Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2022 – Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) is going to release the application form for the CMI entrance exam on March 21, 2022. The form can be submitted till 30 April 2022. The CMI entrance exam is going to be held on May 22, 2022 from 2 :00 pm to 5:00 pm. Chennai Mathematical Institute offers admission to various Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Ph.D. programs. The main areas of research at the CMI are Mathematics, Computer Science, and Physics. The applicants have to take an entrance examination for all the programs other than except PhD. Physics. For PhD Physics, candidates have to write the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST). There is no separate CMI entrance examination for Ph.D Physics. Candidates can read all the necessary details regarding the Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2022 such as application form, eligibility criteria, and selection criteria from this page.
Latest , CMI entrance exam is scheduled to be held on May 22, 2022, and the application form is going to be released on March 21, 2022. Scroll down to check more details.
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2022
In addition to a vibrant Ph.D. program, the Institute offers B.Sc programs in Mathematics and Computer Science as well as Mathematics and Physics, along with M.Sc programs in Mathematics, Computer Science and Data Science. The complete schedule related to the Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2022 is given below.
|CMI Entrance Exam 2022||Dates|
|Release of notification||to be announced|
|Availability of Application Form|
|Last date to submit the application form||30 Apr 2022|
|Admit Card available from||to be announced|
|Date of Entrance Test||22 May 2022 (2:00 pm to 5:00 pm)|
|Date of announcement of result||to be announced|
|Classes will start on||to be announced|
CMI Entrance Exam Date 2022
The entrance exam date for admission to all programs for the academic year 2022–2023 has been announced. The entrance exam is going to be held on May 22, 2022 from 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Candidates can also check the application form release date for CMI Admission 2022. Scroll down to check it.
Academic Programs Offered at CMI
The various academic programs offered at Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) are as follows –
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Computer Science (3 year course).
- B.Sc. (Hons.) in Mathematics and Physics (3-year course).
- M.Sc. in Mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science.
- M.Sc. in Data Science
- Ph.D. in Mathematics.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science.
- Ph.D. in Physics: Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) for admission in Ph.D. in Physics.
Note: Both the B.Sc. (Hons.) programs are going to have a common entrance examination. The choice and distinction between the 2 can be made after admission.
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the eligibility criteria for Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2022 from below. These eligibility criteria based on as per the previous brochure.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Computer Science: Candidates must have passed 12th standard or equivalent.
- B.Sc. (Hons.) Mathematics and Physics: Passed class 12th or equivalent.
- M.Sc. in Mathematics: Must have an undergraduate degree (BA, B.Sc, BE, B.Tech, etc.) with a strong background in mathematics.
- M.Sc. in Data Science: Undergraduate degree (BA, B.Sc, BE, B.Tech) with a background in mathematics/statistics/computer science.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science: Undergraduate degree (BA, B.Sc, BE, B.Tech) with a strong background in computer science.
- Ph.D. in Mathematics: BE/B.Tech/B.Sc.(Math)/M.Sc.(Math).
- Ph.D. in Computer Science: BE/B.Tech/M.Sc.(CS)/MCA
- Ph.D. in Physics: M.Sc.(Physics).
Note- Candidates with exceptional performance in the National Olympiads in Maths & Physics conducted by HBSCE, and the Indian Computing Olympiad conducted by IARCS are exempted from appearing for the CMI entrance examination.
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2022 Application form
The application form of Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2022 releases on the official website ie cmi.ac.in. Candidates can apply online. Before filling the application form, applicants are advised to check the eligibility criteria.
Apply here: Candidates can apply for Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2022 as per schedule at cmi.ac.in,
How to fill the CMI Entrance Exam 2022 Application Form?
When CMI admissions are open, the candidates can apply online. The following details are based on the previous year’s information.
- Firstly, visit the official website, cmi.ac.in or click on the above link to access the same.
- Thereafter, enter the “Gmail Id” and proceed to create the Applicant ID and password to fill the online application form.
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2022 Applications Fee
Candidates have to pay the application fee for CMI Entrance Exam 2022. Application fee details are given below, as per the last year’s information. The UG, PG and PhD application fee and mode of payment can be checked from below:
- B.Sc applications fee (for all courses): Rs 750
- M.Sc/Ph.D applications fee for single category: Rs 750
- M.Sc/Ph.D applications fee for more than one category: Rs 900
Mode of Payment: Candidates can pay the fee by online mode or also through the Demand Draft.
How to apply for multiple M.Sc/Ph.D programs
For online M.Sc/Ph.D, the applications are divided into 4 categories. Different fee has to be paid while applying for a single category and multiple categories respectively.
