ISI Admission – Indian Statistical Institute has released the application form for admission to 2022 – 2023 Session. ISI conducts offers admission to B Stat (Hons), B. Math. (Hons), M Stat, M Math, MS (QE), MS (QMS), MS (LIS), M Tech (CS), M Tech (CrS), M Tech (QROR), PG Diplomas and Research Fellowships courses. Candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in the exam and interview, a merit list is prepared for the allocation of seats. Candidates can check the below given details for more information about ISI Admission 2022, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, process etc.
Latest – The application form for ISI Admission 2022 is out. Click here to apply online.
ISI Admission 2022
Indian Statistical Institute offers a total of 2 undergraduate courses, 7 postgraduate courses and 3 post-diploma courses in ISI. Candidates can check the dates related to ISI admission 2022 from the table below:
|ISI Admission 2022||Date|
|Availability of ISI 2022 Online Application Form||01 March 2022|
|Last date of submission of Online Application Form||31 March 2022|
|Availability of ISI admit card||21 April 2022|
|Examination date of ISI Exam||08 May 2022|
|Availability of Answer key||To be announced|
|last date to submit objection||To be announced|
|Release of merit list and Allocation list||To be announced|
ISI 2022 Application Form
ISI has closed the ISI application form online at isical.ac.in. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria can apply online for the entrance exam.
How to Apply?
- To fill the application form, visit the official website of ISI.
- Click on the application form link available on the homepage of ISI official website.
- Fill the Registration form by providing their details like name, date of birth, mobile number, email Id etc. and generate a password to access the login.
- Login details will be provided to the candidate directly via SMS/Email.
- Now login and start filling the ISI application form.
- In application form candidates have to fill the details, upload the documents and have to pay the application fee.
- Candidates must preserve the login details for future logins.
Candidates need to pay the application fee in order to complete the application process. the fee details are mentioned below:
|General category for all programs (Male Applicants)||Rs 1250|
|General category for all programs (Female Applicants)||Rs 750|
|OBC-NCL/SC/ST/PwD Category candidates for all programs||Rs 625|
Mode of Payment – The fee is to be paid through given below ways:
- Debit Card
- Credit Card
- Challan or cash
Course Offered for ISI 2022 Admission
Candidates can check the courses offered for admission into ISI Kolkata, ISI Delhi, ISI Chennai, ISI Bangalore, ISI Hyderabad, ISI Tezpur, ISI Giridih. for academic year:
- B Stat (Hons)
- B Math (Hons)
- M Stat
- M Math
- MS (QE)
- MS (QMS)
- MS (LIS)
- M Tech (CS)
- M Tech (QROR)
- PG Diplomas and Research Fellowships
- JRF in Statistics
- JRF in Mathematics
- JRF in Quantitative Economics
- JRF in Computer Science
- JRF in Quality Reliability and Operations Research
- JRF in Physics and Applied Mathematics
- JRF in Biological Science
- JRF in Library and Information Science
ISI 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates wishing to appear for the entrance exam must go through the exam pattern as given below:
- Mode of exam: The exam is held in offline mode.
- Session: There are two session Forenoon session (MCQ) and Afternoon session (Descriptive type)
- Marking scheme: For correct answer 1 mark is awarded and for no or incorrect answer 0 marks is awarded.
- Types of questions:
- (i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) – There are total 30 questions in the exam.
- (ii) Descriptive type: In this candidates have to write the answers.
The Course-wise exam pattern and syllabus is given below:
- Bachelor of Statistics (Hons) [B Stat (Hons)], Bachelor of Mathematics (Hons) [B Math (Hons)]
- Two written tests comprising multiple-choice type and descriptive questions in Mathematics at the 10+2 level.
- Master of Statistics [M Stat]:
- The written admission test is designed to assess competence in the theory and methods of Statistics and comprehension in Mathematics, and has two parts:
- Multiple-choice questions in Statistics and Mathematics at the undergraduate level in the first part, and
- Short-answer questions in Statistics and Mathematics at the undergraduate level in the second part.
