How to Prepare for ILSAT 2022 – The preparation strategy for ILSAT 2022 is quite similar to that of other law entrance exams such as CLAT, AILET etc. It is a national level entrance exam for admissions in Law UG and PG courses. The exam is conducted online for 120 minutes. The entrance test will check the candidate’s response towards different topics such as Legal Reasoning, English, Reasoning Knowledge etc. So, in this article, we have provided a lit of strategies and tips to crack ILSAT Exam. Therefore, go through the article carefully.
How to Prepare for ILSAT 2022
ILSAT is an abbreviation of ICFAI Law Admission Test. It is a National-Level Entrance Exam for law students. The exam is conducted by the ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education (IFHE) Hyderabad. Candidates qualifying this law entrance test can get admission in 5-year integrated undergraduate law courses and 2-year postgraduate courses in state law colleges which are affiliated with it.
ILSAT 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates appearing for this exam must be aware of the examination scheme. The questions asked in the admission test will be based on the pattern maintained by the conducting body. Hence, the exam pattern of ILSAT 2022 is as follows-
- Exam Mode – The admission test takes place online.
- Question Paper Type – Multiple Objective Type Questions
- Language Mode – English
- Sections – English, Legal Reasoning, Logical and Analytical Reasoning, Aptitude, and General Knowledge and Current Affairs.
- Total Number of Questions – 125
- Negative Marking – There is no negative marking. Each question carries 1 mark.
Syllabus of ILSAT 2022
The syllabus is not fixed for ILSAT. However, the topics and questions will be almost similar to that of other Law Exams. Thus, the ILSAT 2022 Syllabus is as follows-
This section consists of questions focusing on different areas such as – vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms, idioms and phrases, one word substitution, reading comprehension, error spotting, spell check etc.
This section comprises of the topics such as history, geography, general science, economics, latest events etc. The objective of this section is to assess candidate’s knowledge of recent happenings, and awareness of the world.
This section tests the candidate’s interest towards study of law. The questions are framed with the help of legal prepositions, and set of facts. Some prepositions may true or may not be real. Thus, the applicants have to assume the fact of these prepositions and answer the questions with well-supported conclusions.
Logical and Analytical Reasoning
This section tests the candidate’s ability to identify patterns, logical links, and rectify illogical arguments. It includes questions related to wide analogies, rules and principles with well supported conclusions.
How to Prepare for ILSAT 2022 -General Tips and Tricks
In this section, we have listed out some tips that can help the candidates to strategise and manage their ILSAT Preparation in the best way.
Make an effective study plan
Plan a schedule and divide the courses and topics into small segments. Allocate a timeline for each topic and set priority. Keep time for daily revising so that you stay acquired with each topics till the exam date.
Start preparing for the exam at least 6 months before the exam. This will help the candidate to focus on each chapter properly.
Take online mock tests
After completing each chapter/topic take subject-wise mock tests online. This will help the candidate to improve their accuracy of attempting the questions.
Practice Previous Year Question Papers
Practice old question papers to be well acquired with the exam pattern, syllabus, and marking scheme.
Go through the exam pattern and syllabus of ILSAT
Candidates appearing for ILSAT 2022 but be well acquired with the exam pattern, topics and sub-topics. The syllabus is not assigned by the conducting body. However, looking at the previous question paper, we have listed out the important topics that can be prepared for the exam.
Section-Wise Preparation Tips for ILSAT 2022
Before starting preparing for ILSAT 2022, we advise the candidates to go through the sample test questions and become familiar with the kind of questions asked. Try to figure out the answers and check along with it, also check your mistake areas if you got your answer incorrect. In this section, we have provided preparation strategies for each section.
Preparation Tips for ILSAT 2022 English
- To make your vocabulary strong, make sure that you know the meanings of that particular word as well. First pick three to five words and write down their synonyms and antonyms. Practice using those words in various sentences to grab the context. In this way, you can make your vocabulary strong and useful to crack any entrance exams for law.
- Write down spellings on a daily basis to make your spell check and error spotting. Read novels and and practice error correction from online passages. Do at least two daily to improve your attempting level.
- For grammar, learn and take practice tests from books and online. Read well-edited articles and press releases to understand the grammar rules.
- Reading comprehension is quite time taking but also mark-fetching. Maintain a deadline while answering any comprehension passage. Practice at least two daily to improve your attempt speed. Read the questions first, before the passage and make a mental note of all the important details in the comprehension.
Logical and Analytical Reasoning Preparation Tips for LSAT 2022
- Logical Reasoning is the most time consuming section. Therefore, you need to be smart and quick while attempting the questions.
- To start with, pick a topic. Understand the basics and jot down the formulas required to implement.
- Start with fundamentals and examples. Use tricks to solve that particular chapter.
- Practice daily 10 to 15 questions. Revise the formulas and tricks for smart completion of this section.
- Take online logical reasoning tests to manage time.
Preparation Tips for ILSAT 2022 GK/Current Affairs
- This is the easiest section, if you are aware with the recent activities and events.
- Read newspapers daily to stay updated with the awareness programs.
- Make notes of the general knowledge topics. This will help you in the last-minute preparation and revision.
Preparation Tips for Legal Reasoning
- This section is a bit crucial and tough.
- Make notes all the law activities, terms, definitions, legal prepositions etc.
- Read law papers, magazines to be well-refined with the latest updates in the Law field.
Best Books for ILSAT 2022
Here, the students can find out the best books for ILSAT Preparation. These books are a combination of mock tests, subject-wise preparation etc.
|Self-Study Guide for LLB Exam Preparation by Arihant||Buy Here|
|General Knowledge 2022 by Manohar Pandey||Buy Here|
|Oswaal UG CLAT, LLB Mock test Papers||Buy Here|
|Signal Solved Papers for LLM and other exams||Buy Here|
|Wiley ExamXpert Legal Reasoning Book||Buy Here|
|A Modern Approach to Legal Reasoning by RS Agarwal||Buy Here|
|Shortcuts in reasoning by Disha Experts||Buy Here|
|Legal Awareness and Legal Reasoning Book by Pearson||Buy Here|
|Mastering the National Law Admissions Test by Mark Shepherd||Buy Here|
|iSuceed One-liner Current Affairs||Buy Here|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||Buy Here|
|Unlock your Power and 30 days to better English by Norman Lewis||Buy Here|
|Wiley’s ExamXpert Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Buy Here|
|English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin||Buy Here|
How to Prepare for ILSAT 2022 – FAQs
Answer- The dates of the exam will be announced soon.
Answer- There is no particular syllabus for ILSAT 2022. However, we have provided the important topics chapters based on previous year question papers.
Answer – The ILSAT is conducted online for a time duration of 2 hours.
Answer – The questions will be asked from English, Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Analytical Reasoning, and GK/Current Affairs.
Answer- The syllabus of Legal Reasoning are – Legal matters on social issues, legal and moral issues, and factual based passages.
Answer- No, there is no negative marking for the wrong answers.
Answer- Start with the order of easy to difficult. Attempt the question which you find easy first. This will save a lot of time for checking the answers.