Pondicherry University Admission 2021- Pondicherry University (PU) offers admission into various postgraduate (PG), Integrated as well as PhD programs. It also runs the Directorate of Distance Learning which offers a wide range of distance learning courses. The Pondicherry University Distance Education admissions 2022 are in process. The last date to take admission to the PU Distance Education courses is March 31, 2022. Candidates can apply online and check all the related information on the official websites, pondiuni.edu.in & dde.pondiuni.edu.in. Both Indian and international candidates must check the eligibility criteria and the selection process for the respective courses before filling the online PU application form. Refer to this page for a detailed account of the Pondicherry University Admission 2022 process, including the application process, eligibility, entrance exam, result etc.
Latest- The last date to submit the PU Distance Education application forms and take admission in distance learning courses is March 31, 2022. The information about the PU Admission 2022 is expected to be released soon.
Pondicherry University Admission 2022
The application form for the Pondicherry University Admission 2022 for regular courses is expected to release soon. The ongoing PU Distance Education admissions 2022 are going to end on March 31, 2022. The university also conducts the computer-based test (CBT) as an entrance exam for admission to certain programs.
Disclaimer- The PU admission 2022 details for the regular PG/Integrated/PhD courses on this page are based on the previous year’s admission procedure. The latest information is going to be updated as per the schedule.
Pondicherry University Admission 2022 Overview
Given below is an overview of the Pondicherry University 2022 admission process and its courses.
|University Name||Pondicherry University|
|Year of Establishment||1985|
|Type of Institution||Central University|
|Courses Offered||MA, M.Sc, M.Tech, MBA, MCA, M.Com., M.Ed., M.Lib.I.Sc, L.L.M, M.P.Ed., MSW, M.P.A., PG Diploma, PhD|
|Official Website||pondiuni.edu.in | dde.pondiuni.edu.in|
|Mode of Entrance Examination||Online- Computer-based Test (CBT)|
- Click Here to apply for the Pondicherry admissions for session 2022 for regular courses, as per the schedule.
- Click here to apply for the PU Distance Education courses for session 2022.
Pondicherry University Admission 2022 Important Dates
Given below is the table with important dates regarding the PU admission 2022 for both regular and distance learning courses.
|Application form release||To be announced||Available|
|Last Date to apply||To be announced||31 Mar 2022|
|Admit Card release||To be announced||—|
|Entrance Exam Date||To be announced||—|
|Result Declared||To be announced||—|
Distance Education Admissions
Affiliated Institute Admissions
Pondicherry University PG Admission 2022
The candidates can take admission into the following postgraduate (PG) degree and diploma courses of Pondicherry University:
- MA in Tamil/ Economics/ English & Comparative Lit./ French/ Hindi/ Sanskrit/ Philosophy/ Anthropology/ Sociology/ History/ Pol. Sci./ Politics & International Relations/ Women Studies/ South Asian Studies/ Human Rights & Inclusive Policy/ Mass Com.
- M.Com in Buiness Finance/ Accounting & Taxation/ Business Finance
- PG Diploma in Foreign Trade (Add on)/ Asian Christian Studies/ Theatre Arts (Add on)/ Teaching Skills/ Rural development/ Functional Hindi & Translation/ Professional Communication in English (PGDPCE)/ Biotech./ Industrial Psychology/ Human Rights/ Industrial Relations & labour laws/ Criminology & Forensic science /Intellectual Property Rights
- M.Sc in Mathematics/ Quatitave Finance/ Statistics/ Physics/ Chemistry/ Applied Geology/ Applied Psychology/ Marine Biology/ Ecology/ Environmental Sciences/ Biotechnology/ Biochemistry & Molecular Biology/ Microbiology/ Food Science & Nutrition or Technoogy/ Bioinformatics/ Computer Sci./ Electronic Media/ Coastal Disaster Management.
- LLM in Corporate & Securities Laws /Intellectual Property Laws/ International Commercial Laws.
- M.Lib.I.Sc.- Master of Library & Information Science
- M.P.A. Drama and Theatre Arts
- M.Phil. Drama and Theatre Arts
- M.Ed. Master of Education
- M.C.A. Master of Computer Applications
- M.S.W. Master of Social Work
- M.P.Ed. Master of Physical Education
Eligibility Criteria: Bachelor’s degree with at least 50% score (relaxation of 5% is possible for reserved category candidates) with the relevant subjects.
Pondicherry University Integrated Admission 2022
The candidates can take admission into the following integrated courses available at Pondicherry University:
- M.Sc. Mathematics (5 years Integrated Programme)
- M.Sc. Statistics (5 years Integrated Programme)
- M.Sc. Physics (5 years Integrated Programme)
- M.Sc. Chemistry (5 years Integrated Programme)
- M.Sc. Applied Geology (5 years Integrated Programme)
- M.A. Sociology (Five Year Integrated)
- M.A. History (Five Year Integrated)
- M.A. Political Science (5 Year Integrated Programme)
- M.Sc. Computer Science (5 Years Integrated)
- For M.Sc. History/ Pol.Sci./ Sociology Integrated Courses- Passed in 10+2 with a minimum of 50% of marks.
- For other Integrated courses- Passed in10 +2 with a minimum of 50% of marks with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as subjects.
