How To Prepare for IIITH PGEE 2022 – The Indian Institute of Information Technology Hyderabad Post Graduate Entrance Examination (IIITH PGEE) 2022 is set to begin its examination process from the 3rd week of February 2022, with the final examination taking place towards the 1st week of July 2022. All aspiring candidates must understand that to score well in such a competitive examination, candidates must have a routine plan and prepare with utmost focus and discipline. Knowledge of the syllabus, exam pattern, solving previous year questions, etc. are crucial pointers that all candidates must keep into consideration while their preparation. Read the article below to know about tips, strategies, best books, syllabus, etc.
How to Prepare for the IIITH PGEE 2022?
Before one makes a proper structure for how to study for the examination, all candidates must have a good understanding of the exam pattern, and plan their strategy accordingly. The below given table lays out the basic structure about the exam pattern:
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Number of Papers||2 (General Aptitude Section and Subject Wise Section)|
|Duration of the Examination||3 hours (90 minutes for each Paper)|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Marks for Correct Answer||1 (One)|
|Marks for Incorrect Answer||0|
IIITH PGEE 2022 Syllabus
Each candidate has to give two papers for the IIITH PGEE 2022 :
- General Aptitude Test
- Subject Aptitude Test
For the general aptitude paper, students have to attempt basic aptitude, logical reasoning and basic questions on computers and mathematics. Candidates are required to attempt questions on subject paper from one of the following subjects:
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Civil Engineering
The candidates can find a detailed explanation of the entire syllabus here,
IIITH PGEE 2022 Best Books
The below given table gives out the best reccomended books for candidates to prepare for the IIITH PGEE 2022 Examination.
|General Aptitude: RS Agarwal or GATE book||Click Here|
|Discrete Mathematics: Johnsonbaugh or Rosen||Click Here|
|Digital Integrated Circuits by Rabaey||Click Here|
|Computer Organization: Hamacher or Stallings||Click Here|
|Programming: C by Dennis Ritchie||Click Here|
|M.Morris Mano for Computer System Architecture||Click Here|
|Introduction to the Design and Analysis of Algorithms
by Anany Levitin
IIITH PGEE 2022 Preparation Tips
Here are some tips which all candidates can find helpful in the preparation for the upcoming IIITH PGEE 2022 examination, which are as follows :
- All candidates must have a very good understanding of the syllabus and examination structure, it only makes it easier to lay out the entire study strategy according to it
- Candidates must practice previous year examinations and mock tests, as not only does it help to gauge your timing, it also helps a candidate to get an idea of how the paper will be and it’s overall structure.
- Routine structure for study plan will lead a candidate to complete the entire syllabus well before time for revision. Time must be realistically divided for both, study and relaxing/leisure.
- A well balanced dietary habit is a must for all aspiring candidates, especially during such a competitive examination preparation
- Exercise must be included in one’s lifestyle, even if it is as short as 15-30 minutes a day. An active body will allow the candidate to perform at full productivity
- Analyzing one’s weak subjects and working on them is the best way to work on your overall preparation.
- Towards the end, all candidates must make it a point that they do their revision. Through revision is crucial for sitting in these kinds of examinations. While preparing their schedule, students should make it a point that they include sufficient time for revision everyday. Stronger the revision, the higher the chances of getting a decent rank at the examination.