IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022 – Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) conducts OPENNET for admission into Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course. The exam is expected to be conducted in April 2022. The duration of the course is 3 years. The exam is held for in-service diploma holder nurses. OPENNET is held in offline mode. On the basis of the marks obtained in the entrance test, the region-wise merit list is prepared. A total of 620 seats are available for admission to Post Basic B.Sc Nursing course offered at IGNOU. Check more information about IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022 from this page such as application process, exam pattern, eligibility criteria etc.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022
Latest – IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022 notification will be released soon.
Overview of IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022
Check the overview of IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022 from the table given below.
|Name of the exam||IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Exam|
|Popularly known as||OPENNET|
|conducting board||Indira Gandhi National Open University|
|Admission sought into||Post Basic B.Sc Nursing|
|Duration of the program||3 years|
|Mode of examination||Offline (pen and paper-based test)|
|Syllabus for the entrance examination||Based on various subjects taught in GNM|
|No. of seats||620|
|Program fee||Rs 20,000(per annum)|
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022 Important Dates
The important dates of the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022 are given in the table below:
|Opening of Application Window||Mar 2022|
|Last day of submission of forms||4th week of Mar 2022|
|Release of OPENNET-IX admit card||1st week of Apr 2022|
|Entrance test||2nd week of Apr 2022|
|Result declaration||to be announced|
|Counseling||to be announced|
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022 Exam Pattern
To ace an exam, primarily one should have an adequate understanding of the examination pattern. Check IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022 exam pattern from below.
- The mode of examination is offline (OMR sheet)
- The question paper consists of 120 Multiple Type Questions.
- Questions will carry one mark each with no negative marking.
- The total allotted time for the examination is 150 minutes.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Before the submission of application forms, candidates please keep a close watch on the criteria for eligibility given below:
- In Service Nurses, ie Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife (RNRM) who have completed 10+2 and three-year diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) course with at least two years of experience after RNRM can apply.
- Male nurses who have not done midwifery should have a certificate in any of the nursing courses of 6-9 months long courses authorized by INC.
- In-servive Nurses, ie Registered Nurse and Registered Midwife (RNRM) who have done matriculation (10th) or its equivalent and three-year diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) course with at least five years of experience in the profession after RNRM are eligible to apply.
- Male Nurses who have not done midwifery in the GNM program should have certificate in any one of the nursing courses of 6-9 months duration as prescribed by INC in Lieu of midwifery.
Age Limit: There is no age bar.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022 Application Form
After the forms are out, it is advisable to register yourself early as the traffic on the site would lead to inconvenience later. The candidates can submit the application form at ignou.ac.in. Carefully read the instructions given below for the error-free submission of IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022 application form,
- Register yourself by clicking on the New Registration and enter the details.
- Once the registration is done, your username and password will be mailed to you ( For subsequent login, remember the username and password).
- Enter the required personal, educational, course-related, and other relevant details.
- Upload the scanned photograph and signature of the prescribed format and size.
- Upon submission of the form, get yourself a copy of the application form.
- Finish the procedure by paying the application fees (Netbanking/Debit/Credit card).
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022 Admit Card
- Keep a regular check on the official site and download the admit card. The examination will be in offline mode and you have to carry the IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022 admit card to the test center compulsorily. The test will be for two and a half hours and results will be published without much delay on the official website. For downloading the admit card:
- Visit the official website of IGNOU and click on Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Admission.
- Enter the control number or mobile number and date of birth.
- Download the admit card and take the printout.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022 Result
Soon after the examination, IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022 result will be declared on the official website of IGNOU. The announcement of the region-wise merit list is followed by tie-breaking and further communication will be through the Regional Centre.
Tie-breaking criteria include:
- Experience (from the date of registration of RNRM)
- GNM (General Nursing and Midwifery) Marks
- Date of Birth
- Draw of lot
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022 Selection Process
The admission to Post Basic B.Sc nursing will be based on the region-wise merit list. The entrance exam is conducted and then processed by SED. The tie-breaking is also done by SED. Counseling and selection are the responsibilities of the Regional centers where PSCs are located.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022 Counseling
After the results are declared, the next process of admission would be initiated by the Regional centers. The process will take place at concerned Regional Centers where opted PSC for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing is located, according to the drawn merit list.
The number of candidates called for counseling will be more than the total seats to fill them completely. The counseling committee will include Regional Directors/ representatives from concerned Regional Centre/s and two local Nursing Experts from that region.
The documents to be submitted at the time of counseling are:
- Original admit card
- Class 10 certificate
- 10+2 pass certificate
- RNRM Registration Certificate
- Experience Certificates
- GNM Mark sheet
- Category Certificate
- Income certificate (for OBC-NCL)
- Two passport size photographs
- Certificate from the organization where you are currently working
- Photocopy of submitted application form
- Demand Draft of INR 20,000 (fees of the first year)
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022 Seats
The total number of seats will vary from PSC to PSC depending upon the approval of the Indian Nursing Council. Presently the number of seats available is 620. If any more PSCs are inspected and added the list will be published on the official website of IGNOU.
