How to Prepare for AIL LET 2022 , All the candidates who are aspiring to join the Army Institute of Law (AIL) Punjab will have to start their preparations as the official notification will be out anytime soon. AIL LET 2022 is a national law entrance exam and around 50,000 students appear for it every year. It is ranked 16 among the top law colleges in India and has very limited seats for law courses. Candidates must start their preparations 4 to 6 months before the exam as the exam level is moderate to difficult. Candidates must know the correct preparation strategy as it will lead them to success. The complete and detailed syllabus is provided on this page. Candidates can refer to this page for the details regarding preparation strategy, best books, tips, syllabus, etc.
How to Prepare for AIL LET 2022
AIL LET 2022 exam is no different from other law-based entrance exams and with practice and consistent efforts, candidates ace the exam. The first thing that candidates need to do is go through the entire exam pattern provided above.
AIL LET 2022 General English Preparation
This section is purely based on grammar and General English and is mainly asked in all the law entrance examinations. Candidates can refer to the following preparation tips for this section:
- Go through the complete syllabus and topics: Candidates need to go through the vast and detailed English syllabus in order to start preparations. This section tests the basic grammar and the structure of English and is very scoring if prepared well by the students.
- Read Newspapers and novels: Newspapers help in building a good vocabulary and formulate grammar structures in your mind. Making Newspaper reading a habit will benefit the students in this section
- Learn Basic Grammar Rules: The main grammar rules are followed everywhere. Candidates need to refer to the good grammar books for the preparation and learn to apply some Grammar structures and usage in sentences.
- Practice Mock Tests: Take Regular English mock tests which are easily available to find your weak areas of Grammar usage and errors. Try to rectify the errors by going through the content in the books.
AIL LET 2022 Law Aptitude Preparation
This section contains all the legal terms and facts along with the constitution of India. So, candidates need to be careful while preparing for law aptitude and keep the following things in mind:
- Select Good Books: Good books are essential for this section’s preparation. Candidates must choose the books which cover all the major topics related to law aptitude and legal awareness.
- Improve Legal Awareness: Candidates must improve their legal awareness and understanding regarding the law concepts and terms in the syllabus. As this entrance exam tests the legal aptitude in candidate, be fully aware about the law proceedings and famous judgements.
- Make short notes for studying the Constitution of India: Short notes are essential for maintaining the important points and articles o the constitution. Highlight the main articles and rights. Mark all the legal terms and read them thoroughly.
- Stick to the Syllabus: Candidates must stick to all the important topics and concepts included in the syllabus as nothing is asked out of Syllabus. The syllabus for this section is moderate and requires practice and time.
AIL LET 2022 General Knowledge and Current Affairs Preparation,
This section mainly focuses on the candidate’s knowledge of recent happenings around the nation and world. Following tips should be followed:
- Reading Newspapers: Reading habit should be cultivated in candidates in order to enhance the day to day happenings around the world and our Country. Highlight the important articles and news.
- Keep yourself updated about the current affairs: This will help you in the general knowledge section as all the knowledge about the recent happenings will be asked.
- Improve the General Knowledge: This can done by reading the general knowledge books and enhancing the knowledge about the history, economics and art and literature. Lucent’s general knowledge is the best book for enhancing general awareness.
AIL LET 2022 Mental ability Preparation
This section tests the logical reasoning and critical thinking of the candidates. Therefore candidates need to enhance their mental ability by following the points below:
- A Proper Time Table: A proper schedule will definitely help if it is designed in a way to cover all the topics in the mental ability section. Make sure to give time to each topic in order to enhance the logical ability.
- Take Mock Tests: Take mock tests both offline and online from time to time so that you become fully aware of the exam and exam pattern. Mock tests will give you exposure to the type of questions in the exam.
- Develop critical thinking: Applicants are required to develop the critical thinking for this section by solving and practicing as many questions as they can. This will help the candidates to the different questions and concept, thereby understanding the logic behind every question.
AIL LET 2022 Exam Pattern
The AIL LET 2022 will be conducted in online mode, The duration of the exam will be 2 hours or 120 minutes. A total of 200 questions will be asked in the exam in the English language. The format of the question paper will be the objective type or MCQ based, There is no negative marking, Each question carries one mark and the total marks make up to 200. The question paper will be divided into four sections namely General English, Law Aptitude, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, and Mental Ability. The section-wise pattern and distribution are given below:
|Sections||No. of Questions||Marks|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||50||50|
AIL LET 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus forms the core of preparations as it helps candidates in keeping their vision clear. Candidates need to go through the following comprehensive section-wise syllabus for AIL LET 2022 as follows:
Candidates can go through the following important topics for this section:
- Reading Comprehension
- Spotting errors
- one-word substitution
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Sentence completion
- Idioms and Phrases
- English Grammar
The major topics for this section include:
- Current and Important Legal Facts
- legal terms
- Law and Judiciary
- The Constitution of India
- Important Articles
General Knowledge and Current Affairs
The important topics which are covered under this section:
- Current Affairs including the latest happening regarding Politics, Law, Science, Sports, Entertainment, Economy(World as well as national level) etc.
- Art and Literature
- General Awareness
This section tests the basic reasoning and mental ability of a student. The important topics for this section involve:
- Series completion
- Logical Venn Diagrams
- Blood Relations
- Coding and Decoding
- Direction sense test
- Seating Arrangements
- Calendars and Clocks
- Date and Time
Strategy for the AIL LET 2022 Exam Day
Candidates can refer to the following strategy for the exam day:
- Carry all the necessary documents along with admit card to the exam center including the Admit card.
- Make sure you manage your time well so as to complete every question as time allotted is very limited
- Try to attempt all the questions as there is no negative marking in the exam
- Attempt the questions you find easy to save the time and do not waste too much of your time on a particular question
- Read carefully the exam day guidelines which are printed on your AIL LET 2022 admit card and make sure you don’t miss out on important documents or instructions.
- Read and memorize with the help of sticky notes so as to prepare during the last days.
- Reach the examination venue early at least 40 minutes before the exam to avoid last minute rush and document verification.
AIL LET 2022 Best Books
To improve the basic legal aptitude and start preparations for the AIL LET 2022 exam, candidates must go through the important matter and content in the books. For this, candidates need to choose books wisely that contain the best study material. The following are the best books shared by the toppers for AIL LET :
FAQs about How to Prepare for AIL LET 2022
A. There are four sections in the AIL LET 2022 namely, General English, Law Aptitude, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, and Mental Ability.
A. Go through the Good books like Legal Awareness and Legal Aptitude by AP Bhardwaj for this section and make notes and highlight important points. For a detailed strategy, refer to the page above.
A. The format of AIL LET 2022 will be Objective type.
A. Candidates can cultivate the habit of reading newspapers for improving current affairs and refer to Lucent’s GK book for enhancing general awareness.
A. You can read the newspapers for building vocabulary and acquaint yourself with grammar usage and structures.