CCMT 2022: CCMT is a platform for candidates to apply for M.Tech / M.Arch / M.Plan / M.Des programs based on the GATE scores in NITs, IIITs and GFTIs and IIEST Shibpur. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria and then proceed to apply for the same. The counseling process consists of online registration, choice filling and locking, seat allotment, document uploading and verification, and reporting to the allotted institute. Check this page to know more about CCMT 2022,
Latest – The details for CCMT 2022 will be available soon at ccmt.admissions.nic.in,
CCMT 2022 Dates
The authority is yet to announce the official schedule for CCMT 2022. Candidates will be able to check the important dates from this page soon after it is announced. Meanwhile, candidates can check the below tentative dates for CCMT 2022.
|Registration, Choice filling and locking starts on||To be announced|
|Last date to apply||To be announced|
|Round 1 counseling||To be announced|
|Round 2 counseling||To be announced|
|Round 3 counseling||To be announced|
CCMT 2022 Overview
Check the overview section for CCMT 2022
|Mode of counseling||online mode|
|No. of rounds of counseling||Three rounds followed by special rounds (if any)|
|Stages of counseling||Registration, choice filling and locking, seat allotment, uploading of documents, verification of documents, reporting at the allotted institute|
|Seat acceptance fee||GEN/ GEN-EWS/ OBC – ₹30,000/-
SC/ ST/ PwD – ₹10,000/-
|Mode of payment of registration fee||I-Sure Pay/ Debit card/ Net banking or any other branch of ICICI bank through e-challan|
CCMT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants must carefully check the CCMT 2022 Eligibility Criteria before registering themselves. Check the below eligibility criteria for CCMT 2022.
- Candidates should have a valid GATE score in 2020/2021/2022.
- Candidates should have passed and secured at least 6.5 CGPA or 60% for GEN/ GEN-EWS/ OBC in qualifying degree. In the case of SC/ ST/ PwD, candidates must secure a 6.0 CGPA or 55%. The mentioned CGPA or percentage must be awarded by a recognized University/ Institute.
- Only the primary mode of evaluation will be accepted while verifying eligibility. In case, both CGPA and percentage are mentioned the authority will consider CGPA.
- Any conversion from CGPA to percentage or vice versa shall not be considered.
- If the result of the qualifying degree is awaited, the candidate will get provisional admission if he fulfills the minimum qualifying degree requirements.
- Candidates who possess any certification from any of the professional societies such as IE, ICE, AeSI, IIM, IIE, IETE, IIChemE and have enrolled themselves before the deadline are also eligible to participate in the CCMT 2022 online counseling session.
CCMT 2022 Registration and Choice Filling
Eligible candidates are first required to register themselves to participate in CCMT 2022 counseling process. Candidates are required to provide their GATE credentials, qualifying degrees, personal details, etc and pay the required registration fee. The registration fee can be paid using the ICICI Bank through online mode only via Net Banking/ Debit Card/ I-Sure Pay or can also be done by any other branch of ICICI through e-Challan.
The registration fee for CCMT 2022 Counseling is:
- GEN/ GEN-EWS/ OBC – ₹3,000
- SC/ST/PwD – ₹2,500
Check the below important details regarding CCMT 2022 Registration:
- The registration fee is non-refundable once the fee is paid.
- Candidates must carefully and correctly enter all the details such as personal, academic credentials, bank details and other information that are required to be entered during online registration.
- Candidates are advised to read all the terms and conditions before clicking on the ‘I agree’ check box.
- In case, if any information submitted at the time of registration is found to be fraudulent, incorrect or untrue at any stage, his/her seat allotment will be canceled without any notice. Those candidates will also not be allowed to participate in other rounds of counseling and can also be liable for legal action.
After the successful registration, candidates will be allowed to fill and lock their choice as per their choices of programs from the list of eligible programs offered by various institutions. During the choice filling, candidates are allowed to change, reorder, delete and add their choice of programs/ institution as per their preferences within the deadline. Candidates are advised to take a printout of their registration form which will contain the locked choices and other details. The printed copy must be signed and carried by the candidate at the time of physical reporting at the allotted institution.
