CEED 2022 – IIT Bombay has released CEED 2022 scorecard on 12 March 2022. The results was announced on 8 March 2022. Candidates can check result or download scorecard from the link below or visit the official website of the exam – ceed.iitb.ac.in. To check result, candidates email id and password. Earlier, IIT Bombay had released Part A Cutoffs for CEED 2022, according to which Part A Mean Deviation was 18.63 and Standard Deviation was 11.93. Common Entrance Examination for Design (CEED) 2022 is a national-level design entrance exam. Students with a UG degree in the relevant field can appear in the CEED exam 2022 in order to get admission to M.Des, Ph.D. programs in the participating institutes. This includes IIT-B, IIT-D, IIT-G, IIT-H, IIT-K, IIITDM, IISc. Check here for complete details of the CEED 2022 exam date, application form, syllabus, exam pattern, and more.
Latest – CEED 2022 Scorecard Available. CLICK HERE to Download
Latest – CEED 2022 Result declared on 8 March 2022. CLICK HERE for CEED 2022 Results.
Latest – The final answer key of CEED 2022 answer key is now available. Click here to download.
Latest – Candidates who qualified for the CEED exam are now eligible for PG scholarship in AICTE recognized institutes.
CEED 2022 Exam Date
IIT Bombay is looked forward to announcing the exam dates of CEED 2022. Candidates check the important date, which is as follows:
|Start of CEED 2022 registration||9 Sep 2021|
|Last date to apply online without late fee||11 Nov 2021|
|Last date to submit the form with late fee of Rs. 500|
|Admit card will be available for download||12 Jan 2022|
|Last date for rectification of discrepancies in the admit card||14 Jan 2022|
|CEED 2022 exam date||23 Jan 2022
9:00 AM TO 12:00 PM
|Release of CEED Draft Answer Key for Part A||25 Jan 2022|
|Last date of sending comments about Draft Answer Key for Part A||27 Jan 2022|
|Release of final answer key for Part A||31 Jan 2022|
|Declaration of CEED Result||8 Mar 2022|
|Scorecards available for downloading||12 Mar 2022|
CEED 2022 Overview
|CEED 2022 Specifications||Details|
|Name of the Exam||CEED 2022|
|Full Form of Exam Name||Common Entrance Exam of Design|
|Organizing Authority||IIT Bombay|
|Offered Courses||M.Des (Master of Design), P.hD in Design|
|Exam Level||National Level|
|Exam Mode||Part A – Online (CBT) Mode, Part B – Theoretical Type|
|Application Mode||Online only|
|Application Fee||3200/- (1600/- for SC/ST/PwD/Female)|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours (Part A – 1 hour, Part B – 2 hours)|
|Total Marks||200 Marks|
|Email ID||[email protected] (last year’s)|
CEED 2022 Result
The CEED 2022 Result will be released shortly after the availability of the Answer Key.
- CEED 2022 Results would be released in the form of scorecards for candidates on the official website ceed.itb.ac.in.
- To access their CEED result, candidates have to by login into the candidate portal of the website.
- In CEED scorecard, Part A score will be displayed to all candidates, while Part B marks will be shown only for the shortlisted candidates.
- Shortlisted candidates would be the ones who have cleared CEED 2022 Cutoffs, scorecard of these candidates would mention the candidate to be ‘Qualified’.
- All qualified candidates will also awarded ranks – General Rank and Category wise rank. The admission in various IITs will be done based on CEED rank obtained by the candidates.
- The result will be valid for one year from the date of declaration.
CEED Cut Off 2022
- CEED Result would mention the ‘Qualifying’ status of the candidate. In order to qualify CEED 2022, a candidate must clear cutoffs for Part A.
- CEED Cutoff is the minimum marks a candidate need to score in Part A of the exam. Only the candidates who are able to clear CEED Cutoff, will get their Part B responses checked.
- Candidates clearing Part A would be allotted ranks, based on their scores in Part A and Part B.
CEED 2022 Answer Key
Within a few days after the exam date, the official CEED draft answer key releases on the website at ceed.iitb.ac.in.
- The varsity releases the answer key for only Part A paper. CEED 2022 answer key releases on the ceed.iitb.ac.in along with the question paper of Part A.
- Candidates can comment against the error if they find it in the answer key.
- The objections in discrepancy can be made by commenting through the candidates’ portal.
- The CEED final answer key will be released one week after the release of the draft answer key.
CEED 2022 Admit Card
The CEED 2022 admit card details are as follows.
- The admit card is released on ceed.iitb.ac.in.