Pondicherry University PhD Admission 2022
The candidates can take PhD admission into the following research subjects at Pondicherry University:
- Ecology and Environmental Sciences
- Marine Biology
- Food Science and Technology
- Physical Education
- Women’s Studies
- Social work
- South Asian Studies
- Social Exclusion & Inclusive Policy
- European Studies
- Maritime Studies
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Computer Science & engineering
- Environmental Technology & Engineering
- Adult and Continuing Education
- Drama & Theatre Arts
- Library and Information Science
- Electronic Media
- Mass Communication
- Green Energy Technology
- Nano science Technology
Eligibility Criteria: Master’s degree with at least 55% score (50% for SC/ST/OBCnon-creamy layer/ PwD) from any recognised Institution/University in a relevant subject.
Pondicherry University Admission 2022 Application Form
Subscribe For Latest Updates
The candidates can apply for PU admissions by first registering and then filing the PU application form 2022 through the following steps:
- Visit pondiuni.edu.in.
- Scroll below to the “Admissions 2022-23” section, as available, and click on the “More Details” button.
- On the new page that opens, scroll to reach the “Notification/Online Application” section.
- Click on the “Online Application Notification” option.
- A page with the ‘notifications/press release/ apply online/login’ buttons will open. It will also mention the course-wise application window.
- Scroll to select the “Apply online” button of the respective course. Click on the “New User” tab.
- Fill the registration form with basic details like name, course, mobile no., email ID etc. and submit.
- Enter the user ID and password generated during the registration and click on the “Sign in” button.
- Fill the application form details like personal information, qualifications, course details, and upload documents.
- Fill the required application fee and submit the application form.
Note- Separate application forms have to be filled for applying for multiple courses.
The candidates are expected to pay the following application fee, as per the previous year’s details:
|Courses||Fee (for SC/ST)||Fee (for others)|
Note- No application fee has to be paid by candidates belonging to the PH and Transgender categories, if they provide the necessary certificates.
Pondicherry University Admission 2022 Hall Ticket
The PU 2022 admit cards/ hall tickets for the CBT entrance exam are going to be generated only for the candidates who had successfully submitted their applications and fee. The candidates must take their printed PU admit cards 2022 to the exam centre to take the entrance exam.
Released where: The PU admit cards 2022 are going to be available at the official PU website, pondiuni.edu.in.
How to get Admit Card: The candidates can download the admit cards by logging in using their user ID and password.
Details on Admit Card: The admit card has the PU entrance exam details like exam date, slot, time and centre.
Pondicherry University Admission 2022 Result
The PU entrance test result is going to be made available online on the official website. The scores of the candidates can be checked from the result card of the test. The university also publishes merit/provisional/selection lists according to the courses on the PU website. The selected candidates must follow through the admission procedure to confirm their candidature for PU admission.
Pondicherry University Admission 2022 Selection Process
TAs per the previous year’s details, the selection procedure of the eligible candidates according to the courses they have applied for is as follows:
- M.P.Ed– Entrance Exam and Physical Fitness Test
- MBA- Entrance Exam, Group Discussion and Personal Interview
- LLM– Entrance Exam, Group Discussion and Personal Interview
- Ph.D- Entrance Test/ JRF and Interview.
Pondicherry University Distance Education Admission 2022
Pondicherry University also offers candidates admission into a variety of distance learning courses of undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The PU distance education admission 2022 is in process. The last date to take admission for the session 2022-23 is March 31, 2022. the admission is going to be given on a “first come, first serve” basis. The candidates can apply at dde.pondiuni.edu.in by first completing their registration, then verifying the account, followed by application form & fee submission.
Courses offered: The candidates can take admission into the following UG, PG & MBA programmes-
- UG- BA (History/ Econ./ Sociology/ Eng./ Journ. & Mass Comm.), B.Com, and BBA.
- PG- MA (English/ Sociology/Hindi), and M.Com.
- MBA- Marketing/ Finance/ International Business/ Human Resource Management/ General/ Tourism/ Operations and Supply Chain Management/ Hospital Management
About Pondicherry University
Pondicherry University is a central university that was established in October 1985. It is an affiliating university whose jurisdiction is spread over the areas of the Union Territory of Puducherry, Lakshwadeep Islands, and Andaman & Nicobar Islands. The main university campus is located at Kalapet which is 10 km from Puducherry town. It also has campuses at Karaikal and Port Blair. The university’s aim is to disseminate and advance the knowledge by offering teaching and research facilities, and to promote interdisciplinary studies. Its motto is “Vers la lumière” which means “towards the light”.
Official website: pondiuni.edu.in
Pondicherry University Admission 2022 FAQs
Q.1 Can I fill the PU distance education admission form offline?
A.1 Yes, the candidates can fill the PondichUniversity Distance Education forms both online as well as offline.
Q.2 what is the last date to apply for the PU distance education admission form 2022?
A.2 the last date to take admission in the PU distance education courses is March 31, 2022.
Q.3 What are the login details required to download the Pondicherry University 2022 admit card?
A.3The candidates need their user ID and password to log in to download the PU entrance test 2022 admit card.
Q.4 Where will the Pondicherry University entrance exam result 2022 be released?
A.4 The PU entrance test 2022 results are going to be released on the official website- pondiuni.edu.in.
Q.5 Do the international candidates have to take the Pondicherry University entrance exam?
A.5 No, foreign/ NRI/ OCI candidates are not required to write the PU Entrance Examination for admission to any of the courses.
To get fastest exam alerts and government job alerts in India, join our Telegram channel.