HSEE 2022 Preparation – When taking an exam, a student’s preparation is very important. The key to acing an exam is proper preparation. While preparing for a test, students must create timetables and methods for their preparation. Simply studying for the exam will not help a candidate achieve a high score. As a result, if a candidate wants to do well in an exam, he or she must begin preparing early. In comparison to a student who did not follow a good preparatory plan, a student who prepared well by following a correct plan and timetable performed highly in a test. This article will help students prepare well for HSEE 2022 which will be conducted in the 2nd week of August.
How to Prepare for HSEE 2022
It is not always sufficient to have a full understanding of the syllabus. Candidates must also devise a plan. You will find all of the necessary information in this article.
HSEE 2022 Exam Overview
The table below gives students appearing for HSEE 2022 an overview of the exam.
|Exam Name||Humanities and Social Science Exam|
|Governing Body||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras|
|Occurrence of the Exam||Annually|
|Mode of Exam||Part I- Online
Part II- Online/Offline
|Duration of Exam||Part I- 150 minutes
Part II- 30 minutes
|Number of Questions||Part I- 144
Part II- 1
|Total Marks||Part I- 144|
|Type of Questions||Part I- Multiple Choice Questions
Part II- Essay Writing
|Syllabus||English, Quantitative and Analytical Aptitude, General Studies and Essay Writing|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for correct answer
-0.25 for wrong answer
0 marks for unanswered questions
(applicable only for Part I)
Preparation Tips for HSEE 2022
Students who are taking the HSEE 2022 exam should follow the instructions mentioned below in order to do well in the exam.
- Making a timetable: It is vital for students to create a schedule before beginning their studies. Making a timetable assists students in understanding how to allocate their time to classes based on the amount of time they have. Students can readily grasp how to divide their time between challenging and easy topics. They can divide the time they have available for different topics and take equal breaks. To avoid any confusion , the first step is to create a strong timetable. This also encourages students to study hard for the exam.
- Managing time: When it comes to taking tests, time management is very important. It’s important to manage your time well and finish the exam within the allotted time. As a result, students must commit time to the subjects/topics they choose to study within a specific time frame. This allows candidates to complete the portion on time and give time for revision. Students can prevent last-minute preparation by allocating time for each subject and begin revising for the exam long in advance.
- Preparing notes: Students must take notes and prepare sheets while studying in order to remember information. Making notes helps students memorize information. It also enables examinees to quickly revise from their prepared notes. As a result, taking notes can assist students with last-minute revisions.
- Mock tests and sample papers: It is important for students to take as many practice tests as possible and to solve sample papers. This will provide candidates a better understanding of the exam format and questions that will be asked on the main exam. Students can manage their time to complete the paper within the time limit by attempting mock papers and sample papers. Students can complete their main exam within the allotted time and avoid last-minute submissions by doing so.
- Good health: During exam time, students must take good care of their health. They must get enough rest. Students should not be stressed and should plan ahead of time. It is essential to get enough sleep and eat adequately in order to concentrate well throughout the exam.
- Confidence: Before taking an exam, it’s also crucial to have faith and confidence in yourself. Students must maintain their self-assurance and avoid self-doubt. Nervousness hinders a student’s ability to do effectively in a test. An examinee should never compare his or her preparation to that of others. Comparing oneself to others causes one to withdraw. As a result, confidence is just as vital as preparation before taking an exam.
HSEE 2022 Study Plan
It is recommended that students create a study plan for the exam they are taking. A study plan is a timetable that assists an examinee in properly allocating time for preparation. Candidates taking the HSEE 2022 must study from books recommended by professionals and coaching institutions. He or she should attempt as many mock papers as possible in order to gain a better understanding of the time limit. They should devote time to each section in order to be thorough in that subject. To do well in the exam, students could look into toppers interviews and follow the plans given out by them. By using all of these strategies, the candidate will be confident in his or her ability to take the exam.
Best Books for HSEE 2022
|English and Essay Writing||Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis, Objective English by Edgar Thorpe and Showick Thorpe, Wren and Martin High School Grammar|
|Analytical and Quantitative Aptitude||A modern approach to verbal and non-verbal reasoning by S. Chand, Quantitative aptitude by RS Agarwal, Course in mental ability and quantitative aptitude by Edgar Thorpe, 8th, 9th, 10th NCERT course books|
|General Studies||Modern History by Bipin Chandra, Class 12 NCERT Contemporary Political Science textbook, Class 12 NCERT Indian Economic Development, Introduction to Macro Economics by Sandeep Garg, The Hindu, The Economist|
HSEE 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates should be familiar with the exam pattern for the exam they are taking. To prepare effectively for the exam, you should have a good understanding of the distribution of marks, sections, marking scheme, and exam pattern. This allows candidates to set aside time for portions that require additional preparation. The exam pattern for HSEE 2022 is as follows:
- Type of Questions: Part I- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)/ Part II- Essay Writing
- Exam Mode: Part I- Online/ Part II- Online or Offline
- Duration: Part I- 150 minutes/ Part II- 30 minutes
- Total number of questions: Part I- 144/ Part II- 1
- Marks allotted to each question: Part I- 1 mark each question/ Part II- 30 marks
- Negative marking: -0.25 for every wrong answer (applicable only for Part I)
- Total marks: Part I- 144
The mark distribution for HSEE 2022 Part 1 is given below:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Quantitative and Analytical Aptitude||36||36|
HSEE 2022 Syllabus
Before taking an exam, students should be well-versed in the syllabus. The syllabus outlines the subjects, chapters, subtopics, and units that must be studied in order to score well in the exam. The syllabus for HSEE 2022 is English, Quantitative and Analytical Aptitude, General Studies and Essay Writing. Candidates appearing for HSEE 2022 should prepare the following subjects thoroughly. Subject wise topics for the exam are as follows:
|english||Reading skills, Grammar, Vocabulary|
|Analytical and Quantitative Aptitude||Numbers, Algebra, Highest Common Factor (HCF), Lowest Common Factor (LCM), Basic Statistics, Ratio and Proportion, Calendar, Percentages, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, Age sums, Work and Time, Linear Equations, Trigonometry, Data Interpretation, Logical and Analytical reasoning, Brainteasers, Patterns|
|General Studies||Indian Economy, India society and Culture, World affairs, Environment and Ecology|
|Essay Writing||Topics for essay writing are based on current affairs and general knowledge. Wherever possible, the essay should establish an argument, demonstrate a clear point of view, and be strongly supported up with examples|
FAQs on HSEE 2022 Preparation
The syllabus for HSEE 2022 is English, Quantitative and Analytical Aptitude, General Studies and English.
Candidates must take mock examinations and sample papers while setting a timer to ensure that they complete the exam in the allotted time. Candidates should not devote too much time to answering a single question. If a candidate is unable to answer a question, they must move on to the next one and then attempt the unanswered questions at the end. To conserve time and complete the exam within the time limit, applicants must first attempt questions in which they are confident, and then attempt questions in which they are not confident at the end.
Examinee must practice writing or typing as much as they can as per their choice of mode of examination. They must read as many books as they can as the syllabus for essay writing will be general topics. Candidates will have an idea of writing if they read various novels and newspapers. Candidates must practice to write minimum of 1-2 articles per day. These tips will help candidate to score well in essay writing.
It is not compulsory for candidates to join a coaching institute. If the examinee is thorough with all the subjects and topics that will be asked in the examination, he/she does not require coaching. However, if a candidate is unsure of certain topics and finds them difficult to learn, he/she can approach a coaching center for assistance.