GATE 2022 – IIT Kharagpur has kept the date for release of GATE 2022 result to be March 17, 2022. Along with the result, the final answer key will also be released. The result for GATE 2022 will be based on the answers in the final answer key. Both the result and the final answer key will be released on the official website gate.iitkgp.ac.in. Candidates should note that there is a possibility for the GATE 2022 result to be declared sooner than the scheduled date. The first reason for this is because IIT has a history of declaring the result a few days before the scheduled date. Even in past 2-3 years, the GATE result was declared sooner than its original release date. Another reason can be the fact that the objections window to the provisional answer key was closed on February 25, 2022. Which means the final answer key is being prepared and the result is also in preparation. This gives us an idea that the result for GATE 2022 can be declared sooner than the expected date.
GATE is a national-level engineering entrance exam held annually by IITs. The Graduate Aptitude Test (GATE) is conducted for candidates seeking admission in various Masters programmes in engineering and science. Through this exam, several PSUs also offer recruitment to candidates based on their score. GATE 2022 was conducted on February 5, 6, 12 & 13, 2022. Every year, one IIT is named as the conducting body in collaboration with 6 other IITs. The exam is held for total 29 papers. Candidates will find all the details for these papers from the article below.
Latest – GATE 2022 result will be released on March 17, 2022.
Latest – GATE 2022 cut off for CS is out. Click here to check.
Latest – Two new papers are introduced in GATE 2022 exam – (1) naval architecture and marine engineering, and (2) geomatics engineering.
GATE 2022 Exam Date
IIT KGP has announced the GATE 2022 exam date and rest of the schedule for the exam.
The important schedule is as follows.
|Release of GATE 2022 registration, application form||02 Sep 2021|
|Last date of regular period for online registration / application||30 Sep 2021|
|Last date of extended period for online registration / application||01 to 07 Oct 2021|
|Display of defective applications||26 Oct 2021|
|Last date for the rectification of applications||18 Nov 2021|
|Modifications in GATE 2022 Application
with Extra fee
|01 – 15 Nov 2021|
|Last date for GATE 2022 category / city / exam paper (Additional fee will be applicable)||15 Nov 2021|
|GATE 2022 admit card release date|
|GATE 2022 Exam Date and Time||5, 6, 12 & 13 Feb 2022 – Complete Exam Schedule|
|Release of candidates response sheet||15th Feb 2022|
|Issuance of official answer key||21st Feb 2022|
|Challenges by candidates on Answer Keys||22-25 Feb 2022|
|Declaration of GATE result 2022||17 Mar 2022|
|Scorecard is available on GOAPS Portal (free of cost)||21st March 2022|
|Scorecard after 31 May 2022 (Rs 500 will be applicable)||31 May 2022 – 31 Dec 2022|
|No scorecard will be available from||01 Jan 2023|
GATE 2022 Result
GATE 2022 result will be released on March 17, 2022. The result will be calculated based on the answers in the final answer key. It will be released for every candidate in their candidate portal. The candidate portal is the GOAPS portal. Candidates can log in using their email id/enrollment id and password to check their result. The steps to check the result is given below:
- Step 1: Go to the official website gate.iitkgp.ac.in.
- Step 2: Log into the GOAPS portal using the registered email id/enrollment id and password.
- Step 3: Click on the link for GATE 2022 result available in the candidate portal. The result will be displayed on the screen.
Details mentioned in GATE 2022 Result
- GATE score.
- Qualifying status of the candidates.
- All India Rank (AIR) secured.
- Qualifying marks for every category.
- Marks out of 100.
GATE 2022 Exam Date Branch Wise
IIT KGP released the exam schedule for GATE 2022. The exam is being held on four days, i.e., February 5 & 6 2022, and on February 12 & 13. The papers will be held in two time slots of Forenoon and Afternoon. The timings and exam date for each paper code is given below.
