||7 Apr 2022|
|Admit card||to be announced|
|Exam date||22 May 2022|
|Result||to be announced|
JKCET 2022 Overview
The overview for JKCET 2022 is given below.
|Exam Name||JKCET 2022|
|Full Form of Exam||Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||Jammu and Kashmir Board of Professional Entrance Examination|
|Exam Level||Sate level|
|Category||UG, Diploma and PG|
|Course Offered||B.tech/B.E., B.Sc., B.Sc. Nursing, Diploma courses.|
|No. of Times Exam is Held||Once a year.|
|Exam Mode||Offline – Pen and paper based test|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours (for B.tech/B.E.)|
|No. of Questions Asked||180 (for B.tech/B.E.)|
|Sections in Exam||3 (for B.tech/B.E.)|
|Total Marks||180 (for B.tech/B.E.)|
|Marks per Question||1 marks|
|Negative Marking||– 0.25|
|Helpline Number||+91 194 – 2433590
+91 194 2433760
+91 194 2437647
|Official E-mail Id||[email protected]|
JKCET 2022 Application Form
Candidates who want to take the test for JKCET 2022 have to fill the application form from the official website. To fill the form, candidates can follow the steps given below.
- Step 1: Go to the official website jkbopee.gov.in.
- Step 2: Click on the “Click to apply” option for the course you are applying for.
- Step 3: Read the instructions for filling the form and uploading of images. Then select “Click here to fill the application form”.
- Step 4: Then on the new page, register yourself with the details required such as mobile number, email address, candidate’s personal details etc.
- Step 5: Then submit the form and note down the system generated application number.
- Step 6: After that, using the application number, make the payment of the application fee.
- Step 7: After paying the fee, upload the documents in the required specifications.
- Step 8: Click on submit after cross checking every detail. Then take a printout of the application form for future reference.
Fee for JKCET 2022
The fee for JKCET 2022 is Rs. 1200 for every candidate.
Documents required for the JKCET 2022 application form
1. Domicile certificate
2.12th mark sheet
3.10th mark sheet indicates the date of birth
4. Scanned candidate photograph and signature
Image Specifications while filling the form
- Photograph must be a recent passport style colour picture.
- Make sure that the picture is in colour, taken against a light-colored, preferably white, background.
- Look straight at the camera with a relaxed face
- If the picture is taken on a sunny day, have the sun behind you, or place yourself in the shade, so that you are not squinting and there are no harsh shadows
- If you have to use flash, ensure there’s no “red-eye”
- If you wear glasses make sure that there are no reflections and your eyes can be clearly seen.
- Caps, hats and dark glasses are not acceptable. Religious headwear is allowed but it must not cover your face.
- Allowed Photo Size – 3.5 cm x 4.5 cm
- Size of file should be between 10 KB-50 KB
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50KB. If the size of the file is more than 50 KB, then adjust the settings of the scanner such as the DPI resolution, no. of colours etc., during the process of scanning.
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink/jel pen.
- The signature must be signed only by the applicant and not by any other person.
- The signature will be used to put on the Hall Ticket, attendance sheet and wherever necessary.
- If the Applicant’s signature on the answer script, at the time of the examination, does not match the signature on the Hall Ticket, the applicant will be disqualified.
- Dimensions 3.5 cm x 1.5cm (preferred)
- Size of file should be between ( 10KB – 50KB)
- Ensure that the size of the scanned image is not more than 50KB
Syllabus for JKCET 2022
The syllabus of JKCET comprises of depending on the subjects required for the examination. Physics Chemistry Mathematics is required for UG engineering entrance in the state. The NCERT syllabus is to be covered for the Entrance test along with the state board syllabus covered in classes 11th and 12th.
Topics to be covered of the various subjects in JKCET are listed below.
- Physical-World And Measurement
- Laws Of Motion
- Work, Energy, And Power
- Motion Of System Of Particles And Rigid Body
- Properties Of Bulk Matter
- Behaviour Of Perfect Gas And Kinetic Theory
- Oscillations And Waves
- Current Electricity
- Magnetic Effects Of Current And Magnetism
- Electromagnetic Induction And Alt. Currents
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature Of Matter And Radiation
- Atoms And Nuclei
- Electronic Devices
- Communication System
- Chemical Arithmetic & Atomic Structure
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Chemical Kinetics
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Redox Reactions And Electrochemistry
- Solid State & States Of Matter
- Surface Chemistry
- Periodic Properties
- Chemical Bonding And Molecular Structure
- Chemistry Of Representative Elements
- Transition Elements Including Lanthanoides
- Co-Ordination Chemistry
- Nomenclature And Basic Concepts Inorganic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry Based On Functional Group-I
- Organic Chemistry Based On Function Group-Ii
- Organic Chemistry Based On Functional Group-Iii
- Molecules Of Life
- Sets, Relations, And Functions.
- Complex Number; Linear Inequation; Linear Programming.
- Sequence And Series, Permutation And Combination & Binomial Theorem.
- Trigonometric And Inverse Trigonometry Functions.
- Matrices And Determinants.
- Limit, Continuity, And Differentiation.
- Integration And Differential Equations.
- Straight Lines And Conic Sections.
- Statistics And Probability.
- Vectors And Three-Dimensional Geometry.