- Master of Mathematics [M Math]:
- The admission tests will comprise multiple-choice questions in Mathematics in the first part and short-answer type questions in Mathematics in the second part.
- The questions will be on Mathematics at a level corresponding roughly to the Mathematics Honours/Major of Indian universities
- Master of Science in Quantitative Economics [MS (QE)]:
- The written admission tests will comprise multiple-choice and short answer type questions in both Economics and Mathematics at the undergraduate level.
- Master of Science in Quality Management Science [MS (QMS)]:
- The written admission tests will comprise multiple-choice and/or descriptive questions in Mathematics at the undergraduate level.
- Master of Technology in Computer Science [M Tech (CS)], Master of Technology in Cryptology and Security [M Tech (CrS)]:
- The written test consists of two tests:
- (i.) a multiple choice type test on Mathematics at the B.Sc. (pass) level
- (ii.) a subjective test consisting of two parts, the candidate having to answer any one part:
- Group A: Mathematics at the B.Sc. (pass) level
- Group B: Computer Science at B.E./B. Tech. level
- The written test consists of two tests:
- Master of Technology in Quality, Reliability & Operations Research [M.Tech (QROR)]:
- The Admission Test is conducted in two sessions (forenoon and afternoon):
- Session 1: a multiple-choice type of test in Mathematics at the undergraduate level;
- Session 2: a descriptive test for the two streams as follows:
- Part I (for Statistics Stream): A test divided into two sections carrying equal marks, in Statistics and Probability. Candidates must answer questions from both the sections.
- Part II (for Engineering Stream): A test divided into two sections carrying different marks, in Mathematics and Engineering. The Engineering section will have questions on Thermodynamics, Engineering Mechanics, Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Engineering Drawing. Candidates must answer questions from both the sections.
- The Admission Test is conducted in two sessions (forenoon and afternoon):
- Postgraduate Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics [PGDSMA]:
- The admission test will comprise multiple-choice questions on Basic Mathematics.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Agricultural and Rural Management with Statistical Methods and Analytics [PGDARSMA]:
- The admission test will comprise multiple-choice questions on Mathematics (up to 12th standard), Logical Reasoning, as well as English Grammar and Comprehension.
Candidates who will fail to secure minimum qualifying marks in the Forenoon test will not be evaluated in subsequent stages.
ISI Admissions 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidate applying for the admission into ISI must fulfil the given below eligibility criteria:
Undergraduate courses – Candidates who have completed 10+2 or equivalent with English and Mathematics as subjects from any recognized board can apply for ISI admissions.
Postgraduate courses –
Master of Statistics – Candidates must have completed any of the ones:
- B.E. / B.Tech. degree with Statistics as one of the subject OR
- Must have passed B.Math from ISI itself OR
- Candidate must have completed PG Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics from ISI
Master of Mathematics: Candidates must have done any one of the following:
- 3-year Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics OR
- B.Stat. degree from ISI OR
- B.E. / B.Tech. degree with Mathematics as a subject
Master of Science in Quality Management Science: Candidates who have completed 3-year Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as a subject can apply for this course.
Master of Science in Quantitative Economics: Candidates who have completed 3-year Bachelor’s degree and 10+2 with Mathematics as a subject can apply for this course.
Master of Science in Library and Information Science: Candidates must have completed 3 years bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
Master of Technology in Computer Science Cryptology and Security: Candidate must have completed a master’s degree in in any discipline and Maths in 10+2 level. OR B.E. / B.Tech. degree or equivalent with Maths as a subject.
Master of Technology in Quality, Reliability & Operations Research: Aspirants should have a Master Degree in Statistics. Also, they must have studied Physics and Chemistry in Class 12th. OR Must have a Master’s Degree in Statistics with Physics and Chemistry in Class 12th. They must also have a BE or B Tech degree that should be equivalent to AMIE.
