CEED 2022 Syllabus – Check here the CEED syllabus 2022 in order to prepare for the IIT Common Entrance Examination for Design for M.Des admission. The syllabus for CEED exam indicates topics to prepare the design entrance exam. The syllabus of CEED 2022 exam is divided into two parts A, and B, as per the two sections in the exam. It is important to give equal relevance to both parts in order to qualify the exam and get a good rank.
CEED 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of CEED exam is divided into two parts – Part A, and Part B.
- Part A syllabus comprises of topics from which objective type questions will be asked in CBT, divided into 3 sections as NAT (numerical answer type questions), MSQ (multiple select questions) and MCQ (multiple choice questions). Topics in this section evaluates visualization skill, spatial ability, environmental & social awareness, analytical & logical reasoning, language, creativity, observation and design sensitivity of the candidates.
- Part B syllabus comprises topics from which 5 theoretical answer type questions are asked. For this part, questions are visible on screen and the answers will have to be written on the answer sheet. Part B syllabus evaluates drawing skill, creativity ability, communication skills and problem identification skills of the candidates. Through this article, candidates can get the complete details about the CEED 2022 syllabus including the important topics, exam pattern, marking scheme, books and important tips for the preparation of the examination.
The CEED 2022 syllabus for Part A and Part B is given below:
Recommended: CEED 2022 Answer Key
CEED 2022 Syllabus – Part A
Visualization and Spatial Ability:
- Pictorial and diagrammatic understanding of transformation
- Pictorial and diagrammatic manipulation of shapes.
- 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.
Environmental and Social Awareness:
- General awareness of environmental factors as:
- Natural resources etc.
- Implications of environmental factors on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment.
- Awareness of design terminologies.
- Social and cultural connection with the design.
- History of the designed artifact.
- Socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses.
- History of art.
Analytical and Logical Reasoning:
- Ability to analyze given information logically and select the most appropriate solutions.
- Ability to weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria.
- Ability to use logic and structured thinking to assume from a short passage.
- Ability to conclude the most accurate response to a posed question.
Language and Creativity:
- Ability to understand passages in commonly used English language.
- Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives.
- Ability to distinguish innovative options.
- Ability to think out of the box.
Design Thinking and Problem Solving:
- Ability to understand the context.
- Ability to understand the users and the constraints.
- Ability to select the most appropriate solution for a given design problem.
Observation and Design Sensitivity:
- Ability to detect concealed properties in day to day life and think critically about them.
- Ability to sense the differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.
CEED 2022 Syllabus – Part B
- Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.
- Ability to think out of the box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.
Problem Identification Skills:
- Ability to understand the user and the context.
- Knowledge of properties of materials and their appropriate use in design, etc.
CEED Syllabus 2022 – Important Topics
CEED is an aptitude test, so there is no specific or academic subject for framing the entire syllabus. Candidates should consider the design program syllabus of their UG course. Also, candidates should have a good command of drawing, rendering, visualization and creativity skills.
The exam will be organized into two papers, where part A will comprise the objective type questions evaluating the visual & awareness skills of the candidates including the language skills, creativity skills, problem-solving skills and analytical & logical thinking.
Whereas, part B of the paper will comprise theoretical type questions evaluating the drawing, creativity, communication in problem identification skills of the candidates.
The important topics of the CEED 2022 syllabus are given below:
|Part A Syllabus||Part B Syllabus|
|Visualization and spatial ability||Drawing|
|Environmental and social awareness||Creativity|
|Analytical and logical reasoning||communication skills|
|Language and creativity||problem identification skills|
|Design thinking and problem solving||Form Sensitivity|
|Observation and design sensitivity||Visual Sensitivity|
CEED 2022 Exam Pattern
CEED 2022 exam pattern is given below:
- The CEED exam will be divided into two parts as Part A and Part B.
- The exam will be organized in 3 hours.
- Part A should be attempted in 1 hour and Part B should be attempted in 2 hours.
- Part A will be held through the CBT mode.
- Part A will be asked in 41 objective type questions in 3 sections as NAT (Numerical Aptitude Test), MSQ (Multiple Select Question), MCQ (Multiple Choice Question).
- Part B will be held through the answer sheet mode where the questions will be visible on the computer screen and answers should be written in the answer sheet.
- Part B will be asked in 5 theoretical type questions.
- The entrance exam will carry a maximum of 200 marks (100 marks for each paper).