|CS & BM||09:00 – 12:00 hrs – (FN)||5 Feb 2022|
|EE & MA||14:30 – 17:30 hrs – (AN)||5 Feb 2022|
|EC, ES, ST, NM, MT & MN||09:00 – 12:00 hrs – (FN)||6 Feb 2022|
|CY, CH, PI, XH, IN, AG, GG & TF||14:30 – 17:30 hrs – (AN)||6 Feb 2022|
|CE-1**, BT, PH & EY||09:00 – 12:00 hrs – (FN)||12 Feb 2022|
|CE-2**, XE & XL||14:30 – 17:30 hrs – (AN)||12 Feb 2022|
|ME-1**, PE & AR||09:00 – 12:00 hrs – (FN)||13 Feb 2022|
|ME-2**, GE & AE||14:30 – 17:30 hrs – (AN)||13 Feb 2022|
GATE 2022 Exam Overview
The exam can be understood by the summary table as given below:
|Name of the Exam||GATE 2022|
|Full Form||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering|
|Organising Institute||IIT Kharagpur|
|Level of Exam||National-Level|
|Exam Frequency||Once in a Year|
|Minimum Eligibility||3-year Graduation Degree in relevant discipline|
|Application Mode||Online Mode through GOAPS 2022|
|Application Fee||1500/- Rs (750/- for reserved and female candidates)
Rs. 500/- additional for late application
|Purpose of GATE 2022 exam||Admission in M.Tech. / Ph.D. in Engg., Tech., Sci., Arch.; and PSU recruitment 2022 through GATE|
|Exam Mode||CBT (Computer-Based Test)|
|No. of Questions||65 Questions|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
|Syllabus||GA (General Aptitude) + Subject (Chosen)|
|Age Limit||No Age Limit|
|Validity of GATE Scorecard||3 years from the date of declaration of Result|
|Duration of Exam||3 hours|
|Type of questions||Multiple-choice questions
Multiple-select questions and / or numerical answer type questions
|No. of Subjects (Papers)||29 subject papers|
GATE 2022 Exam Day Instruction
Students have to follow the GATE 2022 Exam Day Instruction mentioned below.
- You must arrive at the test venue at least 90 minutes before the start of the test schedule to avoid the crowd at the venue.
- Follow the rows of ropes and floor markings when standing in rows outside the gate.
- The students body temperature will be checked through thermo gun at the entry gate. If any student’s body temperature higher than 99.4F will have to take the examination in the isolate area of the examination venue.
- After you enter the test venue, you will be checked by the exam staff at a distance, along with the valid valid entry form and original ID proof at the time of registration for the GATE test.
- Bar code guns will be used to check the admit card and provide your lab number, then you will be directed to your individual lab.
- When you enter the examination lab, one exam staff will verify your admit card and id proof maintaining safe distance.
- You can only carry items inside the test lab such as mask, gloves, personal hand sanitizer, a pen or pencil, transparent water bottle, examination documents like admit card, id proof.
- After entering the lab, you will be guided to the registration desk to take pictures.
- For the photograph capture process, at first students need to remove the mask, then stand up straight and then maintain eye-level contact with the webcam for clear capture of the face.
- When you complete your registration, the test staff member will guide you to your assigned computer system.
- A staff member will ask you to sign your candidate roll list with which they will compare your admit card.
- You will be disqualified if you take unfair steps, including giving or receiving help during the test.
- Upon completion of a shift, you are allowed to exit in a proper manner.
- You can leave the test lab only if the test staff member allows you to leave.
- Make sure you don’t leave any resources in the test lab, such as masks, sanitizers, etc.
- As you exit the test lab, drop the scribble pad into a drop box as you exit.
- Keep the necessary distance between yourself without crowding anywhere.
- Test staff members are present along the exit route to make sure your orderly movement.
- Please remember that before starting the test you need to verify your registration number, picture, paper choice and other details of the computer system.
GATE 2022 Exam Papers Dates and Time
Check out the GATE 2022 exam papers dates and time from below:
GATE 2022 Admit Card
The GATE exam 2022 admit card can be downloaded before exam.
- The GATE 2022 admit card release date will be a few days before the exam date.
- Candidates will be available to download their admit cards from gate.iitkgp.ac.in. The printed copy of the admit cards will not be sent to the candidates.
- In order to download the admit card, candidates have to login with their enrollment ID and password.
- After downloading the admit card, candidates should take printout of the issued admit card and carry that to the exam hall along with the original photo ID which was specified during the application form filling process.
GATE Exam Papers
There will be 29 papers in GATE 2022.
There will be two new papers – (1) naval architecture and marine engineering, and (2) geomatics engineering.
The offered disciplines (GATE 2022 papers and codes based on 2021 exam) and respective codes are given below including the features for some specific courses:
GATE 2022 Registration
The GATE exam 2022 registration has been started.
The application process will include registration, login, filling the application form, uploading the required images, payment of application fee and downloading the confirmation page.
- Candidates will have to register online at gate.iitkgp.ac.in. In order to register, one has to provide name, email ID, mobile number and a chosen password. The authority will allot an enrollment ID to the candidates by email or SMS.
- The enrolled ID and the chosen password will be considered as login credentials. Whenever the candidates need to access the login, they must enter these credentials in the prescribed fields of the login window.
- Applicants will have to fill the application form by providing the required details in the application form and uploading the scanned images of photograph, signature, category certificate and other specific details or documents.
- Then the candidates will be required to pay the application fee. The fee can be remitted through the electronic payment method by using the cards/net banking and wallets.
- In the end, candidates should download the confirmation page of the GATE 2022 application form.
The GATE application form 2022 will be scrutinized by the authority, if any defect is found, candidates will be intimated by their provided mail ID and contact number (through SMS). Candidates will be able to access the application form to correct and submit it again. The application status can be checked by the candidates after submitting the form.