Post-Graduate Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics: Candidate must have completed 3 years bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as a subject OR B.E. / B. Tech. degree or equivalent to AMIE.
Post-Graduate Diploma in Agricultural and Rural Management Statistical Methods and Analytics: Candidate must have completed 3 years bachelor’s degree in any stream. They must have studied statistics and Mathematics in class 12th.
Post-Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications: Candidates who have completed 3-year Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as a subject can apply for this course.
ISI Admissions 2022 Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
(a) Statistics: To be eligible for admission to this programme, an applicant must have an M Stat degree from ISI or an MA / M.Sc or equivalent degree in Statistics.
(b) Mathematics: To be eligible for admission to this programme, an applicant must have an M Stat / M Math degree from ISI, or an MA / M.Sc or equivalent degree in Mathematics OR ME / M.Tech degree or equivalent with Mathematics as a subject.
(c) Quantitative Economics: To be eligible for admission to this programme, an applicant must have a Master’sParagraph degree in any discipline with Economics / Mathematics / Statistics as a subject at the undergraduate or postgraduate level.
(d) Computer Science: In order to be eligible for admission to this programme, an applicant must have an ME / M.Tech or equivalent degree in Electronics / Telecommunication / Radio Physics / Computer Science / Electrical Engineering / Microwave Communications / Information Technology / Bioinformatics/ Biotechnology with Mathematics as a subject at the undergraduate or postgraduate level,or an M.Sc/ MCA / MA or equivalent degree in Physics / Mathematics / Applied Mathematics / Statistics / Electronic Sciences / Computer Science / Atmospheric Science / Information Technology / Bioinformatics / Biotechnology with Mathematics as a subject at the undergraduate and postgraduate level.
(e) Quality, Reliability & Operations Research: To be eligible for admission to this programme, an applicant must have an M.Tech / ME / MS / M.Phil or equivalent degree in Quality / Reliability/ Operations Research, or an M Stat / M.Sc / MA or equivalent degree in Mathematics / Statistics /Physics with Mathematics as a subject at the graduate level.
(f) Physics and Applied Mathematics: M.Sc in Physics or an M.Sc degree in Mathematics or equivalent(Offered at Kolkata)
(g) Geology: M.Sc in Geology or equivalent with minimum 55% marks(Offered at Kolkata)
(h) Biological Science: (i) an M.Sc (Ag) in Agronomy/ Agricultural Chemistry and Soil Science/ Entomology / Plant Pathology/ Nematology / Plant Nematology or (ii) an M.Sc in Environmental Science/ Agricultural Biotechnology or (iii) an M.Sc in Zoology with specialization in Nematology. (Offered at Kolkata).
(i) Library and Information Science: MS (LIS) awarded by ISI or Associateship in Documentation and Information Science (ADIS, awarded by ISI or NISCAIR / INSDOC) or its equivalent degree (such as Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from any Indian / Foreign University). (Offered at Bengaluru).
ISI 2022 Admit Card
The details regarding the ISI Admit Card 2022 are given below.
- The official authority releases the Admit card under the candidate’s login.
- It will be issued to only those candidates who have filled their application for ISI 2022 correctly.
- Candidates need their email id and password to download the same.
- It comprises crucial details like the registration number of the candidate, name of the candidate, exam date and time, exam venue etc.
- No candidate is allowed inside the exam hall without their hardcopy of ISI 2022 Admit Card, valid identity proof and blue / black pen.
ISI 2022 Admission Test Syllabus
Candidates must know the syllabus and pattern of the exam in order to prepare for the ISI Exam. Candidates can check the syllabus for ISI 2022 Exam from the details given below.
ISI 2022 Test Centres
ISI is going to conduct the exam in total 8 cities for academic session 2022 – 2023 . Candidates can check all the test centres for ISI Admission Test 2022 in the details given below.
Click here to check the notice regarding updates list of test centres.
ISI 2022 Result
The details regarding the result of ISI Admission 2022 – 2023 are given below.