The total number of seats given above are according to the last year’s details:
Detailed Seat Intake and Participating Institutions
The seats for Post Basic B.Sc nursing depends on the availability of the Program Study Centers every year. The list of institutions participating in the program as of last year is provided in the table below:
|Sl No.||center name||Number of available seats|
|1||Govt. College of Nursing, King George Hospital Campus, Maharani, Peta, Visakhapatnam – 530002, Andra Pradesh||30|
|2||St Anne College of Nursing, Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh- 520001||30|
|3||KIMS College of Nursing, Survey – 130, Annapoorna Comp., Babujinagar, Bownplly, Secunderabad – AP. – 500011||20|
|4||Regional College of Nursing, PO, Indrapur Guwahati – 781032||30|
|5||RAK College of Nursing, Lajpat Nagar, New Delhi – 110024||30|
|6||Ahilya Bai College of Nursing, Delhi – 110001||25|
|7||LD Arts College (work center at – College of Nursing, New Civil Hospital Campus, Asarwa, Ahmedabad – 380016||30|
|8||Bibi Halima College of Nursing & Medical Technology All J&K Muslim Wakf Board, Zero Bridge, Srinagar – 190010||20|
|9||KLES Institue of Nursing Sciences, Nehru Nagar, Belgaum – 590010, Karnataka||30|
|10||Government College of Nursing, No. 91 D, 1st Main Stage, VI Phase West of Chord Rd Mahagana, Rathynagar Rajajinagar, Bangalore||30|
|11||Narayana Hrudayala College of Nursing, Bangalore||30|
|12||Institute of Nursing Education, Sir JJ Group of Hospital Compound, Byculla, Mumbai – 400 008||30|
|13||Temi Grant Institute of Nursing Education, Ruby Hall, Clinical Grant Medical Foundation 13, Tadiwala Road, Pune – 411001||30|
|14||RIPAN, College of Nursing, Mizoram, Aizwal||15|
|15||Christian Medical College & Hospital, College of Nursing, Ludhiana – 141008, Punjab||30|
|16||Govt College of Nursing, JLN Marg, Jaipur – 302004||30|
|17||College of Nursing, Kanpur – 214879 UP||30|
|18||College of Nursing, SSKM Hospital, Kolkatta||30|
|19||Shova Rani Nursing College 1 F, Raja SC Mullick Road, Jadavpur, Kolkata – 700032||30|
|20||College of Nursing, Sri Ramakrishna Inst. of Paramedical Science, Coimbatore, TN-641044||30|
|21||MA Chidambaram CON, Chennai, TN-6300113||30|
|22||Sri Adiparashakti CON, IGNOU Study Centre, Kanchipuram, TN-603319||30|
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022 Course Fee Structure
An amount of INR 20,000 per annum as program fee is to be paid. The fee is waived off for SC/ST as per the policies. Additional fees for TEE (Term End Examination) also has to be remitted.
The amount for this year will be updated soon once the details are out.
About IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc nursing is conducted through a network of PSCs across the nation that is recognized by the Indian Nursing Council and State Nursing Council. Academic counseling and practicals are supervised by Academic Counselors and Clinical Supervisors in the clinical and community field. Along with theories, self-activities and records are also mandated.
As a part of the practical, students are posted in the hospitals and community fields attached to the PSCs. Contact sessions are compulsory for the program.
In the first year, 416 hours of theory and practical counseling and 672 hours of self-activities are conducted. The following year has 448 hours of theory and practical counseling and 632 hours of self-activities. The final year students have 432 hours of theory and practical counseling and 648 hours of self-activities.
These guidelines are all part of continuous evaluation.
The exam is conducted by Indira Gandhi National Open University which was established by the Parliament Act of 1985. Gradually, it became the largest open university in the world with its courses reputed worldwide. IGNOU made it possible for common people to acquire high-quality education without any discrimination.
FAQs on IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2022
Ans. Post Basic B.Sc nursing IGNOU Entrance exam is conducted in offline mode using an OMR sheet evaluation.
Ans. OPENNET-IX is conducted once every year by the month of March.
Ans. The selection for Post Basic B.Sc nursing IGNOU is done on the basis of merit secured in the entrance examination OPENNAT-IX followed by counseling conducted by the Regional Centre.
Ans. No, there is no age limit to apply.
Ans. There is no negative marking in the Post Basic B.Sc nursing IGNOU Entrance exam. Each correct response will get one mark and incorrect will get zero. The total marks are awarded out of 120.