- Category 1: M.Sc and/or Ph.D Mathematics
- Category 2: M.Sc and/or Ph.D Computer Science
- Category 3: M.Sc Data Science
- Category 4: Ph.D Physics
General Instruction related to applying for multiple M.Sc/Ph.D programmes:
- Candidates can apply to at most one of the three Ph.D programs: Ph.D Mathematics, Ph.D Computer Science and Ph.D Physics.
- The candidtaes must write the CMI entrance exam for the Ph.D Mathematics or Ph.D in Computer Science program, unless they have the NBHM PhD Fellowship (for Mathematics) or have given JEST in Theoretical Computer Science.
- For Ph.D Physics, there is no separate entrance exam. The candidates can apply on the basis of their JEST score. Candidates cannot apply to any other programs in combination with Ph.D Physics.
- Candidates can apply for a Ph.D in Mathematics in combination with M.Sc Maths. There is a common entrance exam for both categories. No other combination is allowed with Ph.D Mathematics.
- Candidates can apply for a Ph.D in Computer Science in combination with M.Sc Computer Science as they have a common entrance exam.No other combination is allowed with Ph.D Computer Science.
- Candidates can apply for any combination of the 3 M.Sc programmes: M.Sc Mathematics, Computer Science and Data Science.
- The combination that the candidates can apply for depends on the entrance examination that they have chosen-
- With M.Sc Maths entrance examination, candidates can apply to all three M.Sc programmes..
- With M.Sc Computer Science entrance examination, candidates can apply to M.Sc Computer Science and Data Science, but not to M.Sc Maths.
- With M.Sc Data Science entrance examination, candidates can apply to M.Sc Data Science only.
Note: If candidates apply to multiple M.Sc programs, they are going to be short-listed based on their performance in the exam that they write and called for an interview for the other programs.
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2022 Admit Card
The admit card for the Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2022 is going to be released online on the official website ie cmi.ac.in. There is no photograph or signature required for the Admit Card. Candidates have to carry a print out of the Admit Card to the Test Center along with a photo-identity card. The photo-identity card can be a government-issued document like a passport, or an identity card, or a letter attested by the school/college/employer.
Admit Card: Candidates can download the Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2022 Admit Card as per the schedule at cmi.ac.in,
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2022 Syllabus and Past Papers
CMI’s previous year papers and entrance exam syllabus is available here. Aspiring candidates can get the CMI previous year papers and entrance exam syllabus via direct link given below. Solve these to get an idea of the standard of questions. The type, however, changes every year and cannot be predicted. Be prepared for the logical skills to be tested alongside the academic knowledge.
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2022 Exam Center
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) entrance exam 2022 is expected to be held at the following exam centre. This exam center list is as per the previous year details.
- New Delhi
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) Entrance Exam 2022 Result
CMI Entrance Exam Result 2022 releases after the successful completion of the CMI Entrance Examination. Candidates can check the CMI Entrance Exam result from the official website. The direct link to check the exam result is provided below.
Result: Candidates can check the CMI Entrance Exam 2022 Result as per schedule at cmi.ac.in,
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI)
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Chennai Mathematical Institute (CMI) comes under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 and is recognized both within the country and abroad. CMI is one of the important centers in India for research and teaching in mathematical sciences. Chennai Mathematical Institute is set up under a trust and is managed by a Governing Council made up of eminent academic personalities. The teaching programs are overseen by the Academic Council, consisting of senior faculty from CMI and other leading institutions across India.
Official Website, cmi.ac.in
CMI 2022 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q.1 What is the last date to fill the CMI entrance exam 2022 application form?
A.1 The last date to apply for the CMI entrance exam 2022 is April 30, 2022.
Q.2 Will there be any CMI entrance test held for PhD Physics admission 2022,
A.2 No, the PhD Physics admissions in the CMI are going to be taken on the basis of the candidates’ performance in the Joint Entrance Screening Test (JEST) in Physics.
Q.3 Which M.Sc programs are available at the CMI for 2022 admissions?
A.3 The candidates can choose between M.Sc in Mathematics, Computer Science, and Data Science for the CMI admissions 2022.
Q.4 When is the CMI Entrance Exam 2022 going to be held?
A.4 The CMI Entrance Exam 2022 is going to be held on May 22, 2022.
Q.5 Where can I find the past papers of the CMI Entrance Exam,
A.5 The candidates can find the previous year papers of the CMI Entrance Exam on the official website- cmi.ac.in.