JEE Main Result 2022 – JEE Main Session 1 (April Session) would be released on the official website jeemain.nta.nic.in. Upon availability, candidates would be able to download results by using their JEE Main Application Number and Date of Birth. JEE Main Result would be released in the form of a scorecard, which would have candidate’s – name, application number, roll number, subject wise NTA score, overall percentile etc. JEE Main Session 2 (may session) would also be released later in the same format. After the declaration of Session 1 and Session 2 results a combined JEE Man Rank List (on the basis of candidate’s best score in between the two attempts) would be released. View JEE Main Response Sheet
JEE Main Result 2022
JEE Main results would be declared separately, in the form of scorecards, for Session 1 (April Session) and Session 2 (May Session). Candidates clearing JEE Main Cutoffs would be eligible for the counseling process.
Check Result Here: Link for JEE Main 2022 Session 1 would be available here
JEE Main Result Overview
|JEE Main 2022 Result||Details|
|Exam name||JEE Main 2022|
|Who Announced Result||NTA|
|Result Announcement Mode||Online|
|Where is Result Announced||jeemain.nta.nic.in|
|Credentials Needed to Check Result||Application number and date of birth|
|Details in Result||Candidate’s name, roll number, application form, NTA scores for each subject, NTA score in words, parent’s details.|
JEE Main Result 2022 Date
The JEE Main 2022 schedule has been declared. The dates for the exam and its events are given below.
|JEE Main 2022 Result||Dates|
|Exam Dates||Session 1:
|Result Dates||Session 1:
How to Check JEE Main Result 2022?
JEE Main Result, for both sessions, would be available at the official website of the exam – jeemain.nta.nic.in. Follow the steps given below to download.
Step I : Visit jeemain.nta.nic.in or the link above.
Step II : Enter JEE Main Application Number and Date of Birth.
Step III: JEE Main Result for the particular session would be displayed.
How JEE Main 2022 Raw Score would be calculated?
JEE Main 2022 Raw Scores are calculated on the basis of the marking scheme given below.
JEE Main 2022 Marking Scheme
|Marking Scheme||For MCQ||For Numerical Questions|
|Marks per correct answer||4||4|
|Marks per incorrect answer||-1||-1|
|Marks per un-attempted answer||0||0|
How is Normalized JEE Main Score (NTA Score) Calculated?
Since JEE Main is conducted in multiple shifts, on multiple days, in multiple sessions, normalization process is necessary to reduce any unfair advantage due to the ‘multiplicity’ of question papers. Normalization converts raw scores to JEE Main Percentile,
What is JEE Main Percentile score?
- Percentile scores are scores based on the relative performance of all those who
appear for the examination. The marks obtained are transformed into a scale ranging from 100 to 0
for each session of examinees.
- Percentile Score indicates the percentage of candidates that have scored EQUAL TO OR
BELOW that particular Percentile in that examination.
- The Percentile score will be the Normalized Score for the examination (instead of the raw marks)
of the candidate) and shall be used for the preparation of the merit lists,
- The Percentile Scores will be calculated up to 7 decimal places to avoid the bunching effect and
JEE Main Percentile Formula
JEE Main Tie-Breaker Criteria
Ties arise when candidates obtain the same JEE Main score, to break ties following methods are adopted.
- first preference is given to candidates who score highest in Mathematics and then, to those who score highest in Physics and then to Chemistry,
Note: Earlier, there used to be another criteria for tie breaking based on age of the candidates but has been removed by NTA now.
JEE Main 2022 Rank List
After conclusion of JEE Main May Session (Session 2), a rank list of candidates would be published by NTA.
- Ranks would be allotted on the basis of candidates top score in ANY ONE JEE Main Session.
- The list would be published in the Decreasing order of JEE Main 2022 Rank
- Top 2,50,000 Rank Holders would be eligible for JEE Advanced Examination
JEE Main Qualifying Cutoffs
there are NO Qualifying Cutoffs for JEE Main. However, to qualify for JEE Advanced candidate mush hold 2,50,000 or lower rank in JEE Main 2022. Each participating institute will have its won admission cutoffs for JEE Main. Check Past Year JEE Main Cutoffs
What after Declaration of JEE Main Results 2022?
After the declaration of JEE Main Results, a candidate can:
- Appear for JEE Advanced 2022 if he/she is eligible for it.
- Appear for JEE Main Counseling (through JoSAA)
- Apply for admissions at a private institute on the basis of JEE Main Scores.
JEE Main Counseling 2022
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) conducts JEE main counseling for the candidates.
- To participate candidates have to register separately on the JoSAA website.
- Seats would be allocated on the basis of JEE Main Admission Cutoffs for the participating Institutes.
FAQs on JEE Main Result 2022
JEE Mains results would be available at jeemain.nta.nic.in
NTA Score is the percentile score obtained after normalization of JEE Main Raw Score.
Yes. Separate results would be declared for JEE Main sessions.
Official Website: jeemain.nta.nic.in