How to Prepare for FDST 2022: The Foreign Dental Screening Test (FDST) is conducted by the National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences (NBEMS). The level of competition for the exam requires thorough preparation. Candidates attending the exam should be aware of everything ranging from the syllabus and exam pattern to the best books available for the preparation of FDST 2022. In order to prepare for the exam, the candidates must decide the strategy well in advance. This could include completing the syllabus 6 months before the exam, solving at least 10 mock tests before the exam, making short notes with well-explained diagrams etc. It is a computer-based test that comprises multiple-choice questions. From this article, candidates will get to know the strategy of how to prepare for FDST 2022,
How to Prepare for FDST 2022
Since the exam is attended by many candidates every year, in order to prepare well, all the aspirants should be aware of the syllabus, exam pattern, preparation strategy, tips, and tricks, etc. The candidates may find the following tips while preparing for the FDST 2022 exam:
- Go through the whole syllabus: While preparing for an entrance exam like FDST 2022, it is important that the candidate gets a good understanding of the portions from which the questions are asked. Hence, going through the entire syllabus of the exam is an important first step.
- Make short notes: After studying each section, make short notes. This will help to build the concepts stronger. Plus, these notes will be useful at the time of revision.
- Practice MCQs section-wise: Try to attempt MCQs on each topic after studying about them. This will be a good way of practicing for the exam.
- Refer to good external books: There are many books available in the market specifically designed for FDST preparation. Select the good books out of them to study.
- Solve previous year’s papers and mock papers: Before the exam, it is advised to solve the previous year question papers and mock test. The reason to follow this is that the candidates get to know the type of questions that come in the exam. Also, by doing enough practice of solving MCQs, the candidates will also increase their speed for solving questions.
FDST 2022 Last Minute Tips
No matter how well they have prepared, almost all the students feel the pressure of the exam as it gets closer. They react in different ways. Some get tense, while others remain calm. Regardless of how you feel, it is important to do some last-minute revision. Here are some last-minute tips that all the aspirants of FDST 2022 can follow.
- Get up early and get going: It is important that the students get an adequate amount of sleep on the day of the exam. However, on the day before the exam, it is advisable to get up earlier than usual and start revising. This gives you ample of time to introspect what you have studied so far.
- Review summaries, rather than full notes: Try to cover the short notes of all the topics that you’ve written while studying.
- Avoid stress: It is a good idea to avoid other people who are stressed, especially your friends who are also sitting exams. Try to go and sit in a quiet place, and revise the topics.
- Take a longer break: If the revision has gone according to plan so far, go out for a long walk, or play a game. This will make you physically tired, so that you will sleep better.
- Get everything ready for the morning: Check all the details present in the admit card and get everything ready accordingly before sleeping.
- Think positively: A positive attitude is likely to help you more than anything else. So, be positive and believe that you can do well.
FDST 2022 Exam Pattern
The FDST consists of two papers – Paper I and Paper II. Given below are all the details regarding the exam pattern of FDST 2022.
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test- CBT)|
|conducting authority||National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences (NBEMS)|
|Number of Papers||2 (Paper I and Paper II)|
|Number of Questions||Paper I- 100 questions
Paper II-150 questions
|Type of questions||MCQs|
|Duration of exam|| Paper I – 120 minutes
Paper II- 180 minutes
|Marking scheme||1 mark for each correct answer
No negative marking
|Qualifying marks||50% in each paper|
|After qualification||Appear for Viva-Voce exam|
|Qualifying marks for Viva-voce||50%|
FDST 2022 Syllabus
The candidates appearing for FDST 2022 are advised to go through the whole syllabus of the exam. Check the paper wise syllabus given as follows:
|Topic||No. of MCQs|
|Topic||No. of MCQs|
|Dental Anatomy and Histology||10|
|Public Health Dentistry||10|
|Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry||10|
|Prosthodontics and Crown Bridge||20|
|Conservative Dentistry and Endodontic||20|
Best Books for FDST 2022
There are many books available in the market specifically designed for FDST preparation. Aspirants can refer to these external books to get a good understanding of all the topics in the syllabus of the exam. These books are also a good source of MCQs. Students can solve them to further understand the subjects. Given below are some of the books which the candidates can refer to prepare well for FDST 2022.
FAQs on How to Prepare for FDST 2022
A. Students can prepare using the books recommended in the article. They can also follow the other tips given.
A. There is no negative marking in the test.
A. The candidates have to score a minimum of 50% marks on each paper as well as the viva voce.
A. There are multiple-choice questions, with single correct choices present in FDST.
A. No. Usually, all the questions are asked from within the syllabus only.
A. It usually takes around 6-7 months to cover the whole syllabus thoroughly.
A. The books mentioned in the article are specifically designed to help prepare for FDST. So, referring to these books can be a good way can be a good step in your preparation.