JEXPO 2022, VOCLET 2022: Candidates can apply online for the JEXPO and VOCLET between 01 March and 04 April 2022. The VOCLET & JEXPO 2022 are going to be held on May 07, 2022. The West Bengal State Council of Technical Education (WBSCTE) conducts the JEXPO and VOCLET entrance examinations for the various Diploma Polytechnic courses in Engineering and Technology. WBSCTE JEXPO and VOCLET are held for the candidates seeking admission in various Polytechnic Colleges/Institutions of the State of West Bengal. For all the relevant information regarding the admission process such as application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, admit card etc, the candidates can refer to this page or the official website webscte.org. Before applying, the candidates need to check their eligibility as per the norms of the conducting body.
Latest – WBSCTE has released the application form for the JEXPO and VOCLET 2022. The last date to apply is 04 April 2022.
WBSCTE JEXPO and VOCLET 2022
The West Bengal State Council of Technical Education is organizing all the events related to JEXPO 2022 as well as VOCLET 2022 as per the following schedule.
|Online application form is available from||01 Mar 2022|
|Last date of filling up the application form||04 Apr 2022|
|Submit the marks of their qualifying examination from||to be announced|
|Date of availability of Admit Card||to be announced|
|JEXPO VOCLET 2022 exam date||07 May 2022
(JEXPO- 10 am to 12 noon)
(VOCLET- 1:30 to 3:30 pm)
|Declaration of JEXPO VOCLET 2022 result||to be announced|
Click here to apply for the JEXPO 2022 and VOCLET 2022.
JEXPO 2022 Application Form, VOCLET 2022 Application Form
Interested and eligible candidates can visit the official site to apply for the diploma admission entrance exams, JEXPO or VOCLET 2022 in online mode only. No OMR Application Form is going to be available.
Application Fee: There is no application fee for JEXPO 2022 and VOCLET 2022.
What is the Kanyashree Scheme?
The candidates who enrol for this scheme get 50% waiver in the application fee for JEXPO and VOCLET 2021, in the registration and counselling fee of the students of Government, Government Sponsored and Self-financed Polytechnics. Furthermore, such candidates get priority for accommodation in Women’s Hostels of Government Polytechnics, if the hostel facility is available.
How to apply for WBSCTE JEXPO or VOCLET?
Candidates can apply for the WBSCTE JEXPO exam or VOCLET exam by following the steps given below.
For Online Application Form
Step 1: Candidates can click on the link which is available on this page, or visit exam.webscte.co.in.
Step 2: Now candidates can enter all the details asked for the registration.
Step 3: Complete the registration process and then enter the login details to get the Application Form 2022.
Step 4: As soon as the candidates log in, the application form will appear and they can enter all the details inside the form.
Step 5: After entering all the information correctly upload the photograph and then submit the application form.
Note- Candidates who are from outside West Bengal are required to declare themselves as the ‘General’ category only in the application form.
JEXPO 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Given below is the minimum eligibility criteria for the JEXPO & VOCLET 2022:
- Age – There is no upper age limit in the exam. However, the date of birth of the candidates should not fall after July 01, 2007 (01 July 2005 for Part-Time Diploma in Electrical Engineering).
- Academic Qualification – Candidates should have passed class 10th with 35% marks in aggregate excluding the marks of the subject taken as additional. Other course-wise educational qualifications can be checked from the 2022 information brochure. Those who are appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply for the test, however, their admission remains provisional subject to the submission of pass certificate/mark sheet at the time of admission.
- Citizenship – Candidates must be a citizen of India.
VOCLET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Age – There is no age limit for the candidates appearing for WBSCTE VOCLET 2022 for Part-Time Diploma in Electrical Engineering. The candidates must before 01 July 2022 for Diploma in MOPM and 3DAG.
Academic Qualification –
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 examination of the West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development (Vocational Education Division) OR
- Should have passed the 2 years ITI plus Madhyamik or equivalent examination. Candidates who have appeared for ITI are not eligible. Candidates having passed the Vocational Course from Councils/Boards other than WBSCTE and VE and SD (VED) are not eligible.
- Those who are appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply for the test, however, their admission remains provisional subject to the submission of pass certificate/mark sheet at the time of admission.
Citizenship – Candidates must be a citizen of India.
Medical Standard: For admission, candidates must satisfy the following medical standard:
- No colour blindness.
- Should be physically and mentally fit.
- Should be able to pursue a technical course.
Who are not eligible to apply for VOCLET 2022?
Candidates who fall under these categories are not eligible to apply for the entrance exam:
a) Candidates who appeared in ITI are not eligible to apply.
b) Those who have passed the Vocational (10+2) course from council/board other than WBSCT&VE&SD (VED) are not eligible.