Check the amount given below.
|For exam centres in India||Regular period||During the extended period (with late fee)|
|Female candidates / SC / ST / PwD (per paper)||Rs 750||Rs 1250|
|All other candidates||Rs 1500||Rs 2000|
Foreign Nationals / NRIs (Per paper)
|Exam centres (In India)||Fee amount|
|During the regular period||Rs 1500|
|During the extended period||Rs 2000|
GATE 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must check the eligibility criteria before applying for the GATE 2022 exam. The detailed eligibility criteria are given below:
- The candidates who are pursuing the 3rd or higher year of a Undergraduate Degree programme are eligible to apply OR.
- Those candidates who have completed any Government approved degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Science/ Commerce/ Arts are eligible to apply.
- There is no provision of any upper or lower age limits to apply for GATE.
GATE 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus for GATE exam 2022 will different for each paper. Click here to check.
GATE 2022 Exam Pattern
Check the exam pattern for GATE 2022 given below.
- Number of papers: The exam will be organized into 29 papers out of which candidates can choose one or two papers to appear for the test.
- Question framed to test: Recall, comprehension, application, synthesis & analysis abilities
- Duration: The exam will be held for a 3-hour duration.
- Number of questions: There will be a total of 65 questions in each paper.
- Maximum marks: The exam will carry a total of 100 marks.
- Mode: Exam will be held in CBT (computer-based test) mode only.
- Types of questions: The exam will consist of MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions), MSQ (Multiple Select Questions) and / or NAT (Numerical Answer Type) questions.
- Marks: All questions will carry either 1 or 2 marks for the correct answer.
- Marking Scheme: There is negative marking in only MCQs questions as for the 1-mark question, ⅓ mark will be deducted and for the 2-mark question, ⅔ mark will be deducted. There is no negative marking in MSQ and NAT questions.
|Examination Mode||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|Section||General Aptitude (GA) and Candidate Selected Subject|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs),
Multiple Select Questions (MSQ),
Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions
|Design of Questions||Application
Analysis and synthesis
|Number of Questions||10 (GA) + 55 (subject) = 65 Questions|
|Total Marks||100 Marks|
|Marking Scheme||All correct answer will be awarded 1 or 2 marks,
⅓ or ⅔ marks will be deducted in MCQs.
GATE 2022 Answer Key
The answer key of GATE exam 2022 can be checked after exam.
- GATE 2022 answer key contains questions asked in exam, with the correct answers.
- Just after the exam, unofficial, memory based questions with answers of GATE 2022 exam are made available. These are published by coaching centers. Candidates should refer to them only to get an idea of the answers.
- After that, IIT KGP releases official answer key. First, provisional answer key is published with response sheet.
- The answer key are released paper-wise and code-wise.
- Candidates can submit challenges against the answer key during the period earmarked for it.
- After reviewing the objections, authorities will release the final GATE answer key 2022, with results.
- The question papers and answer key can be downloaded through the separate links but the responses can be checked through the candidate login.
GATE 2022 Scorecard
- Candidates will be able to download their GATE scorecard in the last week of March 2022.
- Only those who qualify, get the score card.
- The process of downloading score card is same as checking results.
- Score card will contain scores obtained in exam.
Calculation of Normalized Marks for Multi-Session Papers:
Calculation of GATE papers for all scores:
FAQs on Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2022
Ans. GATE 2022 is a national level exam, held by the IITs and IISc, for the purpose of determining eligibility and ranking for ME/ M.Tech, PhD admissions. Several engineering colleges across the country accept GATE scores for PG admissions. In addition, PSUs also offer recruitment on the basis of the scores of this exam.
GATE 2022 will be held on February 5, 6, 12 & 13, 2022. There will be 2 sessions on each day.
GATE 2022 registration has begun on September 02, 2021.
Ans. GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.
Ans. GATE score is required for seeking admission in Master/Doctor programmes in Engineering / Science / Arts / Technology / Architecture fields. Also, it is considered for PSU recruitment.
Ans. IIT Kharagpur will conduct GATE 2022. The GATE exam is conducted on the behalf of GATE NCB (National Coordination Board), Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, Government of India.
Ans. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is conducted once a year.
Ans. The exam will be held as a CBT (Computer Based Test).
Ans. Candidates must have passed or appeared in 3rd or higher year in Undergraduate degree programme.
Ans. GATE 2022 will be held for 29 subject papers. Candidates can choose any two papers for the exam.
Ans. GATE will be a computer based test. There will be 65 questions of 100 marks. The question paper will comprise objective type questions including the Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), Multiple Select Questions (MSQs) and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions. Questions will be asked from GA, and subject specific topics.
Ans. There is no age limit to appear for this test.
Ans. The application fee is Rs. 1500/- (per paper) for all and Rs. 750/- for reserved and female candidates.
Ans. The GATE score card is valid for the 3 years.
Official Website: gate.iitkgp.ac.in