How to Prepare for AUAT 2022 – AUAT 2022 Exam is a university-level examination conducted by Aliah University of West Bengal for admissions in various UG and PG courses. The entrance exam is conducted once a year in the month of August. The preparation for the exam plays a key role in how the candidate performs in the admission test. It is also important for the candidate to be thorough with the syllabus and examination pattern in order to prepare in the best way possible. This will not only help in achievement of the goal but also ensures that last minute preparation is avoided and it hence helps avoiding the stress. Since it is essential that one gets enough time to prepare for the exam, read on to find a guide that would help you with AUAT 2022 exam. Read on to find out the exam details, preparation tips and more.
How to Prepare for AUAT 2022
Candidates must make sure that they have started their preparation well in advance for the entrance test. It’s essential and helpful to be familiar with the exam pattern and syllabus to know better the type of questions that you might be anticipating.
AUAT 2022 Exam Overview
|Name of the exam||Aliah University Admission Test (AUAT)|
|Conducting Body||Aliah University, West Bengal|
|Mode of examination||Offline / Pen – paper based|
|Time / Duration||2 hours|
|Total no. of Questions||100|
|Type of Questions||Objective and descriptive|
|Release of application form||July 2022|
|Date of Exam||TBA|
AUAT 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates should be familiar with the examination pattern of the exam that they are appearing for. It helps you set a goal and focus on how you can perform better. The AUAT 2022 Exam is conducted over a duration of 2 hours for 100 marks. AUAT 2022 Exam Pattern is given here-
- Duration – 2 hours
- Total no. of Marks – 100
- Sections – Two; Part – I & Part – II
- Type of Questions – Objective & descriptive
- Marking scheme – 1 mark awarded for every correct answer
- negative marking – There is no negative marking
The question paper is divided into two sections-
- Part – I consists of 80 questions from the course selected by the candidate.
- Part – II consists of 20 questions from English. General Knowledge & Islamic Studies and culture
Preparation tips on How to Prepare for AUAT 2022
The aspiring candidates must start their preparation beforehand in order to pass with flying colors. Along with hard word, smart planning and preparation is another aspect that must be kept in mind. Once familiar with the examination overview and pattern, candidate should then focus on making sure that they go through and understand every topic efficiently. Here are some of the preparation tips for the candidates
1) Plan out the topics for the days left – Once the syllabus is known, it is advisable to divide the topics according to the days left for the exam. Make a good time table in a way that good amount of time is available for revision before the exams. Any last minute preparation should be avoided. This not only leads to stress but also to wastage of time.
2) Short notes and important points – It is physically and mentally tiring to go through each and every line of every topic for every subject just before the entrance exam. even the thought of it is exhausting. That’s where short notes and important points come in handy. Make it a habit of making notes and highlighting the points, so that you can go through them before the exams.
3) Stick to the plan made – In order to ensure that every topic is covered by the candidate. If you don’t follow the time table strictly, it might lead to decrease in the desired revision time and may also cause you to leave a topic which might be important for the exam. In other words, it is beneficial if you strictly adhere to the time table made and finish the topics on time.
4) Answer to the point – Since AUAT 2022 exam also consists of descriptive questions, candidates should work on sentence formation. The descriptive answers should be legible, answered to the point and must contain the crux. Length and unnecessary points should be avoided. Make sure you make short notes for revision with all the relevant points that would fetch you the marks.
5) Practice and know the formulas – Subjects like chemistry and physics contain formulas and various points that one must remember. It doesn’t make sense if you cram it up. Instead, write it down and practice them as much as you can. It’s better to understand the working of the equations. Write them on a sheet and go through them everyday.
6) Previous year Question Papers – Practicing the previous year question papers is always the most beneficial. The candidates get the chance to test themselves, their time management skills and also benefit from the few golden and repetitive questions. It is suggested to practice at least 5 previous year question papers before the exam.
7) Staying healthy and active – This is the most heard and general advise so take this as a reminder. It is important that you don’t feel sluggish and lazy while studying. Else the brain would find it hard to retain whatever studied. Get enough sleep and eat healthy food. Light exercises also help a lot. Stay healthy both physically and mentally.
AUAT 2022 – Helpful Books
It is vital that you choose the correct books that will enhance your preparation and also help you perform exceptionally well in the exam. Here’s a list of some of the best books for AUAT 2022.
|NCERT Class 11 & 12 Physics, Chemistry||Buy Here|
|Mathematics by RD Sharma||Buy Here|
|Islamic Studies Reference Book by Muheeb Ahad||Buy Here|
|English for Competitive Examinations by Wren & Martin||Buy Here|
|Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis||Buy Here|
|The Yearly Current Affairs by Disha Experts||Buy Here|
|Current Affairs by Arihant Experts||Buy Here|
|NCERT Medieval India History + Modern India History||Buy Here|
|Comprehensive Guide For Nursing Competitive Exam||Buy Here|
|Handbook of Physics by Arihant Experts||Buy Here|
FAQ’s on How to Prepare for AUAT 2022-
A. Familiarize yourself with the exam syllabus and pattern. Solve previous year question papers and select the book for preparation wisely. It’s advisable to build a strong time table that includes enough time for revision too.
A. The questions for AUAT 2022 are of 10+2 level for UG courses.
A. The syllabus for AUAT can be checked in the AUAT Information Brochure found under the AUAT 2022 section on http://www.aliah.ac.in ,