How to prepare for UCEED 2022 – Candidates who want to pass with flying colors in UCEED 2022 must practice hard. So here we are with some great tips on how to prepare for UCEED 2022. UCEED is a national level test conducted to provide admissions to students into the B.Des course into various renowned IIT’s of India like IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad, and IIITDM Jabalpur. Therefore , it becomes very important for candidates to know the tips and make a plan for their UCEED 2022 preparation. Scroll down below to know more about tips on how to prepare, toppers secrets and most important topics to prepare for UCEED 2022.
UCEED 2022: Overview
|Full Form||Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design|
|Conducting Body||IIT Bombay|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based (Part B is Offline)|
|No. of Questions||Part A – 240
Part B – 01
|Type of Questions||Part A – NAT, MSQ, and MCQs
Part B – Drawing Question
|Total Duration||Part A – 2 Hour 30 Minutes
Part B – 30 Minutes
How to prepare for UCEED 2022?
Since UCEED 2022 is a design based aptitude exam, therefore a keen interest in design is required. If the candidate has the passion for design and creativity, nothing can stop him/her. Some of the best tips and preparation strategies are given below-
- Toppers Favorite- Practice from Past year Question Papers- Past year questions give you an insight about the balance of the paper, what to attempt and what to leave. And many a times, questions also get repeated especially design aptitude related. So the reason behind toppers success is solving past year question papers.
- Make a strategy for UCEED syllabus-The syllabus of UCEED 2022 comprises of several topics of different genre to test the aptitude level of the candidates. Moreover,the topics are not limited to the prescribed syllabus, candidates need to look on the wider scope and try to cover maximum portion from the syllabus mentioned for Part A of the question paper.
- Important Topics for Part A for UCEED 2022-
- Analytical and Logical Awareness
- Visualization and Spatial Ability
- Environmental and Social Awareness
- Design Thinking and Problem Solving
- Language and Creativity
- Observation and Design Sensitivity
- Focus on Language and Comprehension
This is a scoring part so candidates are advised to practice their language and comprehension skills. They should try solving practice questions in best english books. They should make reading a habit be it magazine, novel or a newspaper.
- Logical Aptitude is Scoring UCEED is an aptitude test where many of the mcqs in the exam are often observation and sense based. Therefore, students really need to brush up their logical and creative thinking skills. There is no prescribed syllabus for this. But the more you pravtise the more ability to solve these questions gets developed.
- Visualization and Drawing Skills- What can really make you stand out in this exam is visualization and drawing skills. In order to crack this exam , excellent drawing skills are necessary. Candidates need to look out for learning important drawing techniques especially used in the visualization and 3D sketches. Working on a perspective is imperative for visualizing daily life object and scenes.
- Expand your power of imagination- The candidates need to have a broader horizon of mindset,they need to have a wider outlook on every design , if they want to pass in UCEED 2022 with flying colours. In order to excel in the part B, out of the box thinking and focusing on every detail of the sketch, can make you stand out.
- Brush up your designing skills –The Part – B of the UCEED 2022 question paper consist of a question based on drawing and sketching skills. This is the make or break question as it’s a very scoring question. Since candidates need to put their best foot forward in this question, they can practice with the help of design courses / videos available on youtube or through other guides.
- Work on your speed – Candidates need to work on their speed so as to try and cover maximum questions. Part A of the exam is very lengthy and hence, students need to pull their socks up.
Important Books to Prepare For UCEED 2022
Candidates can plan their topic wise study with the help of books. Books can provide a direction to your studies and can help you prepare effectively.
|Name of Book||Amazon link|
|UCEED Design Environment & Social Awareness In Design Perspective||
|UCEED Mock Test Series||
|UCEED B.Des Entrance Test Books and Revision Series||
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||
|NIFT/Nata/Ceed/Uceed Entrance Books-Analytical Ability||
|Word Power Made Easy||Buy Here|
UCEED 2022 Exam Pattern
Here is the subject wise distribution of topic for the UCEED 2022 examination.
Exam pattern of part-A
|Section||Type of questions||Number of question||Total marks for the section|
|1||Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||18||72|
|2||Multiple select question (MSQ)||18||72|
|3||Multiple choice question (MCQ)||32||96|
Exam pattern of part-B
|Type of question||Number of questions||Total marks|
About UCEED 2022
Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay conducts UCEED examination to offer admissions to students into the undergraduate design courses annually. The question paper of UCEED 2022 consist of 2 parts ie Part A, which is computer based test (CBT mode) and Part B is sketching test. IIT Bombay also conducts CEED to offer admissions to students in postgraduate design courses.