- Candidates will be able to download their CEED admit card by logging into the candidate portal.
- The admit card will contain the details of the examination and important particulars of the candidates.
- Candidates should reach the exam centre 2 hours before the scheduled time of the exam.
- If there is any discrepancy found in the downloaded admit card, candidates should mail the issue to the authority within 7 days after the issuance of admit card. The candidates can write the email to the authoities.
- Candidates should carry the admit card to the exam hall along with the photo ID proof and their drawing material like pencils, sketch pens, poster colours, etc.
What is the CEED Exam?
CEED (Common Entrance Exam for Design) is a national-level entrance test. It is conducted by the IIT, Bombay every year. Candidates having a valid score card of CEED can seek admission into M.Des or P.hD programmes offered by CEED associated IITs, IIITs and IISc.
Common Entrance Exam for Design is a qualifying cum ranking entrance exam for the M.Des and P.hD programmes offered by the said institutions. The objective of CEED is to evaluate the candidates’ ability in design involving drawing skills, visual perception ability, logical reasoning, communication, creativity and problem-solving skills.
The exam is organized into two parts; Part A & B. Part A comprises three sections and will be asked through the online mode. While part B consists of 5 theoretical type questions that will be displayed on the screen but the answer should be written on the answer sheet. The examination duration is 3 hours.
Candidates looking for a Master or doctoral degree in design from the top-notch institutions of India must have a look at the CEED 2022 exam. The candidates having a bachelor degree in a relevant field can apply for the CEED 2022 exam. There is no age bar to appear in the examination. The CEED score card is valid only for one year.
CEED 2022 Institutes & Offered Courses
Whereas IITB conducts the CEED 2022 exam, the rest of the admission process is separate. Based on the CEED result (scorecard), the participating institutions conduct a separate admission procedure. The eligibility criteria for admission may vary as per the different institutions. Candidates should visit the preferred institution for the details of admission.
The list of institutions with the offered courses is given below:
|Name of Institutes||M.Des (Master of Design)|
|IISc Bangalore||M.Des: Product Design and EngineeringP.hD: Design|
|IIT Bombay||M.Des: Industrial Design, Communication Design, Animation, Interaction Design, Mobility and Vehicle DesignP.hD: Design|
|IIT Delhi||M.Des: Industrial DesignP.hD: Design|
|IIT Guwahati||M.Des: DesignP.hD: Design|
|IIT Hyderabad||M.Des: Visual DesignP.hD: Design|
|IIT Kanpur||M.Des: DesignP.hD: Design|
|IIITDM Jabalpur||M.Des: DesignP.hD: Design|
CEED Result Sharing Institutes
Apart from the above institutions, some of the other colleges and universities offer PG design courses based on the CEED rank. The list of these institutions is given here:
- Lovely Professional University (LPU)
- Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology
- Jain (Deemed-to-be-University)
- World University of Design
- Central Institute of Technology
- Shiv NadaUniversity of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES)
- Indian School of Design and Innovation (ISDI)
- Vishwakarma University University (SNU)
- SRM Institute of Science & Technology
- School of Planning and Architecture
- Delhi Technological University
CEED 2022 Exam Pattern
CEED 2022 exam pattern will be as follows.
- Duration: The duration of the exam is 3 hours. The duration of part A is one hour while the duration of part B is two hours.
- Components: The paper test consists of two parts as Part A and Part B.
- Mode: CEED Part A will be a purely CBT mode test where candidates have to enter the answers to the questions on a computer screen. CEED Part B will be answered in the answer sheet while the questions will be displayed on the computer screen.
- Marks: Both parts will be carried out in a total of 200 marks (100 marks for each paper).
- Questions Distribution:
- Part A will contain the 41 questions in three sections. They will be NAT (Numerical Aptitude Test), MSQ (Multiple Select Question), MCQ (Multiple Choice Question).
- Part B of the question paper carries a total of 100 marks.
- Part B will contain 5 questions of 20 marks each and all questions are compulsory.
- Types of Questions and their Marking Scheme:
- In NAT, no choices will be given. Each correct answer will be rewarded 3 marks. There is no negative marking in this section.
- In MSQ, there will be four answer choices. Out of which candidates may select multiple answer options. Each correct answer will be rewarded 3 marks. 0.2 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- In MCQ, there will be four answer choices. Each correct answer will be rewarded with 2 marks. 0.5 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer.
