How to Prepare for XAT 2022 – XAT 2022 consists of 4 sections – Verbal &Logical Ability, Data interpretation & Quantitative Ability, Decision making, General knowledge. It is necessary for the aspirants to know about the syllabus, study material, exam pattern, and preparation strategy to crack XAT 2022, We have provided this article, aspirants can go through this article to know more about How to Prepare for XAT 2022.
How to Prepare for XAT 2022
XAT 2022 Syllabus will have a total of 4 sections ie, Decision making, Verbal & Logical Ability, General knowledge, Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation. Here we have provided all the information and tips about how to prepare for these 4 sections.
XAT Preparation tips for Verbal & Logical Ability
This is the first section which you’ll find in the XAT question paper. Later on, it is sub-divided into – Reading comprehension, Verbal Ability, and Logical Reasoning. Overall there will be total of 26 questions in this section.
- Try to improve your Reading habit, Grammar and Vocabulary too as this section is all about Reading comprehension, Jumbles, Paragraph Formation, Sentence correction etc.
- For Jumble word questions, You all need to do is practice, Practice as many questions as possible. Read the question properly, Try to understand the concept of overall sentence and after this connect them according to the given Paragraph.
- The most recommended book for preparing for this section is Word power made easy by Norman Lewis.
- Improve your command in Synonyms, Antonyms, Sentence correction and completion, Analogies, idioms,p odd words and Spelling corrections.
- Read novels and newspapers on daily basis, Surf on the internet and read blogs. Reading is one of the most important thing which will help you score a better marks in this section.
XAT Preparation tips for Decision Making
Some candidates find this section a little bit confusing since they can’t forecast the exact answer, sometimes they think all the options are anyhow correct and sometimes wrong. The questions in this section can be related to business development or everyday situation. Overall there will be total of 21 questions in this section.
- First of all, don’t predict or assume answers. Take time to think about the situation given in the question and try to answer it in a logical way.
- Go through the last year questions, observe the pattern of the questions, solve it and compare them from the actual answers. Solve and practice this on a daily basis this will surely enhance your command in decision making.
- The answer should not be unethical. Keep this in mind.
- Don’t skip any question only by judging it’s length. Some situation or cases given in the question can be too long but sometimes such questions are comparatively easier. So, give every question an appropriate time.
XAT Preparation tips for Quantitative Ability & Data interpretation
The highest number of questions comes from this section in XAT Examination. Candidates find this section a bit difficult but scoring. Overall, there will be total of 28 questions in this section.
- The Questions are directly linked with the concept, formulas and theory. Make sure you have understood all these in details so that you can solve the questions more efficiently.
- Practice sample questions and past year questions just after completing one topic. Analyze your accuracy, speed and efficiency, take this as a challenge. This will make you more confident while solving questions in the examination hall.
- Also, make a separate notes for important formulas, shortcuts theorems and applications. This will help you at the time of Revision.
- Focus on the topics like Algebra, Profit and loss, Percentage, Interest, Mensuration, Probability, Arithmetic topics like Time and Speed, Time and work.
XAT Preparation tips for General Knowledge
Candidates have to keep themselves updated with current affairs to score well in this section. Also, Questions from Geography, Political science, History, Science & Technology will be there in this section. Overall, there will be total of 25 questions in this section.
- Candidates must need to focus on the topics like National and International affairs, Countries capital and currency, Important date and days, Books and Author, Business and Economy, Who’s who, Awards and Honours.
- Read newspapers and magazines like Business Today, The Hindu, Wall Street Journal, Economic Times etc. on a regular basis and Surf on the internet for updates and informations.
- Give mock and quizzes to check your speed and accuracy. This will enhance your knowledge and ability. Also don’t forget to solve past year question papers.
Overall Preparation Tips for XAT 2022
- At first, One must understand the examination pattern, syllabus and Marking Scheme of XAT 2022.
- After understanding the whole pattern, start studying the topics in which you’re good and that you understand better. This will help you in completing the syllabus more fast.
- After completing the syllabus, Start the revision session. Try to solve previous year questions and sample papers. Give Mock Tests regularly. Analyze your accuracy and speed.
- Don’t assume or predict answers if you’re not very sure about the correct one, as there will be negative marking except in GK Section ie, with every wrong answer your 0.25 marks will deduct. Also, 0.10 marks will be deducted for more than 8 unattempted questions.
- Read blogs, novels, newspapers and editorials. Give more time to the topics you find difficult. Be confident and consistent and achieve your goals.
Recommended Books for XAT 2022 Preparation
For Quantitative Ability and Data interpretation :
|Book Names||Author||Buying Links|
|How to prepare for Data interpretation||Arun Sharma||Click here|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||Abhijit Guha||Click here|
|Data interpretation for the CAT||Nishit K. Sinha||Click here|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive examination||RS Aggarwal||Click here|
For Decision Making
|Book Names||Author||Buying Links|
|Jabbing the XAT (with solved papers)||RK Jha||Click here|
|Target XAT (for previous year question papers and mock tests)||By Disha Experts||Click here|
|Analytical and logical reasoning||By Arihant Publication||Click here|
For Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning
|Book Names||Author||Buying Links|
|Word Power made easy||Norman Lewis||Click here|
|English is easy||Chetananand Singh||Click here|
|Objective General English||RS Aggarwal||Click here|
|Verbal Ability and Reading comprehension||Gautam Puri||Click here|
|Verbal Ability and Reading comprehension||Nishit K. Sinha||Click here|
XAT 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates can refer to the following information for XAT exam pattern 2022,
|Total Number of Questions||100|
|Mode of Examination||Computer-based test (CBT/online)|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Total Number of Sections||Four Sections:
Verbal Ability & Logical Ability, Data interpretation & Quantitative Ability, Decision Making, General Knowledge
|XAT 2022 Marking Scheme||No negative marking in GK Section.
1 mark will be offered for every correct answer.
0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
0.10 marks will be deducted for more than 8 unattempted questions.
XAT Syllabus 2022
According to XAT Exam Pattern, there will be a total of 4 sections in the XAT 2022 syllabus you’ll find in the question paper. Here we have provided the Section-wise syllabus for XAT 2022. To know more about this, Go through the details given below.
Verbal and Logical Ability Syllabus
- Fill in the blanks
- Sentence correction and completion
- Reading comprehension
- Para Jumble
- Pronounciation and Vocabulary
- Close test
- Paragraph Formation
- analytical reasoning
- Situational and business related problems
Quantitative Ability & Data interpretation syllabus
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Profit and Loss
- Permutation and combination
- Time and distance
- Geometry and Bar charts
- Functions and Graphs
General Knowledge Syllabus
- National and International Affairs
- political science
- science and technology
- Currency and Culture
- Important dates and days
- Ecosystem and Diversity
FAQs about How to Prepare for XAT 2022
Answer – There will be a total of 25 questions in the General Knowledge Section.
Answer – As per the latest exam pattern of XAT, There will be a total of 100 questions in the whole question paper.
Answer- XAT Examination is conducted only one time in a year so, annually there will be only one attempt.
Answer – For every wrong answer, your 0.25 marks will be deducted.