Diploma Courses Offered
Through the JEXPO and VOCLET entrance exams, candidates are offered admission in 32 disciplines of Diploma in Engineering & Technology. These are as follows:
- Agricultural Engineering
- Automobile Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science & Technology
- Computer Software Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Industrial Control
- Electrical Power System
- Food Processing Technology
- Footwear Technology
- Geographic Information System (GIS) & Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- Information Technology
- Leather Goods Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering (Production)
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Mining EngineePrinting Technology
- Renewable Energy
- Survey Engineeringring
- Mine Surveying
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Multi-Media Technology
- Packaging Technology
- Printing Technology
- Renewable Energy
- Survey Engineering
JEXPO 2022 Syllabus
The JEXPO syllabus based on the previous year’s examination is given below.
Syllabus for Mathematics
- Real numbers.
- Law of Indices.
- Co-ordinate geometry – Distance formula.
- Linear simultaneous equations.
- Properties of parallelogram.
- Transversal & mid-point theorem.
- Profit & Loss.
- Theorems on the area.
- Constructions of a parallelogram, whose measurement of one angle is given and equal in area of a triangle.
- Constructions of quadrilateral in equal in area of triangle.
- Area of perimeter of triangle and quadrilateral shaped region.
- Circumference of circle.
- Theorems on circumference.
- Area of circular region.
- Co-ordinate geometry – internal and external division of straight line segment.
- Co-ordinate geometry – area of triangular region.
- Quadratic equations in one variable.
- Simple interest.
- Theorems related to circle.
- Rectangular paralleled or cuboid.
- Ratio and proportion. Theorems related to angles in a circle
- Compound Interest (upto 3 years) and uniform rate of increase or decrease.
- Theorems related to angles in a circle.
- Right Circular Cylinder
- Quadratic Surd.
- Theorems related to the cyclic quadrilateral.
- Construction: Construction of circumcircle and incircle of a triangle.
- Partnership Business.
- Theorems related to Tangent to a circle.
- Right circular cone.
- Construction: Construction of tangent to a circle.
- Problems related to different solid objects.
- Trigonometry: concept of measurement of angle.
- Construction: Determination of mean proportional.
- Pythagoras theorem.
- Trigonometric Ratios and Trigonometric Identities.
- Trigonometric Ratios of complementary angle.
- Application of Trigonometric Ratios: Heights and Distances.
- Statistics: Mean, Median, Mode.
Syllabus for Physical Science
- Force and Motion.
- Atomic Structure.
- Mole Concept.
- Matter: Structure and Properties.
- Acids, Bases and Salts.
- Work, Power and Energy.
- Separation of Components of Mixtures.
- Concerns about Our Environment.
- Behaviour of Gases.
- Periodic Table and Periodicity of the Properties of Elements.
- Ionic and Covalent Bonding.
- Chemical Calculations.
- Thermal Phenomena.
- Current Electricity.
- Electricity and Chemical Reactions.
- Inorganic Chemistry in the Laboratory and in Industry.
- Atomic Nucleus.
- Organic Chemistry and general awareness.
VOCLET 2022 Syllabus
The VOCLET syllabus based on the previous year’s examination is given below.
Syllabus for Mathematics
- Law of Indices.
- Complex Numbers.
- Sequence & Series.
- AP & GP.
- Quadratic Equations.
- Geometry & Coordinate Geometry.
Syllabus for Physics
- Units of measurement
- Work & Energy
- Law of gravitation
- Elastic behaviour
- Thermal Physics
- Periodic Motion
Syllabus for Chemistry
- Chemical equations
- Extra Nuclear Structure of Atom
- Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
- Thermodynamic Structure
- Gaseous state of matter
- Liquid state of matter
- Equilibrium & Acidimetry
- Organic Chemistry & Organic Compounds
- Environmental Chemistry
Syllabus for Mechanics
- Concept of engineering mechanics
- System of forces
- Moment & its applications
- Equilibrium of force systems
- Simple Lifting Machines
- Centre of Gravity
- Moment of Inertia
- General awareness
Syllabus of Computer Application
- Introduction to computer systems
- Computer software and programming language
- Numerical aptitude
JEXPO 2022 and VOCLET 2022 Admit Card
The candidates must carry the hard copy of the JEXPO and VOCLET hall ticket on the day of the test along with their id proof. It is further advised to the candidates, to preserve their admit card as it shall be required for document verification at the time of counselling. No Admit Card is going to be sent to the applicants appearing for JEXPO-2022 and VOCLET 2022 through post or other means.
Released where- All the eligible candidates who have registered for the WBSCTE JEXPO and VOCLET 2022 can download their admit card for the same at exam.webscte.co.in.
How to get it- To download it, candidates require to log in using the application form number.