CEED 2022 Syllabus
The CEED 2022 question paper will be divided into two parts (A & B) and the CEED 2022 syllabus is different for both parts as given below:
Syllabus for Part A
|Visualization and Spatial Ability||Pictorial and diagrammatic questions to test the understanding of transformation and/or manipulation of 2D shapes and 3D objects and their spatial relationships.|
|Environmental and Social Awareness||General awareness of environmental factors such as climate, population, water, vegetation, pollution, weather, natural resources etc., and their implications on the design of products, images, infrastructure and environment. Awareness of design terminologies, social and cultural connection with the design, history of the designed artefact, and socially responsible and environmentally sustainable design responses. History of art, sculpture and literature.|
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning||Ability to analyse given information logically and select the most appropriate solutions; weigh opinions, arguments or solutions against appropriate criteria; use logic and structured thinking to deduce from a short passage, which of many statements is the most accurate response to a posed question.|
|Language and Creativity||Ability to understand passages in commonly used English language. Ability to think creatively in terms of alternatives, ability to distinguish innovative options and think out of the box.|
|Design Thinking and Problem-Solving||Ability to understand the context, the users and the constraints and select the most appropriate solution for a given design problem.|
|Observation and Design Sensitivity||Ability to detect concealed properties in day to day life and think critically about them. Ability to discern subtle differences in visual properties and aesthetic outcomes.|
Syllabus for Part B
|Drawing||Ability to draw products, people or scenes in proportion with good line quality, composition, proportion, perspective, and shading.|
|Creativity||Ability to think out of the box and come up with unique as well as diverse solutions.|
|Communication Skills||Ability to communicate concepts and ideas clearly with the help of text and visuals.|
|Problem Identification Skills||Ability to understand the user and the context, knowledge of properties of materials and their appropriate use in design, etc.|
How to Prepare for CEED 2022?
CEED syllabus does not comprise any academic subject. As it is an aptitude test, thus there is no specific guide or CEED textbook recommended for CEED preparation.
Candidates should practise their drawing skills, visualization skills, rendering skills and other skills as per the syllabus (given above).
Candidates can get the CEED previous years’ question papers at the official website for preparation. The varsity provides all previous years’ question papers along with their answer keys on its official site.
Besides this, candidates can also get the audible CEED preparation tips given at the official website.
Candidates have to choose the 3 options of the preferred CEED 2022 exam centres. The examination will be organized in the following cities (details have taken from the CEED 2021 exam centres):
Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Ernakulam, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur and Visakhapatnam.
Eligibility Criteria of CEED 2022
Candidates should satisfy the eligibility norms for appearing in the test. CEED 2022 eligibility norms are given here:
Age Bar: There is no age limit to appear in this exam.
Qualification for M.Des: Candidates must have a degree or diploma in engineering/fine art/design programme of a minimum of 3 years after the 10+2 exam. OR
Candidates must have passed the GD Arts diploma programme (10+5 level).
Qualification for P.hD: Candidates must have a PG degree in engineering/fine art/design programme.
Pursuing Qualifying Exam: Candidates pursuing the final year of the qualifying exam can appear for the test. They must pass the exam before July 2022.
No. of Attempt: Candidates can attempt the exam in any number.
Note: If candidates are unable to submit valid EWS certificate and OBC-NCL certificate issued after April 01, 2021, they may submit the signed self-declaration and complete your registration for CEED-2022.
CEED 2022 Application Form
- It will be available on the official website of the CEED at ceed.iitb.ac.in.
- However, candidates may fill the application form till the week later to the regular closing date with a late fee of Rs. 500/- (additional).
- The application form filling process will comprise the steps to fill the CEED 2022 registration, fill the details in the CEED 2022 online application form, upload the documents and pay the CEED application fee.
- One candidate can fill only one application form.
- Before filling the application form, one should check the eligibility criteria, whether they are eligible or not.
- If any candidate faces a problem in any field while filling the application form, he/she should click on the “Report Problem” button on the right side of the form.
The CEED application fee can be remitted through the online mode only. Candidates can pay the application fee by using a debit card or credit card or through net banking. The expected application fee is given below:
|Female/SC/ST/PwD Candidates||1600/- Rs.|
|Other Candidates||3200/- Rs.|
|Late Fee||Extra 500/- Rs.|
FAQs on CEED 2022
Ans: The IIT, Bombay will conduct the exam.
Ans: M.Des and P.hD in design.
Ans: There is no age bar for CEED test.
Ans: The application form was released on September 9, 2021
Ans: CEED application fee is 3200/- for the general category.
Ans: CEED 2022 application form is released online at ceed.iitb.ac.in.