- Candidates must check that they have fulfilled all the eligibility criteria including the special eligibility criteria. The authority will straight away reject the form due to their non-fulfilment of eligibility criteria.
- Candidates will not be allowed to unlock/ change their choices once the choices are locked. Thus, lock the choices very carefully.
CCMT 2022 Merit List
The authority will prepare the CCMT 2022 Merit List based on the GATE score of the year filled by the candidate. In the case of candidates with the same GATE score, the following points will be used to resolve and determine inter-se-merit.
- Candidates having a GATE score in 2020 will be given preference over candidates of GATE 2021 or 2022.
- Candidates having a GATE score in 2021 will be given preference over candidates of GATE 2022.
- If candidates’ GATE year is the same, then the candidate who has obtained better GATE marks out of 100 will be considered.
- In case, if both the GATE year and GATE marks out of 100 are the same, then preference will be given based on All India Rank (AIR).
- In case, if the GATE year, GATE marks out of 100 and AIR are the same, the older candidates will be given preference.
- Lastly. If the GATE year, GATE marks out of 100, AIR, and Date of Birth are the same then the rank will be decided based on Random number generation. Candidates with lower random number generation will be given preference.
CCMT 2022 Seat Allotment
Seat allotment will be done based on the merit list, choice filling, category of the candidate and seat availability. The seat allotment result will be declared on the website and candidates will be allowed to download their personal Provisional Seat Allotment Letter (PSAL). Candidates will receive their PSAL only after depositing the seat acceptance fee. The authority will not send any hard copy of the Provisional Seat Allotment Letter to candidates individually.
After the seat is allotted to candidates, they are required to pay the seat acceptance fee followed by uploading the required documents and submitting willingness with the time allotted. If any candidate fails to complete any of the above activities within the allotted time, he/she will lose the allotted seat and will not be considered for the subsequent rounds of counseling.
The sequence in which seat categories are considered for seat allotment is given below:
|S. No.||Category:||Sequence of seat Categories for allocations|
Seat Acceptance Fee
Candidates must deposit the seat acceptance fee. This denotes that the candidate has accepted the seat.
- GEN/ GEN-EWS/ OBC – ₹30,000/-
- SC/ ST/ PwD – ₹10,000/-
Mode of payment – ICICI bank through online mode via I-Sure Pay/ Debit card/ Net banking or any can be done by any other branch of ICICI through e-challan.
CCMT 2022 Document Uploading and Verification
After the allotment of the seats and paying the seat acceptance fee, candidates need to upload all the required documents through the login. The option for documents upload will only be accessible after the payment of the seat acceptance fee. Candidates are required to upload the documents based on the format mentioned by the authority.
The document verification will be done by verifying officers of respective institutions only in online mode.
- During document verification, if candidates’ personal information which was submitted during the online registration is found incorrect, his/her seat allotment will be cancelled.
- If a candidate fails to provide a valid category certificate, his/her allotment will be canceled if the present seat was based on his/her category.
- If the candidate’s date of birth during the registration does not match with the documents then the seat may be cancelled.
List of Documents to be uploaded for online document verification
- Document to prove date of birth
- Photo ID proof as per Govt. of India norms
- Mark sheet of Class XII
- Grade/ Mark Sheet of qualifying examination for all semesters
- Degree/ Provisional certificate
- GATE score card (2020 or 2021 or 2022)
- Category certificate
- Undertaking of the certificate on OBC-NCL status in the prescribed format available on the CCMT website.
- Original certificate for Persons with Disabilities (PwD), if applicable.
FAQs on CCMT 2022
Ans: There are three rounds of counseling.
Ans: The seat allotment fee has to be paid only through online mode or at any branch of ICICI through e-challan.
Ans: Yes, candidates must score a valid GATE score.
Ans: The registration fee is Rs. 3000 for GEN/ GEN-EWS/ OBC and Rs. 2500 for SC/ ST/ PwD.
Ans. CCMT is a common platform for the GATE qualified candidates for admission in their desired course in all NITs, IIEST Shibpur, some IIITs and GFTIs.