- The result of ISI will be released in the form of merit list.
- Candidates can check the result in online mode on the official website.
- Merit list carries the score, rank, name of the candidate and registration number etc.
- Candidates who will qualify the written test will be called for the interview round.
- Based on rank in the merit list and performance in interview candidates are allocated seats.
Interview Call List
Interview Call List for various courses is released after the declaration of result. Candidates have to produce the documents and have to appear in person at the specified date and time. Candidates have to carry the mentioned below documents along with the self-attested copies of them at the time of interview:
- Passport size photo.
- Valid ID proof (like passport, PAN Card, Voter ID card, Aadhaar card, etc.).
- Original Mark sheets/ Certificates of Class 10th & 12th
- Marksheets of Graduation
- Valid Category Certificates, if applicable.
- Work Experience documents, if applicable.
- Any other Qualifications or Achievements Certificate.
- North-East domicile certificate, if applicable
ISI 2022 Selection Procedure
Candidates can check the selection procedure of ISI 2022 – 2023 given below.
- Candidates are selected on the basis of their performance in the admission test and the interview conducted by the Institute.
- Applicants who have been awarded a Junior Research Fellowship by NBHM / CSIR / UGC / ICMR / DST / DBT based on a national written admission test are also required to clear the ISI Admission Test.
- On the basis of the performance in the exam, candidates will be allocated seats to the students who wish to obtain a PhD degree from ISI.
Click here to check the complete ISI 2022 Selection procedure
ISI 2022 Admission Fee Details
The admission fee details are as per the last years data which will be updated as soon as the university releases the details on the official website. For now, candidates can check the last years Admission fee details given below to get an idea for ISI Admission fees for 2022
Courses Offered at ISI for Academic session 2022 – 2023
ISI is offering various Bachelor, Masters, diploma and Research courses at different centers. Candidates can check the complete details below.
ISI 2022 Seat Matrix
Candidates can check the seat matrix related details below.
|Bachelor of Statistics Honours||63|
|Bachelor of Mathematics Honours||63|
|Master of Statistics||38|
|Master of Mathematics||24|
|Master of Science in Quantitative Economics (Delhi)||20|
|Master of Science in Quantitative Economics (Kolkata)||12|
|Master of Science in Quality Management Sciences||30|
|Master of Science in Library and Information Science||15|
|Master of Technology in Computer Science||20|
|Master of Technology in Cryptology and Security||25|
|Master of Technology in Quality Reliability and Operations Research||32|
|Post-Graduate Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics (Chennai)||25|
|Post-Graduate Diploma in Statistical Methods and Analytics (Tezpur)||18|
|Post-Graduate Diploma in Computer Agricultural and Rural Management with Statistical Methods and Analytics||18|
Junior Research Fellowship Programs
|Course||No. of seats|
|JRF in Statistics||12|
|JRF Quantitative Economics||10|
|JRF in Computer Science||20|
|JRF in Quality Reliability and Operations Research||2|
|JRF Physics & Applied Mathematics||6|
|JRF in Biological Science||2|
|JRF Library and Information Science||1|
Candidates can also check the category wise seat matrix given below:
Indian Statistical Institute
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Indian Statistical Institute(ISI) was founded in 1931. Its has its headquaters in Baranagar, Kolkata and West Bengal which offers 2 undergraduate courses, 7 post graduates and 3 post-diploma courses. For admission into ISI, candidates have to appear for the written test and interview and currently, there are around 1000 administrative staff and total 375 students in the institute. According to Webometrics Ranking of World Universities, the ranking of ISI is 1352.
Official website: isical.ac.in
“Important Downloads” | PDF Links –
Candidates can apply for the ISI Admission process by filling the application form once available.
ISI Exam for admission in various programs will be conducted in offline mode.
No, candidate will have to appear for the ISI Exam for admission in the courses.
ISI 2020 Exam Frequently Asked Questions
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.