Part A Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
There is no marking scheme for unattempted questions.
|Sections||Type of Question||Number of Questions||Marks for each Correct Answer||Marks for each Wrong Answer||Total Marks for each Section|
|I||Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||8||3||0||24|
|II||Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)||10||3||-0.2||30|
|III||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)||23||2||-0.5||46|
Part B Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
|Topics/Sections||Number of Questions||Marks for each Question|
CEED 2022 Syllabus – Preparation Tips
Candidates should follow the given tips in preparation for the CEED examination,
- Practice more to tune your sketching & drawing skills.
- Collect the study material according to the syllabus of CEED.
- Understand the concept of the examination.
- Collect the previous year question papers from the official site.
- Make a database of what type of questions were asked in the previous year.
- Solving all previous years’ question paper will be a benchmark in your preparation.
- Broad your visual perspective and thinking ability. Try to think more sides of a concept.
- Shine your creativity skills.
- Keep your health and mind calm and be positive for the exam.
Books Recommended to Prepare CEED 2022 Syllabus
There is no specific subject in the syllabus for the CEED entrance exam. Likewise, there is not much study material or books for this test but students can have the preparation by using these (given below) most sought books by the experts.
- CEED (M.Des) Study Materials by AFA India
- Seeds for CEED by Bhushan Patil
- Design Drawing by Francis DK Ching
- Rendering in Pen and Ink by Robert Gill
- Perspective Drawing Handbook by Joseph D’Amelio
- Art perception by David Cycleback
- Cracking CEED by Ashok Goel, Arjun Kamal
- CEED (M.Des) Test Series by Trendz Academy
- CEED + NID by AFA India
- Seed for CEED by Patil Bhushan
- CEED Exam Preparation (Advance Course Study Material) by ICR Education
How to complete CEED 2022 Syllabus in 6 months?
If you have a zeal to grasp the concept of learning, if you are dedicated towards the study and if you are committed with yourself to crack the exam, then six months are far enough for the CEED preparation. However, the basic concept and understanding should be clear for this exam.
As we all know that there is no specific academic syllabus for the CEED examination. As the nature of the design programme, the syllabus and questions to be asked from the design, creativity, pictures, logical and thinkable reasoning and so on.
The entire CEED 2022 syllabus is covering the 6 core fields like visualization and spatial ability,
Environmental and social awareness, Analytical and logical reasoning, Language and creativity, Design thinking & problem solving and Observation and design sensitivity.
“The earlier you start preparation, the more score you bag” should be the first motive of each aspirant for every exam. But if you are going to cover all aspects just in six month, then you should focus on the followed given preparation tips:
Make a Study Plan of Six Month
- Make a study plan for six months long.
- Divide the core topics preparation into days.
- Designate a place for your study.
- Stick the plan in place you designated for the study.
- Study plan should be small goals.
- Regular mark your goal and the topics you completed.
Regular Study Hours
- Calculate the study hours according to your preparation.
- Pay more hours to your preparation.
- Study daily without any loophole in intervals.
- If possible pay at least twice in a day for your preparation in at least 3 hours each.
Get Previous Years Question Papers
- Collecting the proper study material and notes is an initial step for preparation.
- Collect at least last 10 years’ question papers and solve them.
- Collect sample papers and toppers notes for best preparations.
- Crack the previous years’ paper with your own to evaluate your preparation level.
Determine Intervals for Revision
- Revision is the most important part of the preparation.
- If possible pay your weekly day for the revision.
- Revise only topics and chapters that you studied in before.
Practice Hand in Design and Creativity
- As this is a design test and no academic syllabus for that, so keep practicing in draw, design and creativity.
- “The more you practice, the more you learn” should be the objective.
Maintain Your Health
- Keep you up in physical health.
- Keep you up in mental health.
- Do not forget to do mild exercise daily.
- Keep you in a hygiene environment.
Topics you must cover for CEED Syllabus 2022 Part A
The CEED 2022 examination for the Part A paper will comprise objective type questions. The Part A will be constructed with eight Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions, 23 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and 10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQs).
The CEED 2022 syllabus Part A will cover the following topics:
- Visualization and spatial ability
- Environmental and social awareness
- Analytical and logical reasoning
- Language and creativity
- Design thinking and problem solving
- Observation and design sensitivity
FAQs on CEED 2022 Syllabus
Ans: The official syllabus will be released at ceed.iitb.ac.in.
Ans: The main topics are creativity, drawing, visual & spatial skills, verbal/communication skills and problem identification & solving skills.
Ans: The most recommended books are mentioned in the section given above.
Ans: The syllabus will be released in the 1st week of September 2021.