Best Books for XAT 2023 – XAT or Xavier Aptitude Test is a national level management based entrance exam that is conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur. XAT 2023 will be conducted for admissions into the management (MBA and PGDM) offered by the participating institutes. More than 1000 top B schools will accept XAT 2023 Scores. With over 1 lakh students appearing every year, the difficulty level ranges from moderate to difficult, therefore the candidates preparing for XAT 2023 must aid themselves with the best books for preparation. Here in this article, Aglasem has provided a comprehensive list of books for XAT 2023 preparation along with c Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Preparation Material, Books, Tips, etc.
Best Books for XAT 2023 Preparation
XAT is a management entrance test and the syllabus is quite similar to other MBA based entrance tests like CAT, SNAP, etc. XAT Exam Syllabus is quite vast and distributed into 4 sections namely Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision-Making, Quantitative Ability, and Data Interpretation, General Knowledge. The syllabus is set by XLRI, Jamshedpur, and has not seen a change over the past years. For the preparation of each section, good books are essential. Based on the topper’s strategy and interview, Some of the Recommended books for each section are as follows:
Check Out: XAT 2023 Syllabus
XAT 2023 Best Books for Verbal and Logical Ability
The Recommended books for the preparation of Verbal and logical ability section are as follows:
|Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey||Click here|
|Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis||Click here|
|High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren & Martin||Click here|
|A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal||Click Here|
|Analytical and logical reasoning by Peeyush Bhardwaj||Click here|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by Ajay Singh||Click here|
|Verbal ability and reading comprehension by Arihant||Click here|
XAT 2023 Best Books for Decision-Making and Analytical Reasoning
The following books must be referred by the candidates for preparation of this section:
|Analytical and Logical Reasoning by Arihant Publications||Click here|
|Jabbing the XAT (with solved papers) by RK Jha||Click here|
|Target XAT 2023 (Past papers & mock tests) by Disha Publications||Click here|
|Analytical and logical reasoning by Peeyush Bhardwaj||Click here|
|The Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning||Click here|
XAT 2023 Best Books for Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation
The Best books recommended for this section are:
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by RS Aggarwal||Click here|
|How to prepare for Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma||Click here|
|Data Interpretation for the CAT by Nishit K Sinha||Click here|
|Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations by Abhijit Guha||Click here|
|Quantitative aptitude for XAT by Arun Sharma||Click here|
|Quantitative aptitude Quantum XAT by Sarvesh K Verma||Click here|
XAT 2023 Best Books for General Knowledge
The best books for this section are as follows:
XAT 2023 Exam Pattern
XAT Exam pattern will give candidates an overview of the exam, the type of questions, number of sections, marking scheme. By knowing this, candidates can prepare accordingly. The four sections of the XAT Paper will be Verbal and Logical Ability, Decision-Making and Analytical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, General Knowledge, The highlights of XAT 2023 are :
- Mode of Exam: Exam will be conducted in the Online mode that is computer based test,
- Questions: A total of 101 Questions will be asked in the examination.
- Medium of Exam: The medium of the paper is english,
- Format of Exam: The format of the Question Paper will be of MCQ type and Essay type.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the Exam is 3 hours 10 Minutes,
- Marking Scheme: 1 Mark each will awarded for each correct answer and zero mark for unanswered questions.
- Negative Marking: There is negative marking of 0.25 marks in the Examination which means 0.25 marks will deducted for every incorrect response. However, for GK Section, there is no negative marking.
The Distribution of paper, the number of sections, and a total number of questions is as follows:
|Sections||Number of Questions|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26|
|Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||28|
How to Prepare for XAT 2023 Exam?
XAT is like any other MBA Entrance Exam. Candidates must choose the right preparation Strategy for XAT 2023 Exam. Apart from the best books, candidates must follow the below tips as these are prescribed by the toppers:
- Develop Habit of Reading: Candidates must start reading more newspapers and novels to ace the verbal ability section. The more you read, the more you gain as newspapers will enhance the current affairs portion too.
- Learn Shortcut methods and Tricks: Candidates must learn few shortcuts and tricks to solve the mathematical numerical and in the logical reasoning section. Tricks are usually helpful in solving the mathematical problem.
- Practice Mock Tests: Mock tests provide exam like environment to a candidate. Thus, candidates can solve the mock tests regularly to acquaint themselves with the exam pattern and questions. Mock tests keep a check on your learning progress.
- Practice more: Quantitative ability and Decision making are often time consuming. Candidates need to practice more in order to solve the questions easily on the exam day. Practice more type of questions and understand them.
- Develop Conceptual Clarity: For Data Sufficiency, Logical reasoning and Quantitative section, Concepts must be clear. Candidates should go for in depth knowledge and understanding for developing Conceptual Clarity.
- Keep yourself updated about the current affairs: Recent happenings and current events are must to know for GK section. Attempt all the questions in GK, as there is no negative marking for this.
- Start with Easy Questions: Some questions might consume more time, candidates must solve easy questions first and then proceed towards time taking questions.
- Make A Daily Schedule: Make a time table which suits you and fits all the subjects. Make space and time for every subject and be consistent in following it.
- Strengthen weak spots: Candidates must practice and focus more on weak areas and topics. Especially in reasoning section, candidates must not leave any topic and practice all the topics.
FAQs about XAT 2023
A. The most lengthy section is Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation in XAT exam.
A. The best books for Verbal Ability preparation are High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren & Martin, Verbal ability and reading comprehension by Arihant etc. You can check the above page for more books.
A. Yes, the books have mock tests at the end of each book.
A. The best newspapers include The Hindu, The Economic Times, The Indian Express. Candidates can read them regularly for current affairs as well as verbal ability section.
A. Candidates can refer to the good books for preparation like Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by RS Aggarwal, How to prepare for Data Interpretation by Arun Sharma. Apart from these books, candidates must practice more and strengthen their weak spots.