CLAT Syllabus 2022 is released by the Consortium of National Law Universities on their official website, consortiumofnlus.ac.in. It is important to go through the syllabus properly before starting the preparation for any exam as it specifies the important topics and chapters from which questions are framed in the exam. Candidates must prepare for the CLAT 2022 exam as per the official syllabus containing all the topics from which questions can be asked in the exam. From here, one can download the topic wise syllabus. CLAT Consortium publishes the CLAT syllabus separately for UG and PG. Check CLAT Syllabus 2022 important topics, books for preparation from below.
CLAT Syllabus 2022
The Consortium of National Law Universities has not yet released the latest CLAT syllabus for the 2021 exam. However, candidates can check out the indicative topics for CLAT 2022 UG and PG exams from below.
In the UG syllabus, the topics under English language, current affairs including general knowledge, legal reasoning, logical reasoning, quantitative techniques are listed. Whereas in the PG syllabus, topics to study for the objective and subjective sections are given. Candidates can check the topic wise distribution in CLAT Syllabus 2022.
CLAT 2021 Syllabus for UG Program
CLAT 2021 UG Syllabus consists of five main subjects. Check the CLAT UG syllabus given below.
English Language: Candidates are given a 450 words (approx.) passage based on contemporary or historically significant fiction and non-fiction writing and a series of questions are going to be asked that require the candidate to demonstrate comprehension and language skills.
Current Affairs including General Knowledge: In this section, candidates are given a passage of up to 450 words following a series of questions. The passage can be based on news, journalistic sources and other non-fiction writing. In this section, candidates are expected to exhibit knowledge of legal information related to the passage.
Legal Reasoning: In this section, candidates get a 450 words passage based on facts, situations and scenarios related to legal matters, public policy questions or moral philosophical enquiries. Candidates with prior knowledge of law like general awareness of contemporary legal and moral issues will help you score good marks in the exam.
Logical Reasoning: This section contains a series of short passage of about 300 words followed by one or more questions after each passage.
Quantitative Techniques: This section has short sets of facts or propositions, graphs, textual material, pictorial material or diagrammatic representations of numerical information followed by a series of questions. Candidates need to derive information from the facts and apply mathematical operations on them.
CLAT Consortium publishes the official CLAT UG 2021 syllabus on its website. In the meantime, refer to the expected syllabus as per last year’s syllabus. Candidates can download the CLAT Syllabus 2021 (expected) from links given below.
Download CLAT UG Syllabus – Click here to download the official syllabus of the Common Law Admission Test for Undergraduate programs admission.
CLAT 2021 Syllabus for PG Program
The CLAT 2021 PG Syllabus is also based on Comprehension based questions. As per last year examination, the descriptive section was removed from the syllabus. The questions will be pertaining to the topics:
- Constitutional Law
- Administrative Law
- Law of Contract
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Property Law
- Company Law
- Public International Law
- Tax Law
- Environmental Law
- Labor & Industrial Law
Download CLAT PG Syllabus , Click here to download the official syllabus of the Common Law Admission Test for Undergraduate programs admission.
CLAT 2022 Mock Tests
Aglasem is providing CLAT mock tests for free. Mock tests are important to practice material to get acquired with the pattern of questions asked in the CLAT. Unlike most conventional entrance examinations that consist of a set of objective type questions, the CLAT paper consists of passage-based question series. Candidates taking the test have to clear the test by answering the questions in the close context of the understanding of contemporary law. Refer to the table below to access the direct links of CLAT 2022 mock tests.
Important Books for CLAT 2022
The candidates must be careful while selecting study material for the exam. It is the sole responsibility of the candidates to select those books which have the concepts clearly stated in it and are trustworthy books. Check out the list of books given in the table below and use for the preparation of CLAT 2022,
|Self Study Guide CLAT||Click Here|
|Guide to CLAT & LL.B. Entrance Examination 2020-21||Click Here|
|CLAT & AILET Chapter Wise Solved Papers 2008-2019||Click Here|
|Latest 2019-2020 Guide to CLAT & LL.B. Entrance Examination||Click Here|
|Complete CLAT Companion with Free Current Affairs Booklet by Pearson||Click Here|
Click here to check the important books for CLAT 2022.
CLAT 2022 Syllabus – Exam Pattern
As per the last year, the CLAT examination is conducted both for UG and PG categories. It is expected that the exact pattern and scheme of exams might get updated by the Consortium of NLUs with the announcement of the CLAT 2022 exam. Meanwhile, candidates can check the exam pattern for CLAT 2022 below.
Exam pattern of CLAT 2021 UG
- Duration of the Exam: The duration of the test is 2 hours (120 minutes).
- Number of questions: There are 150 questions in the exam.
- Type of Questions: The question paper of CLAT contains Multiple Choice Questions
- Marking Scheme: Add 1 mark for each correct answer and deduct 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
|english language||Logical reasoning|
|legal reasoning||quantitative techniques|
|Current affairs including general
Exam pattern of CLAT 2021 PG
- Duration of the Exam: The duration of the exam is 2 hours (120 minutes).
- Type of Questions: It consists of both objective and subjective type questions.
- Number of questions: There are 100 MCQs and 50 subjective type questions in the exam.
- 2 essay type questions of 25 marks each
- 100 multiple choice questions of 1 mark each
- -0.25 for the wrong answers
Click here to check the sample papers of CLAT 2022.
Preparation Tips for CLAT 2022
Apart from knowing the syllabus, books to prepare and exam pattern, the candidates need to follow some preparation tips till the time of examination. Check the preparation tips given below for CLAT 2022.
- Before starting with the preparation, prepare a timetable and make a slot for each subject. Make sure you stick to the time table till the day a before the exam.
- It is advised to practice the mock tests before appearing in the actual examination. Practicing the mock test is beneficial as it enlists the pattern of how the exam is conducted. This also increases your accuracy and speed to solve questions.
- Apart from knowing the syllabus it is important for the candidates to know the pattern of the question papers well, With the help of previous year question paper candidates can get to know the important topics from the point of exam.
- Do not forget to prepare your notes and revise them regularly. Continuous revision is the key to your success. So, make sure you revise all the topics again and again till the day of examination.
- Apart from studying day and night for the examination, try to focus on your health too. As it is said, that “health is wealth” so make sure your health is not neglected at the time of preparation. Get a proper sleep, get the proper food and take enough breaks in between.
About CLAT 2022
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national-level law entrance exam for admission in the LLB, LLB 5 year Integrated, LLM, etc. courses offered by the NLUs. For UG law admission CLAT UG is held and admission on PG law courses is done on the basis of CLAT PG. Admission in the participating institutes is granted on the basis of merit-cum-preference basis of the CLAT exam. All the NLUs use CLAT score to grant admission, other than NLU Delhi which conducts the All India Law Entrance Test (AILET) to fill seats.