JKCET 2022 Exam Pattern
JKCET 2022 exam pattern has been listed below.
|Exam Name||Jammu Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET)|
|Exam Date||To be announced|
|Mode of Examination||English|
|Medium of Examination||Pen and paper|
|Sheet type||OMR sheet|
|Marks awarded||1 mark for each right answer|
|Negative marking||0.25 marks for each wrong answer|
JKCET 2022 marks distribution
|SUBJECT NAME||TOTAL MARKS|
JKCET 2022 Preparation Tips
- Download the syllabus from official website. Check out the syllabus properly and understand which are easy sections for you and difficult sections for you.
- Mock Tests will help you understand, where are you lacking. Then prepare accordingly. The best way to start preparing for any exam is to write a mock. This will help one to understand the pattern of the exam and also ones strengths and weakness.
- Make notes of important points only, preparing complete notes is not possible while preparing for JKCET.
- Once you understand the pattern, pick up the books required for preparation. If you have not joined any specific classes, then you can refer to RS Agarwal – Verbal and None Verbal Reasoning and RS Agarwal – Quantitative Aptitude.
- Proper plan with hard work and dedication will definitely make any students to clear the JKCET. Taking numerous mock tests will definitely help you to clear the exams with full confidence.
JKCET 2022 Best Books
JKCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for JKCET 2022 has been provided below. Candidates must check the eligibility and ensure that all the criterion is met.
|AGE CRITERIA||Must be 17 years of age|
|EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION||10+2 or equivalent|
|SUBJECT||PCM &English in 10+2|
|GRADES||must have scored a minimum 50%in PCM &English|
|RESERVATION||SC-ST for 40% in PCM & English|
- Candidate must have Domicile certificate of UT of J&K or ST certificate issued by competent Authority of UT of Ladakh be treated as Domicile certificate of UT of Ladakh
- Candidate must have passed Hr. Sec. Part-II (12th/10+2) or an equivalent examination from a recognized statutory Board/University;
- Candidate must be at least 17 years old on 31st December 2021;
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with at least 50% marks for Open Merit
- Category candidates, including the Children of Defence Personnel, Children of ParaMilitary Forces, Children of Police Personnel of UT of J&K/ Ladakh and candidates possessing outstanding proficiency in Sports and 40% marks for the reserved category candidates belonging to SC/ST/PSP/IB and other Socially and Educationally Backward Classes (RBA/ALC/OSC);
- Candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as their elective subjects in case of admission to B.E/B.Tech. Engineering Courses;
- The candidates appearing in the 10+2 (12th Class) annual examination 2022 can also apply in CET-2022, provided such candidates have qualified the examination at the time of declaration of the result/at the date of counselling as may be notified by the Board. Their CET result shall remain withheld unless they produce the necessary certificate of qualifying for the 10+2 (12th Class) examination;
- The candidates applying under the TFW category are open merit candidates. They must
- fulfil eligibility conditions meant for open merit candidates.
JKCET 2022 Admit Card
BOPEE conducts state level J&K Common Entrance Test (JKCET) every year. JKCET 2022 Admit Card is going to be published on jkbopee.gov.in about 10 days before BOPEE exam date. It has to be printed on coloured photo paper and preserved until the admission process is complete. Candidates can get JKCET 2022 Admit Card offline from any one of BOPEE office by paying some fee. Admission can be downloaded using application number / username and password. A color printed copy of JKCET Admit Card is required to be taken to further admission stage for admission in examination center and B.E./B.Tech course in J&K.
JKCET 2022 Result
JKCET 2022 results will be released after the answer key is uploaded. Candidates who have appeared for the Jammu and Kashmir Common Entrance Test (JKCET) 2022 can view their results on the official website – jkbopee.gov.in. The result will also be available at the BOPEE offices in Srinagar and Jammu. The JKCET 2022 results are going to be published as merit list based on the scores calculated using the answer key. Seats for B.E./B.Tech courses in JKCET Counseling and J&K will be allocated on the basis of this merit list.
JKCET 2022 Reservation
The conducting body releases a list of reservation that they follow for admission into various courses. The category wise reservation has been given below.
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||8%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||10%|
|Weak and Under Privileged Classes||4%|
|Residents of Area Adjoining Actual Line of Control||4%|
|Residents of Backward Area (RBA)||10%|
|Pahari Speaking People||4%|
|Economically Weaker Sections(EWS)||10%|
|Physically Challenged Persons||4%|
JKCET 2022 Cut off
The cutoff for JKCET 2022 varies on various conditions the general cutoff for the candidates to appear for the examination is to gain 50% or more in physics Chemistry Maths and English and for SC and ST 40% or more in the same subjects.
The cutoff for the candidates to take admission in the colleges through JKCET varies from conditions-
1. No. of candidates sitting for the examination
2. No.of Seats are available.
3. The level of JKCET 2022.
4. The cutoffs of last year.
Ans. No, it’s not for MBBS
Ans. Yes. The dates have released. The engineering common entrance exam will be held on May 22, 2022.
Ans.Only candidates who are permanent residents of Jammu and Kashmir State and 50% in PCM
Ans. Jammu & Kashmir Common Entrance Test
Ans.Yes, but comparatively easier than JEE mains