How to Prepare for Manipal MET 2022 – Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) conducts the MET every year. MET is conducted for admission to undergraduate engineering courses offered at Manipal University. Each year, more than 50 thousand candidates take this computer-based test. As the competition is high, it is very important for the candidates to have a good preparation strategy to pass the MET 2022, Candidates who will have a perfect study plan to crack MET will definitely succeed in the exam. So here are some important general tips for preparing for MET 2022, tips by category, and much more. Scroll down to know the guideline.
How to Prepare for Manipal MET 2022
Before starting the exam preparation, candidates should know about the exam pattern of MET 2022. The exam pattern for MET 2022 consists of the details related to the exam structure & question pattern including the exam mode, exam duration, marking scheme, the number of questions , etc. This is a computer-based exam of 2 hours and 20 minutes. In this examination, 200 multiple-choice questions are asked over four sections- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English & General Aptitude. The marking scheme is – 4 marks are awarded for each correct answer and 1 mark is deducted for each wrong answer.
Paper Pattern of MET 2022
|Sections||Number of Questions|
|English & General Aptitude||30|
Preparation Tips for MET 2022
To prepare for MET 2022 candidates need to follow a preparation plan. We have provided some preparation tips on the basis of interviews of different toppers and exam experts.
Understand Exam Pattern and Syllabus– Candidates must understand the exam pattern and syllabus of MET 2022 well. Understanding the exam pattern and syllabus will give an idea to the aspirants that what they have to prepare or not.
Time Management– It is important that the candidates divide the syllabus such that each and every section and topic gets much time after knowing the syllabus. Aspirants are also advised to make a timetable to efficiently cover each and every topic.
Important Books– Candidates should start with their MET preparation with some important books as the exam has questions based on the class 12th syllabus. NCERT book is very helpful for this examination. After this book, aspirants can take up other important books mentioned on the page.
Mock tests and Sample papers– All the aspirants must attempt more and more MET mock tests and sample papers. Mock tests and sample papers are based on the actual pattern of the exam.
Revision– All the aspirants must divide extra time to revise everything they have studied because revision is the key to success. You can also make short notes for important formulas and keep revising them.
How to Prepare for MET 2022 – Chemistry
If you want to apply for MET 2022, you have to know to preparation tips for preparing yourself better which are mentioned below.
- In this Chemistry section, 50 number of questions are asked in the examination hall.
- Aspirants should remember important equations, formulas, values etc. in Chemistry & learn to implement them in solving questions.
- In addition you must have to keep a clear understanding of fundamental concepts of Chemistry is key to secure higher marks in the paper.
- Aspirants have to practice the previous year question papers of the Chemistry section which can make yourself prepared for examination.
How to Prepare for MET 2022 – Physics
Check the preparation tips for physics below.
- In this section, 50 number of questions are asked in the examination hall.
- All the aspirants of MET 2022 are advised to clear out any confusion to understanding of the fundamentals of 10+2 Physics topics such Electronic Devices, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Units and Measurement etc.
- It is advised that you can take reference from the previous year papers of MET Physics.
- One of the most important part is not to forget practice numerical problems and memorize the important formula, equations etc.
How to Prepare for MET 2022 – Mathematics
Candidates prepare themselves for a better way. Check the tips below-
- In the mathematics section, total 70 questions are asked.
- Candidates have to apply basic intuition and problem solving skills to attempt this section.
- You have to attempt mock test for this.
- you can practice previous years question paper In this mathematics section.
- Candidates are advised to remember important equations, formulas, theorems, values etc.
How to Prepare for MET 2022 – English
Students have to prepare for English better for this examination. Check the preparation below for this examination.
- In the English section, total 30 questions are asked.
- Candidates have to practice all the grammar syllabus wise everyday.
- In addition, keep memorize the synonyms and antonyms.
- You have to attempt several mock tests and have to practice the previous year’s question papers for this examination.
Best Books for MET 2022
Students who wish to apply for the MET 2022 can follow the best books for MET 2022 given below. This book shall help you to prepare well for this examination.