Details on Admit Card- It contains personal details of the candidate as well as exam details like reporting timings, address of the test centre, date of the test, etc.
Note- There is no provision of re-testing for the candidates who are unable to report at their assigned exam centre on the respective exam date and time.
JEXPO 2022 and VOCLET 2022 Exam Pattern
- Mode of the exam: Offline Mode
- Type of Question: The questions shall be Multiple choice questions (MCQ).
- Duration: The duration of exam is 2 hours.
- Number of Questions: Total Number of Questions is 100.
- Total Marks: 100 marks.
- Language: The question paper is provided in Bengali and English language.
- Negative marking: For an incorrect answer, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
Candidates can check the distribution of questions in the JEXPO and VOCLET 2022 exams from the table below.
Books for JEXPO / VOCLET Preparation
Once the candidates have taken a look at the exam pattern and syllabus for the test, the next step in the preparation is to collect the best resources to study from. Take a look at the books listed below which are available online for JEXPO and VOCLET exam preparation:
|Name of the book||Directly buy here|
|Polytechnic Jexpo (Bengali) by Jayanta Gupta||Buy here|
|Guide to MCQ for Joint Entrance Examination Polytechnic (JEXPO) by Maity, Sarkar||Buy here|
|Helps to the Study of POLYTECHNIC Joint Entrance Examination (JEXPO) by JEE Specialists||Buy here|
|Guide to Polytechnic Joint Entrance MCQ JEXPO With Previous Year Solve by Bhattacharjee||Buy here|
Exam Centers for JEXPO 2022 and VOCLET 2022 exams
JEXPO and VOCLET 2022 entrance exams are going to be conducted in various districts in West Bengal. Candidates can check the list of the exam centres below. The exam centres are allotted to the candidate as per the ‘choice of zone’ as submitted by them in the application form.
- Kolkata – North
- Kolkata – South
- Kolkata – Central
- South 24- Parganas
- North 24- Parganas
- Purba Bardhaman
- Paschim Bardhaman
- Purba Medinipur
- Paschim Medinipur
- Uttar Dinajpur
- Dakshin Dinajpur
Those candidates who are from outside West Bengal have to choose options of “zone of examination” from the districts of Kolkata, Howrah, South 24- Parganas or North 24- Parganas.
JEXPO and VOCLET 2022 Counselling
All those candidates who can check their names in the WBSCTE JEXPO and VOCLET 2022 merit list can appear for the WBSCTE JEXPO and VOCLET 2022 Counselling round. WBSCTE is going to conduct the Counselling for the selected candidates in online mode. It shall also arrange pre-counselling seminars for the guidance of the candidates in the seminar in which the candidates are guided for the Counselling procedure. All the queries of the candidates shall be met by the officials of the council. Selected candidates of JEXPO and VOCLET may join the seminar on the given date and time.
Note- There is no provision for Management Quota admission under the Lateral Entry Scheme.
JEXPO and VOCLET Reservation Policy
WBSCTE reserves the following number of seats for various reserved category candidates in the Polytechnic institutes. It is to be noted that the reservation policy is applicable only for the candidates belonging to the West Bengal state.
JEXPO Reservation details
|Category||Reservation of seats|
|Tuition Fee Waiver (TFW)||05%|
|District Quota (DQ)||20%|
|Female quota in DQ||25%|
|Land Loser Quota||02%|
Important points under JEXPO Reservation
- There is no district quota in Institutes namely – APC Roy Polytechnic, Jnann Chandra Ghosh Polytechnic, Central Calcutta Polytechnic, Birla Institute of Technology, and North Calcutta Polytechnic.Management quota seats in the self-financed polytechnics affiliated to the council are 25% of the approved intake.
- Out of the total number of seats in the branches of Printing Technology and Photography at the Regional Institute of Printing Technology, about 27 and 14 number of seats are reserved under AICTE norms.
VOCLET Reservation details in Govt and Govt. sponsored Polytechnic Institute
|Category||Reservation of seats|
Note: Women’s Polytechnic, Kolkata and Women’s Polytechnic, Chandanagar is exclusively meant for female candidates only. Whereas, Ramakrishna Mission Shilpapitha, Belgharia, is for male candidates only.
The West Bengal State Council of Technical & Vocational Education & Skill Development (WBSCTE) is a statutory body under the Government of West Bengal. It conducts the JEXPO and VOCLET Examination for admission to Polytechnic Education and Diplomas in Engineering and Technology. It was started in the year 1987. It has the responsibility to conduct the Short Term Vocational Training Programme in different centres and affiliate institutes offering Vocational Courses under the supervision of the West Bengal State Council of Vocational Education and Training.
To download JEXPO 2022 Information Brochure, click here.
To download VOCLET 2022 Information Brochure, click here.
Official Website: www.webscte.org
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.