CIFNET 2022 Entrance Exam – CIFNET 2022 application form has been released for the admission of BFSc(NS)/VNC/MFC for the year 2022-2023. Last Date to receive the filled in application along with necessary documents is 20 June 2022. Central Institute of Fisheries, Nautical & Engineering Training (CIFNET) conducts Common Entrance Test for admission into Bachelor of Fisheries Science (BFSc) and Vessel Navigator Course(VNC)/ Marine Fitter Course (MFC) programs for 2022-23 session. The candidates who have passed 10+2 with minimum 50% marks can apply for BFSc (NS) course, whereas the candidates who have passed class 10th with minimum 40% marks in Mathematics and Science can apply for VNC / MFC. All the information related to CIFNET 2022 like application process, exam date, syllabus can be check from official website, which is cifnet.gov.in. Get more information about CIFNET 2022 here such as eligibility criteria, exam pattern, application process etc.
Latest: CIFNET 2022 application form has been released for the admission of BFSc(NS)/VNC/MFC for the year 2022-2023. Click here to download the application form.
CIFNET, Kochi is the only institute to offer a bachelor’s degree in both nautical science and fisheries science. Whereas, Vessel Navigator Course(VNC)/ Marine Fitter Course (MFC) are conducted at CIFNET Kochi/Chennai/Visakhapatnam.
CIFNET 2022 Overview
|CIFNET 2022 Specifications||Details|
|Offered Courses||Bachelor of Fishery Science (Nautical Science), Vessel Navigator Course (VNC)/ Marine Fitter Course (MFC)|
|Exam Level||National Level|
Important Download and Official Links
CIFNET 2022 Important Dates
Candidates can check the dates for applying in the table below:
|Bachelor of Fishery Science (Nautical Science)|
|Application form release date||Started|
|Last Date to receive the filled in application||20 Jun 2022|
|Admit Card||To be announced!|
|Exam date for BFSc.(NS) Course||02 Jul 2022|
|Publication of Second Result/ Merit List & Waiting List||To be announced!|
|Counseling for Second Merit List||To be announced!|
|Counseling for Second Waiting List||To be announced!|
|Vessel Navigator Course (VNC)/ Marine Fitter Course (MFC)|
|Application Form Release Date||Started|
|Last Date to receive the filled in application||20 Jun 2022|
|Last date to receive the Hall ticket||To be announced!|
|Exam Date for VNC/ MFC Course||16 Jul 2022|
|Result/ Merit List||To be announced!|
CIFNET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to go through the eligibility criteria as per course applying for and be eligible for the examination. The criteria required for candidates who wish to take training from the Central Institute of Fisheries, Nautical & Engineering Training (CIFNET). The eligibilty required for the courses is listed below:
For Bachelor of Fishery Science (Nautical Science) [B.F.Sc (N.S)]
- Age limit: 17 years to 20 years as on October 01, 2022.
- Education Qualification: 10+2 with a minimum of 50% marks all subjects of PCB or PCM and also 50% marks in English either in 10th or +2 std.
- Only passing marks in 10+2 is enough for SC/ST candidates,
- Candidate with PCM group will be directly eligible for GMDSS after BFSc(NS) degree.
- Candidates who are appearing for 10+2 exams during are also eligible to apply.
- Vision: In case the candidate wish to take up the career on sea/vessel he/she should pass the prescribed eye test conducted by Mercantile Marine Department before admission.
For Vessel Navigator Course (VNC) & Marine Fitter Course (MFC)
- Age Limit: 15 to 20 years as on August 01, 2022.
- Education Qualification: pass in 10th standard or equivalent examination with 40% marks in Maths and Science separately.
- Candidates who are appearing for 10 exams during 2022 are also eligible to apply.
CIFNET 2022 Application Form
Candidates can download the CIFNET 2022 Application Form from official website ie cifnet.gov.in. Candidates have to send the filled in application form along with the attested copies of certificates in all respect before the last date.
- Step 1: Visit the official website of CIFNET or direct link is also available for candidates in the “application form page,
- Step 2: Now, download the application form from website
- Step 3: Fill the necessary details asked in the application form
- Step 4: After filling the application form, candidates have to send this application form in an envelope to the prescribed address.
Candidates will have to pay a fee amount in order to apply.
|Category:||Bachelor of Fishery Science (Nautical Science)||(VNC)/ Marine Fitter Course(MFC)|
CIFNET 2022 Selection Procedure
For Bachelor of Fishery Science (Nautical Science)
- Common Entrance Test(CET) & Academic Merit
- CET centers – Kochi, Chennai & Visakhapatnam
For (VNC)/ Marine Fitter Course(MFC)
- All India basis Common Entrance Test (CET)
- CET centre: Kochi, Chennai, Visakhapatnam, Kolkata, Patna
CIFNET 2022 Admit Card
Candidates who will successfully apply for the CIFNET examination will be able to download the CIFNET 2022 admit card, Here are the steps to download the admit card:
- Step 1: Visit the official website to download the admit card
- Step 2: The direct link will be provided on the admit card page for candidates
- Step 3: Click on login on the home page
- Step 4: Provide login details to generate the admit card
- Step 5: Take 2-3 printout of the admit card for future use
How To Prepare for CIFNET 2022
The candidates can check the tips below that would help them to crack the examination:
- Plan your preparation strategy as per the syllabus.
- Divide the topics into two halves. In the first half note down the topic in which you are good at and in the second part note down the topics which you need to focus more on. Start your preparation by preparing those topics first which you find difficult.
- Candidates can make a suitable time table for the preparation for the exam.
- Clear your concepts by following NCERT and other preparation books
- Be consistent and try to finish one topic each day
- Practice at least one mock test paper every day to enhance your speed and accuracy level
- Try to remain healthy and sleep for at least 7 hours
List of Important Books for CIFNET 2022 preparation
Here are the list of books candidate can take help from and clear the concepts:
CIFNET 2022 Seat Reservation Policy
The number of seats for the courses provided by CIFNET is provided below:
|Courses||Total No.of Seats|
|BFS (NS)||45 Seats|
CIFNET 2022 Counseling
The counseling process will be carried on by the organizing body as per merit list. The candidate who will qualify the will informed with the notification related to the counseling. Institute will also release the list of candidates those will be eligible to attend the counseling process.
Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training (CIFNET)
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The Central Institute of Fisheries Nautical and Engineering Training (CIFNET) formerly known as the Central Institute of Fisheries Operatives (CIFO), is a marine studies center located at Kochi, India. Maintained by the Department of Fisheries and Animal Husbandry of the Government of India, the institute was set up to aid research and development in the field. It promotes studies and research on marine science and technology, marine environment, socio-economic, legal and other related fields. The institute has three training vessels, mainly used for imparting onboard practical training for institutional trainees and for providing qualifying sea service for post-institutional trainees of the institute.
FAQs on CIFNET 2022 Exam
Ans: Candidates can get admission to Bachelor of Fisheries Science (BFSc) and Vessel Navigator Course(VNC)/ Marine Fitter Course (MFC) programs through CIFNET 2022 Exam.
Ans: Candidates can check all the details related to CIFNET 2022 Exam from official website, cifnet.gov.in.
Ans. Candidates who have passed 10+2 with minimum 50% marks can apply for BFSc (NS) course, whereas the candidates who have cleared class 10th with minimum 40% marks in Mathematics and Science can apply for VNC / MFC.
Official Website: cifnet.gov.in,
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel,