How to Prepare for HARTRON SETC 2022: The Haryana State Electronics Development Corporation Limited conducts the State Eligibility Test in Computer Appreciation & Applications (HARTRON SETC) 2022. The test is conducted as post requisite qualification for Clerks, Steno-typists, Junior Scale Stenographers & Senior Scale Stenographers. It is a very competitive exam and requires thorough preparation. So, a candidate needs to understand all the basic as well as relevant details regarding the exam. From this page, check the tips and tricks on how to prepare for HARTRON SETC 2022,
How to Prepare for HARTRON SETC 2022
The HARTRON SETC is a state-level examination conducted every year for clerks, Steno-typists, Junior Scale stenographers & Senior Scale stenographers so that they can achieve a hundred percent IT literacy in Govt. offices. The exam is also held to grant increment in their pay scale. There will be a considerable amount of competition and attending without preparing well is not advisable. In order to prepare well, all the aspirants should be aware of the syllabus, exam pattern, preparation strategy, tips and tricks etc.
The following tips may prove to be helpful for the candidates to attend the exam well:
- Go through the whole syllabus: One of the first things to do while planning for the preparation is to know the full syllabus. This applies to almost every competitive objective-type question-based exam. A good understanding of the whole syllabus will enable a student to devise a good preparation strategy and set the timetable for it.
- Refer to good external books: There are a lot of books available in the market about SETC preparation. Select the good books out of them for reference.
- Practice MCQs section-wise: Try to attempt MCQs on each topic after studying about them. This will be a good way of cementing the topics studied so far.
- Concentrate on weighted subjects: Go through the exam pattern, refer to previous year papers to understand the weightage of each section. And then, concentrate on the sections carrying the most weightage as this will enable the candidate to answer more number of questions.
- Solve previous year’s papers and mock papers: Solving previous year’s papers and mock test papers will be a huge motivation booster for the aspirants as they will get a basic idea of the difficulty level as well as the time limit allowed for attempting each question.
- Practice Typing: Candidates who pass the computer knowledge test will be eligible for the typing test. So, before attempting, practice at home on Note Pad / Word and calculate the typing speed to know where you stand.
HARTRON SETC 2022 Exam pattern
SETC 2022 consists of two parts:
An objective type Computer Knowledge Test consisting of 50 questions with four options of answers in English language only. The pass percentage for Computer Knowledge Test shall be 50%.
|1||Introduction to Computer|
|2||Introduction to Windows|
|7||WWW and Web Browsers|
|8||Introduction to E-mail|
Only those candidates who have passed Part 1 (Computer knowledge test) will be eligible for attending Part 2 (Typing test). Typing Speeds of 30 words per minute in English and 25 words per minute in Hindi converted with equivalent key depressions in both cases, as the typing speed would be tested on a computer.
Speed test in typing in English or Hindi is of five minutes duration. A candidate has to appear for a speed test in typing in English or Hindi or both languages. The candidate should specify his/her language option(s) for speed test in typing in the application form in the specified column. The Hindi typing test shall be conducted in the KRUTI DEV 010 font.
HARTRON SETC 2022 Syllabus
The HARTRON board release the syllabus of the SETC exam along with the release of the announcement notification. It is available to download as PDF file. Candidates can download it from the official site hartronservices.com. It is as follows:
1. Introduction to Computer
- What is Computer
- Components of a Computer System
- Introduction to Computer Peripherals
- Concepts of Hardware and Software
- Classifications of Computers
2. Introduction to Windows
- Operating System
- Operating System and Basics of Windows
- Start Button and Menu selection etc.
- Windows Setting
- Advanced Windows
- Using Multimedia
3. Word Processing
- Word Processing Basics
- Opening Documents and Closing Documents
- Display/ Hiding of Paragraph Marks
- Text Creation and editing
- Formatting the Text
- Table Manipulation
- Mail Merge
- Elements of Electronic Spread Sheet
- Manipulation of Cells
- Spread Sheets for Small Accountings
- Introduction to PowerPoint, What is PowerPoint, starting PowerPoint, creating and
- opening a presentation
- PowerPoint views, moving between slides, saving/ closing a presentation, exiting
- Creating a new presentation using the auto content wizard and slide layout. Creating a new presentation using different layouts
- Customizing Presentation:- changing the text formats, adding bullets, aligning text
- Formatting Slides:- Using Color Schemes, Background Color and Designs, Adding
- Pictures/ Graphics on Slide
- Adding Header and Footer, changing slide layouts
- Adding charts of different types to slide, organization chart, slide show
- Using slide transition:- giving timing, sound and adding animations to slides and using
- preset animations
- Using Drawing Toolbar
- Slide Master View
- Using Custom Animation:- Animating pictures and Text with Sound effects
- Using Page Setup and printing
- Basic of Computer networks
- Internet service providers (ISP)
7. WWW and Web Browsers
- World Wide Web (WWW)
- Web Browser
- Search Engine and Surfing the Internet
8. Introduction to E-mail
- Basic of Electronic Mail
- Creating a new e-mail account
- What is an electronic mail
- Sending & checking mails
- Document Handling
- Visiting various sites
Best books for HARTRON SETC 2022
Referring to external books is a good way of understanding the topics well. They can also help the candidates to solve MCQs based on these topics. Students can check the books given below to prepare well for HARTRON SETC 2022.
|SETC: Haryana State Eligibility Test in
Computer Appreciation & Applications (Popular Master Guide)
|RPH Editorial Board||Check Price|
|OBJECTIVE Computer Awareness||Arihant Experts||Check Price|
|Computer Knowledge||Shikha Agrawal||Check Price|
|PGT Guide Computer Science Recruitment Examination||Arihant Experts||Check Price|
FAQs on How to Prepare for HARTRON SETC 2022
A. No. Only the candidates who have passed the Computer knowledge test will be eligible for attending the typing test.
A. No. Usually all the questions are asked from within the syllabus only.
A. The pass percentage for Computer Knowledge Test shall be 50%.
A. The test comprises multiple-choice questions.