Best Books For Physics
|Concepts of Physics Part-1, HC Verma||Buy Here|
|Concepts of Physics Part-2, HC Verma||Buy Here|
|Understanding Physics (Volume-1), (Volume-2) DC Pandey||Buy Here|
|Optics and Modern Physics, DC Pandey||Buy Here|
Best Books For Mathematics
|Algebra (Arihant), SK Goyal||Buy Here|
|Trigonometry, Geometry Books, IA Maron||Buy Here|
|Class XII Mathematics, RD Sharma||Buy Here|
|NCERT mathematics book||Buy Here|
Best books for Chemistry
|Organic Chemistry, Morrison Boyd||Buy Here|
|A modern approach to chemical calculations, RC Mukherjee||Buy Here|
|Inorganic Chemistry, OP Tandon||Buy Here|
|Physical Chemistry, P. Bahadur||Buy Here|
Best book for English
|Wren & Martin High School English Grammar and Composition Book||Buy Here|
|Objective General English by SP Bakshi||Buy Here|
|Quick Learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|General Aptitude, RS Agarwal||Buy Here|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal||Buy Here|
|All In One English Core||Buy Here|
MET 2022 Syllabus
it is important to know the syllabus well before starting your preparation. We are provided the MET 2022 syllabus here. Candidates can check the details of the MET syllabus below.
- Physics ,
- Units and Measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work and Energy, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Properties of Bulk Matter, Thermodynamics, Behavior of Perfect Gases and Kinetic Theory of Gases, Oscillations and Waves, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current, Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter, Gravitation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems, and Experimental Skills.
- Physical Chemistry: Basic concepts in Chemistry, States of matter, Gaseous state, Liquid state, Solid state, Atomic structure, Chemical bonding, Molecular structure, Ionic bonding, Covalent bonding, Chemical Kinetics, Metallic bonding, Hydrogen bonding, Solutions, Equilibrium, Redox reactions and Electrochemistry , Surface Chemistry, Catalysis, Colloids, Chemical Thermodynamics.
- Organic Chemistry: Purification and characterization of organic compounds, Basic principles of organic chemistry, Nomenclature, Electronic displacement in a covalent bond, Types of organic reactions, Hydrocarbons, Phenols and Ethers, Alkanes, Alkenes, Alkynes, Aromatic hydrocarbons, Organic compounds containing halogens, Organic compounds containing Oxygen, Alcohols, Aldehyde and Ketones, Carboxylic Acids, Organic compounds containing Nitrogen, Amines, Diazonium salts, Polymers, Biomolecules, Carbohydrates, Proteins, Vitamins, Nucleic Acids, Chemistry in everyday life (Chemicals in medicine, Chemicals in food, Cleansing agents) .
- Inorganic Chemistry: Principles and processes of metal extractions, Periodic properties, P-block elements, Hydrogen, S-block elements, Group 13-18, d and f block elements, Environmental chemistry, Lanthanoids, Actinoids, Coordination compounds.
- Experiments: Detection of extra elements in organic compounds, detection of the functional groups – hydroxyl (alcoholic and phenolic), carbonyl (aldehyde and ketone), carboxyl and amino groups in organic compounds, Acid – Base titrations, use of indicators, redox titrations and their indicators, cations and anions.
- Sets, Relations And Functions: Sets, Relations and functions, Trigonometric functions, Inverse trigonometric functions, Algebra, Principle of mathematical induction, Complex numbers and quadratic equations, Linear inequalities, Permutations and combinations, Binomial theorem, Sequence and series, Matrices, Determinants, Coordinate Geometry, Vectors And Three-dimensional Geometry, Straight lines, Conic sections, Vectors, Three-dimensional geometry, Coordinate Geometry, Vectors And Three-dimensional Geometry: Straight lines, Conic sections, Vectors, Three-dimensional geometry, Mathematical Reasoning, Statistics And Probability, Linear Programming.
- Tenses, Modals, Subject-verb concord, Pronouns, Sentence structure, Usages in English (Commands and requests, Statements, Questions), Clauses, Determiners, Prepositions, Vocabulary (Synonyms, Antonyms, Spellings, One-word substitutions).
About MET 2022
Manipal Entrance Test (MET), also known as MAHE-MET which is conducted by Manipal Academy of Higher Education (formerly Manipal University) for admission to various programs at Manipal Academy of Higher Education. There will be only one attempt for all candidates. After the Covid-19 situation, Manipal Entrance Test will be converted now be an online Remote Proctored Test (RPT). Manipal University offers admission into various UG courses in different fields. MET is conducted in two phases. This examination is a university-level entrance test.
FAQs for MET 2022 Preparation
Ans. NCERT book is the best book for this examination.
Ans. According to the previous year, the syllabus will be based on the papers of English, Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics.
Ans- You should try to solve the maximum of MET sample papers and mock tests. Also, take the proper revision of all the important chapters. Avoid studying any new topics at the last hour.
Ans- Yes, you can prepare for MET in 3 months if you work hard.
Ans- To prepare for MET, you should first be thorough with the syllabus. Your basic fundamentals in all three subjects should be clear. Apart from this, you should be aware of exam patterns, marking schemes, important topics to be covered, books to refer to, and much more.